Killing Lifis - Impossible Thracia 776

magenero29

Well, let's go through it:

You're down one of the level scrolls, which is a shame as it blocks crits too. As for his utility, it fucks with Chapter 3 (It's not impossible, but you need to make sure you have door keys and I'm not sure there's chest keys by then), but you get a thief in Chapter 4. You also likely can't use a certain thing he'd have to work with in Chapter 4, but that could be worse. This complicates things though because of stamina limiting her usage because any combat she's in will slow her down you tend to find use for thieving throughout the game and Lifis is much better at stealing stuff due to his higher build and being able to actually take a hit or two. You're down a recruitment option for another character, but thankfully, you don't need to worry because he's not the best option for that recruitment.

On the other hand you killed imo the worst person in Thracia.

TL:DR: It's painful alright but not impossible and you also prevent the worst person getting away with their shit.

For Ch3, a soldier outside has a Door Key, so you just need to capture the guy to take it. An armour knight on the inside also has a Door Key. I don't know if he actually uses it; but he might if you don't have Lifis and you failed to take the soldier's Door Key.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

As for his utility, it fucks with Chapter 3 (It's not impossible, but you need to make sure you have door keys and I'm not sure there's chest keys by then),

One of the shops sells Door Keys, I think; but you need one to access them, anyway. The bishop on the map has one of both keys; but if you don't get to him before long, he'll use them to get the items on the chests (since you also need to unlock a door for that).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Would no Lithis would deny you those three green bandits in Chapter 4?

Buy some cheap Door Keys and steal a couple of those high use Chest Keys, and I think one could get by without Lithis and just Lara. You'd have to work a little more for tomes too, since now you'd have to risk Capture for them instead of a no-RNG Steal.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Well, let's go through it:

You're down one of the level scrolls, which is a shame as it blocks crits too. As for his utility, it fucks with Chapter 3 (It's not impossible, but you need to make sure you have door keys and I'm not sure there's chest keys by then), but you get a thief in Chapter 4. You also likely can't use a certain thing he'd have to work with in Chapter 4, but that could be worse. This complicates things though because of stamina limiting her usage because any combat she's in will slow her down you tend to find use for thieving throughout the game and Lifis is much better at stealing stuff due to his higher build and being able to actually take a hit or two. You're down a recruitment option for another character, but thankfully, you don't need to worry because he's not the best option for that recruitment.

On the other hand you killed imo the worst person in Thracia.

TL:DR: It's painful alright but not impossible and you also prevent the worst person getting away with their shit.

It's actually taking quite a lot of time to kill him...

I'd say the game gives you enough keys to get through stuff in Chapter 3, but in general you really want to have door keys in later chapters when the squad have multiple starting positions. You also can't steal magic tomes from enemy mages which could be a great benefit for you. Essentially Lara could take over in Chapter 4, you have less doors to worry about, but also you can only bring less items with you for these troublesome chapters. Later you want to use Lara as a dancer rather than a thief, and she doesn't have a good build to steal from enemies. In the late game you don't use Lifis that much, Tina is much better with the Unlock staff at that point, even when it's sometimes unreliable. 

Edited by Garlyle

On 7/12/2019 at 5:31 PM, Dayni said:

As for his utility, it fucks with Chapter 3 (It's not impossible, but you need to make sure you have door keys and I'm not sure there's chest keys by then), but you get a thief in Chapter 4.

The Bishop in chapter 3 that rather infamously opens the Meteor chest to use it on you has a Chest Key to enable his shenanigans, so if you can capture him you'll be able to grab a chest key.

On 7/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, Dayni said:

In a land where there's child hunts, saying he's the worst is a bit steep.

While it's certainly a huge hindrance, it's not impossible, the game gives you enough chest keys and door keys on enemies, up until you can buy them and Lara can pick locks if you need to, (she cant steal for crap). 

It makes chapters more tedious than they need to be, but once you get Parne and Lara is able to dance Lifis' absence is no longer worth noting.