Amiibo Compatibility in Three Houses Confirmed to be Basically Pointless.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly for me, the problem with just giving you daily resources, I ask why even bother, I got that tiki amiibo regardless of what it did (which may as well have been nothing, tiki's tear is a waste of storage space in FEW at best), taping amiibo is way too much effort for the pittence of resources that it even gives in most cases and music only makes me ask the question, "why don't you give me all the FE music in TH" I mean the file compression on switch is already really good smash bros has over 800 audio tracks, so there is no excuse there, I doubt that the importing couldn't be done in an afternoon. the only thing that makes amiibo worthwhile is the exclusive stuff, the unique weapons and gear in BoTW was what made amiibo good not the 3 carrots and hylian herbs that I got from marth. Just go big or go home, I will not care if you don't do anything, I am perfectly fine with tiki, ike, and robin collecting dust, but please stop teasing us on better things, this is less than nothing because it generates hype and speculation, I mean I would have been fine with special weapons if characters were too much.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Honestly for me, the problem with just giving you daily resources, I ask why even bother, I got that tiki amiibo regardless of what it did (which may as well have been nothing, tiki's tear is a waste of storage space in FEW at best), taping amiibo is way too much effort for the pittence of resources that it even gives in most cases and music only makes me ask the question, "why don't you give me all the FE music in TH" I mean the file compression on switch is already really good smash bros has over 800 audio tracks, so there is no excuse there, I doubt that the importing couldn't be done in an afternoon. the only thing that makes amiibo worthwhile is the exclusive stuff, the unique weapons and gear in BoTW was what made amiibo good not the 3 carrots and hylian herbs that I got from marth. Just go big or go home, I will not care if you don't do anything, I am perfectly fine with tiki, ike, and robin collecting dust, but please stop teasing us on better things, this is less than nothing because it generates hype and speculation, I mean I would have been fine with special weapons if characters were too much.

From the video it appears that you only need to tap an amiibo once and then resources will keep appearing for weeks afterward.

9 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

From the video it appears that you only need to tap an amiibo once and then resources will keep appearing for weeks afterward.

that misses my point, I will most likely just ignore the gazebo in it's entirety because it is ultimately pointless, there is no real benefit to using amiibo in this case. I don't see myself dealing with teatime at all because even if it isn't face touching it is still pretty cringe and getting like 10 gold daily isn't exactly going to satiate me in any capacity, this isn't a phone game where those resources that I get for logging in every day can be useful eventually, this is a game where eventually, the story will end and I will have no further use for my 200+ tea leaves.

I’m pretty ok with this implementation. Something small and somewhat unique for the series amiibos is nice but you aren’t missing much if you don’t have the amiibos.

Going big or going with nothing sounds like a terrible idea. If it’s big you’ll have tons of people scrambling to buy an already somewhat tough to get product or products, just for convoluted dlc. If it’s nothing, that’s a big middle finger to the people who spent money on the amiibos.

I’m not saying Nintendo implementation of amiibos is good overall, but this is neat enough for the people who have them to use them.

2 minutes ago, AsherCrane said:

I haven't seen the full video, but based on the guy who summarized the 40 game explain questions video, don't fire emblem Amiibos give unique items as well as the music? 

It seems like they might give higher quality of the same types of items

Just now, firewitch912 said:

It seems like they might give higher quality of the same types of items

Ahhhh, ok thanks. I was hoping it was more of a "Other Amiibos give generic items, Fire Emblem ones give discount versions of their main weapon" or something. 

1 minute ago, AsherCrane said:

Ahhhh, ok thanks. I was hoping it was more of a "Other Amiibos give generic items, Fire Emblem ones give discount versions of their main weapon" or something. 

It might be that the item rarity is randomize though.

The fire emblem amiibos appear to only have music as their special item, which might be really good depending on what songs they choose.

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Music? I thought the rewards will something okayish like a free steel sword or a concoction.

The rewards in general appear to be monastery items, like fishing bait, seeds, cooking materials maybe.

Each fire emblem amiibo unlocks a unique song from their game, which can be used in the extra battles

4 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Some reviewers mentioned FE amiibo could drop intermediate seals

Do you remember anyone specific?

Although it'd probably be rare, you could in theory unlock all intermediate classes for all characters if so.

I think it is really neat that the FE amiibo unlock music. It's got me interested in finding out what songs are available.  Cosmetics are perfectly appropriate amiibo bonuses. I don't have any amiibo, and I don't want any for display, but I do appreciate the value they have for the game.

I get the impression that Switch marketing is generally a lot less focused on amiibo. Amiibo were a WiiU/New3DS thing and apart from Smash Bros. I haven't seen Nintendo putting much resources behind reminding people these figurines exist. Even the new Mario Maker doesn't have amiibo compatibility (the first one came with a huge Mario one and supported dozens). 

I think this is a good move.

it's not even a money thing, I could easily buy the Amiibos but I don't particularly like having things like this around. It's basically just a place more where dust can settle on...

I understand that a lot of people like miniatures like this (and I play warhammer so to some extent I do as well) but overall having critical content behind a physical object like these would be damn annoying.

58 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Tempest of Seasons, Dwellings of the Ancient Gods, Fodlan Winds, and Blue Skies and a Battle all appear to be new tracks, or at least I can't find them anywhere except Fodlan Winds, which is obviously a Three Houses track.

As for the rest, the likely sources are:

The Time to Act - Marth
Eternal Bond - Ike
Id (Purpose) - Robin
Conquest (Ablaze) - Lucina
Beneath a New Light (Roy’s Courage) - Roy
March to Deliverance - Alm
With Mila’s Divine Protection - Celica
Alight (Storm) - M!Corrin
A Dark Fall (Fire) - F!Corrin
Destiny (Ablaze) - Chrom
The World Tree - Tiki

The other four may be unlocked based on how many FE amiibos you've used rather than correlating to any specific one.