Master Classes Picture/Video

Nio

Just now, Nio said:

Yeah thats kinda what i want to do, but Edelgard would be a better Wyvern Lord for me. Do we know Cyril's strenghts?

Not yet, but just from his description he said he learned archery from Shamir, so I assume at LEAST Bow.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

Maybe it only require you to get an A on one of the 2 weapons for a 100% success rate (like the brigand class).

1. Brigand requires only a C in Axes for a 100% success rate. No brawling is needed and a C in Brawling will not raise the chance by 1 bit.

2. While Fighter(the class you probably meant by Brigand) and Monk only require one of the skills, that is because they are beginner classes and it would be unfair to make axe users have to train bows and brawling for their first class.

3. Warrior requires only an A in Axes so there is no way a Master class will have the same, and possibly easier requirements if you could pick either.

4. War Master is a Master Class. Most Master class have at least 2 A's (Bow Knight has 2 A's in Bows and Riding and a C in Lances), so A in Axes and Brawling isn't even that demanding. 

you can always risk the exam but without a score of at least B in Brawling I'd say your odds would be below 50%, so you will have to train them.

@timon

If you really hate Gauntlets that much you can just set them as one of your 2 focuses and have it rack up in the background, while never having to actually use it.

I don't know which character's you specifically want to be a war master, but if it's someone who has a strength in Brawling then they will get there in no time. I'll use Caspar as an example. It takes 1320 exp to get from E to A. He starts with an E+ which elimates 40 of that exp from the start leaving you with a needed 1280 exp. If Brawling is set to one of his focuses he gains 32exp every week in that because he has a strength in it(28 for neutral, 24 for weakness). 1280/32 = 40 weeks until A rank in Gauntlets. That's 10 Months so by the end of Month 2 you will be finished and will then be able to take the War Master exam with no chance of failure. This will probably be just in time for Master classes as I don't see you reaching level 30 before month 2 very easily. However if you do and you want War master faster then you can just throw that character in a few seminars with Catherine or Alois(probably him as he does Axes too), or just tutor it a bit.

That's A rank in Brawling in 10 Months with absolutely no actual use of them. Downside is you can only have one other focus but if you are going war master then it's likely to be Axes and Gauntlets anyway. 

Edited by SpiceMan

1 hour ago, SpiceMan said:

If you really hate Gauntlets that much you can just set them as one of your 2 focuses and have it rack up in the background, while never having to actually use it.

This is what I'm going to do for anything that requires Hvy Armor. I generally hate armored users, so I'm just gonna have it get higher in the background without ever having to use it. I think it's the smartest way to go about it to get requirements on stuff without switching around like crazy. Like getting Reason higher in the background while doing the Swordmaster path towards Mortal Savant.

54 minutes ago, Kiran_ said:

This is what I'm going to do for anything that requires Hvy Armor. I generally hate armored users, so I'm just gonna have it get higher in the background without ever having to use it. I think it's the smartest way to go about it to get requirements on stuff without switching around like crazy. Like getting Reason higher in the background while doing the Swordmaster path towards Mortal Savant.

Yep, doing the same. Thank God we can teach 2 skills per week, armour/riding/flying have a group task and we can also instruct, so it really looks it wont be that hard (stuff like Hubert riding, Felix Reason, etc).

Kinda thinking on making Caspar a Wyvern Lord or a War Master....

10 hours ago, Azz said:

Bow Knights are basically Gaiden/SoV level if they have Close Counter equipped on top of their abilities wow

Also I like how Falcon Knight only has a B+ requirement in Flying. It makes up for the fact there is no Pegasus Knight class in Advanced tier.

Anyone else fine the abilities rather underwhelming though? Maybe it's because most of them have canto, which takes away 1 option, but all they have is faires and stuff. I was hoping they might have some more unique abilities but maybe mastering the classes will get cool abilities.

I dunno - I was told that attacking from long range with bows drops accuracy (the exact reduction is unknown). Also, I found bow units infuriating to use in SoV, especially with regard to facing Cantors and Dread Fighters - it's like trying to raise a Deino (a 5th generation Pokemon with the highest evolution level for Pokemon with three stages - on both accounts [Deino evolves into Zweilous at level 50. Zweilous doesn't evolve into Hyderigon until level 64]. Note that both Deino and Zweilous have Hustle, which powers up their moves, but lowers their accuracy, for their ability).

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

I don't know which character's you specifically want to be a war master, but if it's someone who has a strength in Brawling then they will get there in no time. I'll use Caspar as an example. It takes 1320 exp to get from E to A. He starts with an E+ which elimates 40 of that exp from the start leaving you with a needed 1280 exp. If Brawling is set to one of his focuses he gains 32exp every week in that because he has a strength in it(28 for neutral, 24 for weakness). 1280/32 = 40 weeks until A rank in Gauntlets. That's 10 Months so by the end of Month 2 you will be finished and will then be able to take the War Master exam with no chance of failure. This will probably be just in time for Master classes as I don't see you reaching level 30 before month 2 very easily. However if you do and you want War master faster then you can just throw that character in a few seminars with Catherine or Alois(probably him as he does Axes too), or just tutor it a bit.

That's A rank in Brawling in 10 Months with absolutely no actual use of them. Downside is you can only have one other focus but if you are going war master then it's likely to be Axes and Gauntlets anyway. 

If I'm reading what we've seen of the calendar system correctly, I believe it's only 3 weeks of instruction per month (The rest being dedicated to the monthly field study).

That puts A-rank in a strong focus at 13 months and 1 week, and thus presumably slightly into the war phase.

18 minutes ago, Marros said:

If I'm reading what we've seen of the calendar system correctly, I believe it's only 3 weeks of instruction per month (The rest being dedicated to the monthly field study).

