Master Classes Picture/Video

Nio

3 minutes ago, Nio said:

We got confirmation from the leaker on 4chan the when a class is mastered, that skill can be equiped in any class, so for example Steal mastered from Thiefs can be equiped even when the unit is not a Thief.

Thats fucking huge.

That's to be expected, most of them (minus Steal) don't feel like they do 'enough' to make it a game breaking thing?

1 minute ago, Shadeflare123 said:

So I guess that raises the question of when it's optimal to promote your units. Is it better to promote right away or master a class and then promote?

Variable on how useful the skill is, I imagine the beginner skills are just not going to age well. If a class gives out a Faire, well... that does quite a lot doesn't it. Sticking in Thief until you have Steal feels very worthwhile if the unit is already going Swords or Bows.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rakath said:

That's to be expected, most of them (minus Steal) don't feel like they do 'enough' to make it a game breaking thing?

Nice to have confirmation, cause i saw a lot of post saying how it sucks not to have a master class with the thief/assasin skills, which is true if this wasnt the case.

Also, it may be worth not promoting to a class that has the same type of skill than the previews class, for example going from Thief to Swordmaster instead of Assasin cause the unit already has steal.

@Nio - Assassins don't have steal in the first place, but they still carry Locktouch (which I would assume is the mastery skill). Even if it isn't and you get Silent Step that's nothing to forget about.

Oh shit i got it mixed it was locktouch. Thanks for the clarification, but the point i make is kinda the same. Would be worth to promote to a different class line to get more/different skills.

@Nio - Assassins don't have steal in the first place, but they still carry Locktouch (which I would assume is the mastery skill). Even if it isn't and you get Silent Step that's nothing to forget about.

I really hope it's locktouch, because any chests or doors in later levels will be a pain without switching back to one of those classes (or recruiting Ashe).

I'm also curious what dancers might get, because their major thing is refreshing units. And while that seems overpowered, it currently seems that you can only ever have one person become a dancer.

Also, I could have sworn I saw somewhere that priest gets miracle for mastery, but I can't find the picture anymore

We don't know enough of the Mastery gains to really be sure what paths are worth it. Thief/Assassin are too viable for their raw utility/stat spread to not use?

On the other hand it's possible they just get outclassed by putting Astra as the Combat Art gotten off of mastering Swordmaster. Similarly Swordmaster might be out of the agenda if Aether is unlocked via Hero. There are too many variables to really know what the optimal lines are yet.

Getting Steal by being a Thief, given the options at Intermediate, feels really solid if you're in Sword or Bow though.