Character Profiles from IGN (Likes and Dislikes, Crests, and More)

IGN has posted profiles for Byleth and the students online. These profiles include their birthdays, likes and dislikes, crests (and what they do), weapon proficiencies, starting stats and weapons, and other background information. A lot of these seem pretty interesting, and I thought that it would be better to make a new thread for them rather than continuing the discussion in the Strengths and Weakness thread.

I sympathize so much with Annette's dislikes. Don't like dark places and coffee myself. 😄

So, as mentioned earlier, was there a video or screenshot or whichever that showed off Lysithea using her Crest? Her having 2 is news to me.

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I sympathize so much with Annette's dislikes. Don't like dark places and coffee myself. 😄

So, as mentioned earlier, was there a video or screenshot or whichever that showed off Lysithea using her Crest? Her having 2 is news to me.

It was most likely the effect of either Lysithea or Lorenz' crest; but it looks really confusing whatever the explanation is.

There's some really interesting information in some of these. Ingrid doesn't like the people of Duscur, so does she get along with Dedue? 

Felix apparently has lost respect for Dimitri for some reason recently. Man, the blue lions have some tensions between people already.

Spoiler

And the people of Duscur were apparently responsible for regicide, so that goes with some of the thani leaks for Dedue. 

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

It was most likely the effect of either Lysithea or Lorenz' crest; but it looks really confusing whatever the explanation is.

Guess it depends on how much we take IGN's word for it, since they just lumped the two crests together for her. There's also the fact that Lorenz doesn't possess a major crest.

No growths.

I suppose no one at IGN is smart enough to know the first thing about hacking, so I guess that's understandable.

We do have base stats and details on the proficiencies and skills for Byleth and all the students, though.  Not for Sothis or any of the faculty though, but I guess that's just because either they haven't gotten that far or are prohibited from providing details on such matters.

Still, it's useful for all the people compiling data for the game, such as a certain site administrator by the name of @VincentASM

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Guess it depends on how much we take IGN's word for it, since they just lumped the two crests together for her. There's also the fact that Lorenz doesn't possess a major crest.

it was definitely lysithea's gloucester crest, activated at this timestamp of one of Kotaku's videos. most likely major, since when minor crests activate the little popup mentions that it's the minor crest of so-and-so

21 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hmmm no ages? Don't they canonically have ages in game? I guess we'll find out soon anyway though.

The character do have confirmed ages. In a recent Kotaku preview we saw Byleth going through some student information which showed their ages. 

Marianne is one of the characters I'm most interested in, I wonder what her likes and dislikes are.

Dislikes: Herself

Oh...

She doesn't seem to like crests either, I wonder why that is.

1 minute ago, Tamanoir said:

Byleth and Edelgard are shown with the exact same base stats, which I find quite strange. Edelgard's base stats are probably wrong

It's Byleth's base stats that are wrong. We saw in one of the gameplay videos that Byleth starts with 27 HP, 13 Str, 6 Mag, 9 Dex, 8 Spd, 8 Luk, 6 Def, 6 Res, and 7 Cha.

I just wish these included all their preferred stats for recruitment.

Also I look forward to all this info being on the Forest, because IGN's web design is atrocious.

43 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

It's Byleth's base stats that are wrong. We saw in one of the gameplay videos that Byleth starts with 27 HP, 13 Str, 6 Mag, 9 Dex, 8 Spd, 8 Luk, 6 Def, 6 Res, and 7 Cha.

Is that really the starting stats ? That's insane !

Edelgard's Dex is marked at 6 on the site and has 5 on the Reddit pic above at level 3, so I still wonder how accurate her stats are.

Huh, I'm surprised how much I relate to Bernadetta with her interests

1 hour ago, Kaminari said:

There's some really interesting information in some of these. Ingrid doesn't like the people of Duscur, so does she get along with Dedue? 

Felix apparently has lost respect for Dimitri for some reason recently. Man, the blue lions have some tensions between people already.

Reveal hidden contents

And the people of Duscur were apparently responsible for regicide, so that goes with some of the thani leaks for Dedue. 

Now this has got me curious. Initially I thought Felix was that friend that bullies you but doesn't actually mean any ill will, but it looks like he's actually got issues with Dimitri.
Blue Lions gave me this impression that they were a really close knit group, but I guess not so much now?  

Very interesting indeed

10 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Just pointing out Lysithea isn't the first character implied to have two crests.

Nemesis in Japanese CM2 commercial clearly has two crests at the same time on his new sword.

Speaking of Nemesis in Trailer 2; assuming that is his reanimated corpse; you can actually see that Seiros stabbed his eyes(at least his right one); jeez girl.

20190713_233823.jpg

1 hour ago, BastienSoul said:

I dunno about you, but I'm not putting stock in that just yet. That sounds too good to be true, if you ask me...

18 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

20190713_233823.jpg

I didn't realize that until now. I did notice her last stab was aimed higher than previous two, though she stab him in the face, but digging his eyes out? That's really a new level of brutal for Nintendo

2 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I didn't realize that until now. I did notice her last stab was aimed higher than previous two, though she stab him in the face, but digging his eyes out? That's really a new level of brutal for Nintendo

I'm so excited to see why she hated him so much now; what happened at the Red Canyon?

8 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm so excited to see why she hated him so much now; what happened at the Red Canyon?

Just repost from my comment on Reddit:

My current theory is that Sothis was the goddess*, Seiros was her daughter. They shared the looks and etymology after all (both were named after star Sirius/ Alpha CMa)

Nemesis (aka Liberation King) was like Rudolf in SoV, wants to rid of dragon rulers. Nemesis killed Sothis at Red Canyon, may have Seiros involved*. He then turns remains of Sothis into powerful weapons. This would explain why Seiros would speak to the sword like her mother, and was later buried with it.

* Various evidences we have currently suggested Sothis is the goddess. Her power is called Divine Pulse; her crest is the Crest of Flame; and she called herself "the creator" in her introduction when meeting Byleth.

* There could be deeper relationship between Seiros and Nemesis beyond the surface. Nemesis is also known as Adrasteia, which was the empire Seiros created and ruled. I am guessing Nemesis was either Seiros' father or husband, may even served in the early empire, and he might have used Seiros in his plan to kill Sothis, which further explains her hatred toward him.

--------

TLDR: So I believe Nemesis somehow used Seiros in his plan to kill the goddess, his smile before they fought really gives me this vibe. And thus she's eager for vengeance.

Edited by Timlugia

I gotta say, there's something funny about Bernadetta's stats. A lot of people seemed pretty sure she had a Heavy Armor proficiency due to some of the earlier videos and such. Instead, she actually has a deficiency in that. Ain't that funny.

And having a hidden talent in Riding. Combine that with bows and lance proficiency, she really is geared towards Bow Knight.