Dancer for Blue Lions?

Hello, everyone. 

I'm planning to play the Blue Lions route when Three Houses releases, but there's a problem: I'm not really sure who to make the dancer in the Blue Lions.  There's a small group of females in the group (I'm guessing dancer is female-locked as I saw evidence of both Hilda and Dorothea as dancers, both female) but the thing is that the three females in the group already have other planned jobs within my team.  (I want Ingrid to be a flier, Mercedes to be a priest, Annette to be a normal mage).  I understand that you can freely change classes, but if I want a dancer for one map (mandatory in my eyes) I will skip out on the other niches that the girls happen to fill.  I'm probably recruiting Ferdinand to the Blue Lions to complete my plan of usurping Edelgard... also because I like his character a lot.  Do you all have any suggestions?

Are there any female characters in the other houses or among the professors/knights that you like? You could potentially change any of them into a dancer. The monastery people should be super easy to get, unlike students from other houses as well

3 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

Are there any female characters in the other houses or among the professors/knights that you like? You could potentially change any of them into a dancer. The monastery people should be super easy to get, unlike students from other houses as well

Do you have any monastery people that you recommend to make a dancer?  I haven't really given them any thought to be honest...

I have been thinking about this too. I'd say Annette is likely your best option. Mercedes has a specialty in both Reason and Faith, so she can end up as your Gremory, and Flayne is a neutral that has a specialty in Lance and Faith that can be your Holy Knight (unless she is weak in Riding).

Annette's specialties are weird in that none of them really synergize in a Master class (Axes, Reason and Authority). Dancer can use magic and gets an Authority boost, so I'd choose Annette. With easy class switching, you can always swap back to more offensive class as needed. Her personal skill also lends to her being a support (Rallying an ally also gives them +4 STR).

Edited by IzzyFresh

7 minutes ago, KelluPato said:

Do you have any monastery people that you recommend to make a dancer?  I haven't really given them any thought to be honest...

We don't have much if any info on their skills levels, so it's hard to say.

We know dancer is proficient in swords and authority, and can wield magic.

So potentially someone like Manuela or Flayn if you want a more magic based dancer. Catherine could also do well if you want a physical based one.

Dorothea seems like a good choice, she seems to be a good all rounder choice for the role. Marianne and Lysithea could both be good as magic focused dancers as well

Edited by firewitch912

F!Byleth, obviously. (In all seriousness, Sword specialization + authority + magic use + dancing could actually be quite nice for her — especially if one doesn't want to overly rely on Byleth's OP offense.) 

4 minutes ago, Three Eyes said:

If it's not female locked, Sylvain for the hell of it.  If it is, I'll steal Hilda and use her.

It's looking like Hilda is the only one of the Golden Deer(other than Claude) that can't be stolen, as she's the only one that hasn't been explicitly shown to be recruitable, and each house seems to have one unit other than the lord that can't be poached. 

2 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

F!Byleth, obviously. (In all seriousness, Sword specialization + authority + magic use + dancing could actually be quite nice for her — especially if one doesn't want to overly rely on Byleth's OP offense.) 

Oh that's a really good point! I think I'll try this out! (Also since it's infantry you could potentially use her gauntlets specialty)

On the slim chance it's not gender locked, I might have M!Byleth go that route

8 hours ago, Yexin said:

imagine picking blue lions but not promoting mercedes, with her gorgeous body, into a dancer

but live to serve tho...

Impeccable taste btw

30 minutes ago, KelluPato said:

but live to serve tho...

well, the dancer class can wield magic

if this includes the ability to heal, dancer mercedes wouldn't actually be a bad idea

14 hours ago, Ygg said:

It's looking like Hilda is the only one of the Golden Deer(other than Claude) that can't be stolen, as she's the only one that hasn't been explicitly shown to be recruitable, and each house seems to have one unit other than the lord that can't be poached. 

Thanibombs leak heavily implied that Hilda has a crush on Claude. She's probably that route's Dedue and Hubert, loyal to the lord and not recruitable. But that's just my guess.

20 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

I feel Annette is probably the best candidate for dancer in Blue Lion.

She actually has dancing and singing listed as two of her likes. Hilda has this as well though she's actually one of the worse choices since she sucks at authority and faith.

Of the three Blue lions girls Ingrid is the one actually talented at swordplay so I think there's some merit to that myself, if we're assuming you want a dancer who can punish on enemy phase effectively when the going gets tough. Otherwise... yeah I don't know. I'm personally not super invested in the idea of having a dancer for my first playthrough, but time will tell.

11 hours ago, Yexin said:

well, the dancer class can wield magic

if this includes the ability to heal, dancer mercedes wouldn't actually be a bad idea

But then you're going to have to choose to either dance or heal on one turn... Mercedes is a really good healer but dancing is also really good

8 hours ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Thanibombs leak heavily implied that Hilda has a crush on Claude. She's probably that route's Dedue and Hubert, loyal to the lord and not recruitable. But that's just my guess.

I heard some people speculate that Hilda can’t be recruited but honestly I don’t really see it. Unlike Hubert and Dedue who’s loyalty to their lords is part of their character and explicitly stated in their bios no less, Hilda has no such relation to Claude. If anything, it appears they’re rather contentious of each other judging by Claude’s snide remarks about her. It doesn’t make any sense for her to stick with someone she’s not particularly close to. Plus, even if Thani got about 80% of her leaks right, doesn’t mean everything she said leads to anything.

Most likely, anyone from the Golden Deer is fair game.

By the base stats if I have to choose a dancer for the Blue Lions just on base stats alone I would choose Ingrid. She doesn't seem too impressive compared the other members of the BL. Her personal abilities should make up for the lowish damage and the possible class modifier.