Advice on a concept I'm working on

Harvey

So I'm working on the story where the objective of the game is to either do good deeds to return home or get married by finding a person of their interest.

Thing is, I don't know whether I should do a fixed pair or make it so that any pair is possible. Fixed pair makes more sense chemistry wise to me atleast.

So I want to know what advice you can give me on this? Would you guys like any pair possible for the marriage or a fixed pair that is best suited?

Is this a game to be played or a written story?

If game: either or, depending on your level of technical skill/ability to program in multiple pairs.

If story: fixed pair.

21 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Is this a game to be played or a written story?

On 7/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, Harvey said:

the objective of the game

My personal advice is the ever useful, always appreciated, critically insightful, "it depends."

Namely, I'd ask what the reason behind this unique clear condition is. Is it about how normal, selfless lives are fulfilling? That might help inform your decision.

Now, I personally don't buy into the whole "one true love" idea, so part of me says that having multiple love interests is fine- but that also depends on how fixed the personality of the player character is, or whether the two clear conditions (do good deeds or get married) are both ways to beat the game. If the player character has a fairly defined personality, then it might be best to focus on a singular love interest designed to compliment and challenge that personality. If you can also beat the game by doing good deeds and not getting married, then the player has multiple options without multiple marriage options.