That puts A-rank in a strong focus at 13 months and 1 week, and thus presumably slightly into the war phase.

If im reading what we have seen correctly, it is 4 per month cause the battles/story stuff is in the end of the month? Like the last day. Thats what i think anyways.

9 minutes ago, Nio said:

If im reading what we have seen correctly, it is 4 per month cause the battles/story stuff is in the end of the month? Like the last day. Thats what i think anyways.

Spoiler

056-weekend2.jpg

Spoiler

famitsu-001-calendar.jpg

Spoilered for size, but assuming the green icons on mondays indicate weeks of instruction, it seems consistent at 3 weeks/month.

4 minutes ago, Marros said:
  Hide contents

056-weekend2.jpg

Hide contents

famitsu-001-calendar.jpg

Spoilered for size, but assuming the green icons on mondays indicate weeks of instruction, it seems consistent at 3 weeks/month.

Oh thanks. Well, the green icon is probably instruction. We dont know what happens on the final week, so maybe we can teach, but yeah, looks like you are right.

So there is this interesting pic

1563725612226.jpg

We know we can take the exam with 30% or more, in this case Bernadetta has a 42% and she doenst meet the required Riding lvl. Im kinda ok with it cause at least we can take the chance and maybe know how the fixed rng works and make that 42% a pass.

7 minutes ago, Nio said:

We know we can take the exam with 30% or more, in this case Bernadetta has a 42% and she doenst meet the required Riding lvl. Im kinda ok with it cause at least we can take the chance and maybe know how the fixed rng works and make that 42% a pass.

I would assume how close your riding level is to reaching B might increase the chances, but I don't know if that's been confirmed or deconfirmed yet.

Just now, SpiceMan said:

I would assume how close your riding level is to reaching B might increase the chances, but I don't know if that's been confirmed or deconfirmed yet.

Yeah that would be my logic too. I asked and in that pic, Bernadetta has a C riding lvl.

I really hope the RNG rolls each time you try, I plan on save scumming some higher requirements. Though that woman that failed a 70% multiple times makes me think that the outcome is determined before you take the test.

4 minutes ago, Nio said:

Yeah that would be my logic too. I asked and in that pic, Bernadetta has a C riding lvl.

Jesus that's rough, she has one of the reqs and she's off by one level in the other (2 if we count C+), 42% is low.

Edited by timon

3 minutes ago, timon said:

I really hope the RNG rolls each time you try, I plan on save scumming some higher requirements. Though that woman that failed a 70% multiple times makes me think that the outcome is determined before you take the test.

I think it was Derrick from GX? Anyways yes im pretty sure it is fixed before the test, but the way this things works, im sure there would be other ways to make it happen.

Edit: I mean, i guess they want us to have the required level and not something close, but i do wonder how much would a C+ affect the outcome. Something like 60% wont be bad at all.

Edited by Nio

7 minutes ago, timon said:

Idea for save-scumming if RNG is set. Take multiple tests at the same time. For example say you take the 42% and fail, you then reload and take a test with a 100% pass rate either with Bernadetta in a beginner class as those seals should be very available by now, or say making Hubert a Dark Bishop. Then after the shit RNG is used, you try the test again. 

Edited by SpiceMan

41 minutes ago, Nio said:

So there is this interesting pic

1563725612226.jpg

From this image its pretty clear that Pegasus Knights are essentially advanced classes you unlock in the intermediate tier. Same BST as Paladins. So no need to transfer to Wyvern Rider to keep up between levels 20-30.

5 minutes ago, IzzyFresh said:

From this image its pretty clear that Pegasus Knights are essentially advanced classes you unlock in the intermediate tier. Same BST as Paladins. So no need to transfer to Wyvern Rider to keep up between levels 20-30.

Exactly what i thought, which is good. Unlocks at lvl 10 and is good until lvl 30. The leaker has a Pegasus Bernadetta and her stats are like stupid, so it seems they do affect growth rates and given her a excellent speed class with her good strenght growths (from what we have seen) makes her a beast. Also, shes good with Lances.

I’m that seems to be the case cause trying to from peg knight to any advanced class is a rather big detour unless you go to wyvern rider then wyvern lord

2 hours ago, Nio said:

Exactly what i thought, which is good. Unlocks at lvl 10 and is good until lvl 30. The leaker has a Pegasus Bernadetta and her stats are like stupid, so it seems they do affect growth rates and given her a excellent speed class with her good strenght growths (from what we have seen) makes her a beast. Also, shes good with Lances.

I guess that is the trade-off for having overall less options to promote prior to Master Class; having access to a pseudo Advance-Class that makes any character good at flying even better.

19 minutes ago, timon said:

I'm trying to stay away from leaks, but I'm interested in the mastery skills, can someone post the known ones here under spoiler tag? (stick to known classes please)

Lemme think about the ones I remember:

Spoiler

Noble/Commoner - HP +5

Fighter - Str +2 & Shove(Combat Art)

Lord - Res +2 & Subdue(Combat Art)

Cavalier - Desperation 

Pegasus Knight - Darting Blow & Triangle Attack(Combat Art)

Thief - Steal

Can't remember any others someone feel free to remind me.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

We got confirmation from the leaker on 4chan the when a class is mastered, that skill can be equiped in any class, so for example Steal mastered from Thiefs can be equiped even when the unit is not a Thief.

Thats fucking huge.

Just now, Shadeflare123 said:

So I guess that raises the question of when it's optimal to promote your units. Is it better to promote right away or master a class and then promote?

You can promote right away cause we can go back to the class any time we want.

Personally i would promote whenever i can and if i want the skill that the previews class gives when mastered, then i would go back and get it.