Master Classes Picture/Video

Nio

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Also the fact that Great Knights have proficiences in lances and axes rather than axes and swords clearly shows that they're intended more as a continuation of the Fortress Knight than the Paladin (though the latter might work as well depending on how high the armor requirement is).

But I do have an arrow pointing from Fortress Knight to Great Knight, not from Paladin?

1 hour ago, Druplesnubb said:

Nothing in these ramblings change the fact that if you're a Pegasus Knight and want to change into an advanced class, Wyvern Knight is the obvious choice unless you're really bad at axes, in which case you might consider Paladin instead.

None of my stuff goes against what you say here. Of course you can change from Peg Knight to Wyvern (and back to Falcon) if you always want to be in the highest tiered flying class. But I still don't consider Wyverns as promotion of Pegasus Knights. Just sidestepping to another class tree imo

The whole point of my pic is to show that despite not having the traditional linear promotions, the class trees do still exist in a form, but don't necessarily match up with the class tiers in the game. Whatever, we'll have to wait for the games to come out to actually see how the Advanced and Master classes differ in growths and caps …

Edited by Samurai Hinata

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would asume that Great Knight needs high Armor lvl and no Mounted lvl, but who knows.

Also, if the Pegasus are the promotion of the Lance based Soldier, then Wyvern should be the promotion for the Axe using Fighter. I would guess we dont go Soldier (Lances) then Wyvern (Axes)

7 hours ago, Samurai Hinata said:

I made a class tree (how I see it) yesterday, thought I'd share it here: t5N9RCR.jpg 

As useful as this is, I want to point out that class progression isn't really set in stone if you've met the requirements. Like how the only thing separating the intermediate axe-wielders from becoming a fortress knight is grinding their armor proficiency. And the only thing that's dividing the mages is their skill in Reason, Faith, and Riding

Edited by Armchair General

There are valid reasons to change out of one class to another (adjacent or superior) class even if it isn't in the 'natural progression.' As much as Peg Knight > Wyvern Rider isn't a direct line if you want to increase your Peg Knight's Strength/Skill growths it's a viable choice until you have access to Falco Knight.

What is the 'intended' path is, more or less, what it is in other games but those are hardly needed paths.

i'm not sure if this warrants its own thread and considering this thread seems to be discussing classes, i hope it's okay to drop this link here:

Brinkfire's Fire Emblem Three Houses class system guide

I haven't heard some of the information they mentioned in other videos and articles, figured it might be useful (or at least interesting)

• You can promote to one of the Beginner Classes starting at level 5 with Beginner Seals (dropped by enemies and bought in shops). You need to be level 10 to use Intermediate Seals. The author says that the level requirement is "5 for beginner classes, 10 for intermediate, and so on".
  • Bow Knight requires a C rank in Lances and an A rank in both Bows and Riding
  • Through leveling up the Class Mastery meter (they call it the Unit Exp meter, but since in a Kotaku video Lysithea got the +5HP ability from maxing out her class, I'm assuming that's what they meant) you learn that class's abilities. You can equip five abilities at a time
  • "Leveling up the basic Monk class unlocks a passive ability that grants +2 to the unit's Magic slot and an active ability, Draw Back, which lets you drag a friendly unit backward one space"
  • "The Mage class unlocks an ability called Fiendish Blow that increases magic damage by 6 every time your unit initiates an attack"

7 minutes ago, throwaway said:

i'm not sure if this warrants its own thread and considering this thread seems to be discussing classes, i hope it's okay to drop this link here:

Brinkfire's Fire Emblem Three Houses class system guide

I haven't heard some of the information they mentioned in other videos and articles, figured it might be useful (or at least interesting)

• You can promote to one of the Beginner Classes starting at level 5 with Beginner Seals (dropped by enemies and bought in shops). You need to be level 10 to use Intermediate Seals. The author says that the level requirement is "5 for beginner classes, 10 for intermediate, and so on".
  • Bow Knight requires a C rank in Lances and an A rank in both Bows and Riding
  • Through leveling up the Class Mastery meter (they call it the Unit Exp meter, but since in a Kotaku video Lysithea got the +5HP ability from maxing out her class, I'm assuming that's what they meant) you learn that class's abilities. You can equip five abilities at a time
  • "Leveling up the basic Monk class unlocks a passive ability that grants +2 to the unit's Magic slot and an active ability, Draw Back, which lets you drag a friendly unit backward one space"
  • "The Mage class unlocks an ability called Fiendish Blow that increases magic damage by 6 every time your unit initiates an attack"

So we get Professor Skills by levelling up our Professor Ranks in different weapons; by unlocking hidden talents; AND maxing out classes? God this system looks deep. 

So it looks like the master classes would indeed require a high lvl of Riding/Flying, so it would be better to select them as goals and train them from the beginning.

I'm also wondering if class mastery mitigates/augments pass rates for related classes. As having mastered Sniper increases your pass rate on Bow Knight might make that A in Riding less daunting. We know it is a requirement to go Dark Mage>Dark Bishop but it might help if it bumps your pass rate some percentage by some amount.

7 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

If it's true that Gremory is female-locked, I would think that the Game Developers never intended men wearing those fabulous feather boas.

Personally I think Thales could be a Gremory with that big feather collar he has.  Either that or some kind of unique enemy-only class.

Solon looks like a Dark Bishop and Kronya looks like an Assassin.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

If Gremory is female exclusive it won't really matter as we have 3 very decent magic using classes in Advanced that will probably be just as good with just different skills.

Upon closer examination, it is quite probable that Gremory is female-only and Thales has some kind of unique enemy-only class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremory

Gremory is the 56th demon of the Ars Goetia.  She is a Duke (Duchess?) of Hell who governs 26 legions of demons and appears as a beautiful woman riding a camel.

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Lol I love that we complained about male only classes so much and they gave us 3 female exclusive Master Tier Classes; thats a lot.

What's the third? I don't think it's confirmed if Dancer is gender locked, and it seems to be in the unique tier like Noble and Commoner.

11 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

What's the third? I don't think it's confirmed if Dancer is gender locked, and it seems to be in the unique tier like Noble and Commoner.

Forgot that Dancer appears to be in its own tier; cuz I counted that lol.

26 minutes ago, Nio said:

So, iamRussFrushtick from reddit (he has a copy of the game) confirmed that males can be dancers.

That's a first. I can see Byleth very easily being the best dancer since they innately have a sword and authority strength and you can develop their faith hidden talent too.

EDIT: Just read the thread and it turns out Byleth is not able to be a dancer rip

Edited by Azz

34 minutes ago, Nio said:

So, iamRussFrushtick from reddit (he has a copy of the game) confirmed that males can be dancers.

Not that I don't want to believe it, but it sounds odd that Dancer, of all classes, is not gender-locked, while the likes of brawler & pegasus are.

Are they trying to stray as far away as possible from Fate, to the point of doing litteraly everything the opposite way?

Edited by Modirufa6317

Just now, Azz said:

That's a first. I can see Byleth very easily being the best dancer since they innately have a sword and authority strength and you can develop their faith hidden talent too.

The same person who said dancers can be male also said that Byleth can't become one.

34 minutes ago, Nio said:

And now the REAL question is whether the male dancer’s costume is just as fan service-y as the female dancer’s one.