Master Classes Picture/Video

Nio

22 hours ago, Cysx said:

There's great knight. It requires armored skill, not mounted for some reason.

22 hours ago, Nio said:

There is. Its the Greath Knight, its mounted but you dont need to have Mounted skill for it, but Armour insted. It is shown in the video

Remember, the skills shown aren't what is required to take the exam, they are the skills the class boosts during combat. Since they are still mounted I would assume that the exam would have requirements of Lances, Riding and Heavy Armour, while the skills it boosts are Axes, Lances and Armour.

Edited by SpiceMan

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avatar has mostly been shown as various sword using infantry, but they have appeared as Commoner, Myrmidon, Mercenary, and Hero. And there's a screenshot showing they have the full male class set.

Uggghh, so many mounted classes in the Master tier.  I hate it.  RIP Halberdiers and Barons.

Anyway, in the Master tier we appear to have Falcon Knight, Wyvern Lord, Mortal Savant (Mage Fighter?), Great Knight, Bow Knight, Dark Knight, Holy Knight, War Master, and Gremory.

Dancers may have a tier all to themselves, or they may require a special exam pass like Dark Mages/Dark Bishops.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

10 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Remember, the skills shown aren't what is required to take the exam, they are the skills the class boosts during combat. Since they are still mounted I would assume that the exam would have requirements of Lances, Riding and Heavy Armour, while the skills it boosts are Swords, Lances and Armour. 

That's true. Plus, there's no final class for Paladins otherwise. I guess the 2 paths just fuse, just like Hero/Swordmaster/Assassin,  and Grappler/Warrior.

I've also been wondering for a while if just staying at a lower tier wouldn't be perfectly viable in certain cases.

Edited by Cysx

9 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Remember, the skills shown aren't what is required to take the exam, they are the skills the class boosts during combat. Since they are still mounted I would assume that the exam would have requirements of Lances, Riding and Heavy Armour, while the skills it boosts are Swords, Lances and Armour.

Maybe, it could be. Would kinda suck to level up 2 movement skills, but lets see.

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Uggghh, so many mounted classes in the Master tier.  I hate it.  RIP Halberdiers and Barons.

Well, this game is heavily inspired by Geneaology (I.e., THE Mounted Emblem), so we probably should have seen this coming.

Also, dismounting is a thing here which I’m sure will carry over to the top classes, so you can play without the horses if you really want to.

So there's an image from Twitter (out of one of the other preview videos. Which shows M-Byleth's class list.

I'm wondering if certain classes only show up if you've mastered the class before (outside of the confirmed Dark Mage/Dark Bishop) line, as I don't see  Gremory on Byleth. Or Mortal Servant on Dorothea. When the exemplar for Mortal Servant was Catherine.Image

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I've also been wondering for a while if just staying at a lower tier wouldn't be perfectly viable in certain cases.

Yeah that's a thing that crossed my mind, I mean in this "final" tier there are a lot of archetypes that don't get represented, Thiefs, Heroes, Arm.Knights, even Archers. Those are staples of Fire Emblem, and it seems weird that they don't get a natural closure (yes, I guess you could go Mortal Servant/Great Knight/Bow Knight, but those are very different roles).

1 minute ago, Rakath said:

So there's an image from Twitter (out of one of the other preview videos. Which shows M-Byleth's class list.

I'm wondering if certain classes only show up if you've mastered the class before (outside of the confirmed Dark Mage/Dark Bishop) line, as I don't see  Gremory on Byleth. Or Mortal Servant on Dorothea. When the exemplar for Mortal Servant was Catherine.Image

Mortal servant was third on Dorothea’s list

1 minute ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Also, dismounting is a thing here which I’m sure will carry over to the top classes, so you can play without the horses if you really want to.

Hm, I actually forgot about that.  That could be doable, especially since you don't seem to be locked out of wielding certain weapons if you dismount.

But it still just makes the few Master tier infantry classes worse and that's wrong.  Unless they have good enough Class Skills to make them worth it.

4 minutes ago, Rakath said:

I'm wondering if certain classes only show up if you've mastered the class before (outside of the confirmed Dark Mage/Dark Bishop) line, as I don't see  Gremory on Byleth. Or Mortal Servant on Dorothea. When the exemplar for Mortal Servant was Catherine.

I think this just means that Gremory is Female only, while War master is the Male only equivalent. That makes me a bit made, because if Gremory(why couldn't they just call it sage) is the most powerful spellcaster, then why would they limit it to females only? That seems unfair for male spell casters, while with classes like War master and Hero you can still use those weapons in similar classes, Gremory is the only class with maximum magic ability. I guess because the only canon Male spellcasters are Hubert, Linhardt and Hanneman( a lot less than the female ones) and they will most likely be going Dark knight and Holy knight accordingly, it might be okay in practise. But that still really annoys me that they don't have the option. 

I have a weird feeling that Hubert/Dedue/Hilda might be getting their own unique classes as the lords’ retainers. I started to wonder what I would promote Hilda to in the master tier, and realizing War Master was male only, only Wyvern Lord and Great Knight make sense with her seemingly “canon” axe specialty. Then I realized that there’s not a Master tier option for dark magic or a non-mounted armor unit either. I think Berserker/Sorcerer/General could be possibilities for unique promotions for the 3 of them.

Wow, I did not expect to wake up to this and I am soooooo hyped they looked so good! Also FINALLY some dual-wielding magic/sword/lance classes, it only took forever!! Am I gonna make everyone a Mortal Savant (Dread Fighter basically)?? Hell yes I am!

Anything with magic and swords and I'm like THERE. Also great to see Dark Knight is back, that one had me literally squeal. 

And also the magic users look SO cool, because they FLOAT. Like they just naturally float with the force of their powers and I'm in love. Just in case anyone couldn't tell, I'm a magic fanboy and I love magic.

So many mounts, tho! I wish they had like 2 more infantry ones and ONE more dragon one with magic (Dark Flier but with a wyvern please (yes I know they were Malig Knights, but I just like the name Dark Flier better)).

If they limit a flying mage to DLC I will be literally forced to buy it. =( 

Also, as all of this is pre-skip, any unique promotions might be hidden until after whatever plot point gets them.

Explaining the lack of specialized Lord classes for our House leaders, whatever Byleth gets, and any possible retainer special classes.

The 'here are the classes' videos you get in the games (which is what this seems to be) update as you play through more of the game to reveal more classes.

2 minutes ago, RevenantKnight said:

I started to wonder what I would promote Hilda to in the master tier, and realizing War Master was male only, only Wyvern Lord and Great Knight make sense with her seemingly “canon” axe specialty.

ce09f81.png?width=1083&height=609

Hilda's strengths are in Lances and Axes.  Wyvern Lord will almost certainly be her optimal Master class.  Better get cracking on that Flying rank!

6 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

ce09f81.png?width=1083&height=609

Hilda's strengths are in Lances and Axes.  Wyvern Lord will almost certainly be her optimal Master class.  Better get cracking on that Flying rank!

That’s true! I was basing the whole thing on not knowing Hilda’s strengths beyond axes lol. Now that I think about it, Hubert’s hidden talent in lances matches perfectly with Dark Knight for him.

14 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Males will most likely only get Gremory if they've unlocked Dark Mage first, and females will most likely need a Dark Seal.

What makes you think that?

Now it makes sense why dismounting is a thing. Obviously with all these mounted classes, it would be a pain on desert maps.

All the classes look so cool though hopefully it wont be too difficult trying to get units to them since a lot of the classes seem lance focused.