Amiibo Compatibility in Three Houses Confirmed to be Basically Pointless.

2 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:

Ooh... what if they release amiibo of the three lords / Sothis or Byleth?!

EDIT: Also, maybe Smash Chrom has a new song?

Amiibo of 3H characters would be kind of odd at this point since they have said nothing. Heck, if there were, you'd think they would have advertised them along with the gazebo weeks ago.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Roy, lucina, Ike, alm and celica but I’m fine with not having amiibo’s do that much never really used amiibo units after unlocking them as they didn’t get supports or personal skills. Music is something I am more than happy with as I LOVE music XD 

I do wish we had more Amiibo bonuses, but at the same time said bonuses often are implemented in an exclusive way rather than in an ideal way. Basically ideally whatever the Amiibo gives you is available elsewhere(particularly with Nintendo's Amiibo policies), but that Amiibo gets you to it easier/for free. So getting a DLC class associated with the Amiibo for free. Yeah getting a 2 dollar dlc for free isn't a good reason to get an Amiibo, but it is a nice bonus for people who are collecting them and if such bonuses were common and expected(each Amiibo saving a couple bucks in DLC costs for each game they are associated with) it may even push some people who wouldn't normally collect to do so. Potentially hooking them on Amiibo collecting in general. Which is a win for the company.

As it is Amiibo's are just kinda meh.

So I got the game early, and tried my amiibo on. I have Robin, Lucina and Tiki ammibos (plus others non-FE), here is what happened :

Spoiler

I only scaned the ammiibo once to unlock everything, I'm two weeks in the effect is still present I don't know if we have to rescan later. FE amiibos give rarer items. I got a lot of class seals.

For the musics unlocked :

Spoiler

With Tiki, Lucina and Daeren I got Id (Purpose), Conquest (Ablaze) and The World Tree (from FE Warriors)

1 hour ago, FuranSuwa said:

So I got the game early, and tried my amiibo on. I have Robin, Lucina and Tiki ammibos (plus others non-FE), here is what happened :

Hide contents

I only scaned the ammiibo once to unlock everything, I'm two weeks in the effect is still present I don't know if we have to rescan later. FE amiibos give rarer items. I got a lot of class seals.

For the musics unlocked :

Hide contents

With Tiki, Lucina and Daeren I got Id (Purpose), Conquest (Ablaze) and The World Tree (from FE Warriors)

That's great. Cant wait to scan all my FE amiibo. 

Are the seals generic class change seals or did you got something special for a seal?

Kinda sad these aren't getting much use nowadays but it doesn't bother me too majorly since I got them for collection anyways. Currently have all of the FE amiibos (minus M Corrin). As for songs I love Id ~Purpose and Conquest ~Ablaze so I'm glad for that. World Tree Warriors is fine, but when it comes to that game's OST I wasn't really particular towards it despite my love for guitars and rock, it just doesn't really suit FE all too well. I did like Warriors' original tracks though a lot from my memory, though that's more of the Warriors side taking center stage there and thus suiting to the game.

11 hours ago, iavasechui said:

I really hope Roy unlocks together we ride....

Together we Ride isn't one of the unlocked songs. Roy unlocks Beneath a New Light (Roy’s Courage).

1 hour ago, iavasechui said:

Oh well XD I’m sure I’ll love that one once I hear it... I don’t know all the names of fire emblem music. But I remember liking the gba songs 

It's this theme:

It's a map theme that plays later on in the game (I think at some point after you reunite with Lilina, but don't quote me on that) that's generally really bright and cheerful.

Definitely not the worst song to listen to during a small skirmish, imo.  I remember that I liked the song enough to use it in one of my LPs.

Oof, A Dark Fall is actually my favorite song from Fates and F!Corrin is the only FE Amiibo I'm missing T_T

I think unlocking cosmetic things/music is a good way for Amiibo to work, and I say this as someone who owns... 20ish??? It's enough motivation for me to keep buying them, since I love collecting clothes/music but if I end up short on cash like I am right now I don't feel like I'm missing out on an integral part of the game because, say, I can't afford to get the octolings/Splat2 inklings right now.

Like, now that there's a game that gives a different bonus than M!Corrin I'm definitely going to pick up F!Corrin to complete my collection, but I'm not going to break the bank right now to do so.

13 hours ago, Spirit Griffon said:

Like, now that there's a game that gives a different bonus than M!Corrin

Recently heard about this and in my mind I'm just screaming. Now I have to get a M!Kamu amiibo when I originally planned not to and he's sold out everywhere at retailers and is only on resellers now. Only about $10 more than retail though which isn't THAT bad....buuuut I can't wait to see how that's going to last with 3H out now. Prices likely gonna go up to match F!Kamu.

Yeah iam not sure about it being pointless, because i went and bought Tiki and F.Corrin Amibo.....just because of two damm songs i like.

The system works as indended.

And ones Chrom gets his Smash amibo I'll buy him too, because his FE amibo is a pain in the ass to find.

The Items you get aren’t that bad I have to say I just scanned 4 Amiibo‘s 3 FE and got besides some food, a vulnerary, a anti toxin and even a intermediate seal. Sure those things aren’t that difficult to get probably but it will be less troublesome like that.