Lyn’s Relevance to the Plot

Smfthegeek

So I just wanted to see everyone’s opinion, I’ve been playing through blazing blade and I was wondering if Lyn was really relevant besides her tutorial chapters? It's a shame if that is the case because I absolutely adore Lyndis as a character and wished she had been more important in the long run.

Edited by smfthegeek

13 minutes ago, smfthegeek said:

So I just wanted to see everyone’s opinion, I’ve been playing through blazing blade and I was wondering if Lyn was really relevant besides her tutorial chapters? 

She doesn't drive the plot like Eliwood and Hector do. But she's in every major story scene so it's not like they forgot about her.

But if you were asking about if she's relevant in terms of gameplay. Definite no. She brings nothing to the table as a unit, you're more than free to bench her.

Lyn's forced for several key chapters, and you get... a beneficial chapter, if you train her. She's a fine unit if given a massive head start from her own section, which she'll probably have unless you poured everything into promoting Kent / Sain or something.

She's not really relevant to the plot, but she never stops having lines. It's no longer her story, but she's still free to act as a foil to Hector, for the most part.

There is one point where she tracks the enemies to their secret base, but that's her largest contribution to the main story. The conversation between Lyn and Hector on the boat in Hector modes is still one of my favorite moments in that game, and while it doesn't push the story per se, it gives you insight into both of their characters.