Do You Like Sour/Tart?

The Souring Survey  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do like the Taste/Sensation of Sourness?

• I live for it! Puckerphilia!
    • I like it.
    • I neutral on it.
    • I don't like it.
    • I'm real sour on sour.

I used to think I love citrus and sour flavor associated with them, and I still love limeade.

But, I then discovered actual key lime pie, it was quite the punch, more than I thought I could handle. And then I bought these key lime tea cookies covered in powered sugar. One serving is 5 cookies, each no bigger than a normal coin; I can't eat more than a cookie an hour. The vibrant tartness lingers on the tongue for about five minutes after consumption, it's that strong.

So, what's everybody's thoughts on the underrated flavor with a kick? How much sourness can you handle?

I love the taste, but the physical sensation can be unpleasant on my tongue and once it hits my stomach.

I love sour candy.

When I travelled to Australia, I stopped in a candy store in a small town on the way to the blue mountains (I think?) and bought a bunch of candy and damn it some of them were the sourest stuff I ever tasted. It legit hurt my mouth, but it tasted so fucking good. I had to drink water in between and my tongue stayed burned for like 2 days, but it was so fucking good

I love sour stuff. I think I might not have as strong of a reaction to it as a lot of people, because sour almost never gives me that unpleasant/burning feeling. Like, I have to basically be eating citric acid for it to feel that angry. Sometimes I eat lemons to flex on people.

On 7/14/2019 at 5:22 PM, Freohr Datia said:

I like sour!

But I'm also really sensitive, and it doesn't take a lot of sour for it to become really painful for me, so I can only enjoy it in moderation

how many of deez can you handle?

CndAGnl.jpg

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

how many of deez can you handle?

CndAGnl.jpg

They trick to those is to run them under the water, and it rinses the sour powder off.

I remember there was a huge Sour Warhead fad in the mid 90s for some reason.

Sour's been topping my "favorite flavor" charts for 15 years and it shows no signs of stopping now. 
Also oh man, sour warheads. I miss those. Never liked the green apple flavor though.

19 minutes ago, Specta said:

i will eat sour things until it burns my mouth to an unrecognizable hellscape

more intense the better

don't eat those Warheads then, they're like eating battery acid

also some of the candies reached a 1.6 on the PH scale

Just now, Captain Karnage said:

don't eat those Warheads then, they're like eating battery acid

also some of the candies reached a 1.6 on the PH scale

i found warheads disappointing but i don't know if it's because they're actually not as sour as they say they are or if people just overexaggerated how sour they were and i was let down with too high expectations

Just now, Specta said:

i found warheads disappointing but i don't know if it's because they're actually not as sour as they say they are or if people just overexaggerated how sour they were and i was let down with too high expectations

I think you may just be a god if you can handle that candy

idk warheads aren't that sour tasting. i mean sure they're slightly corrosive to the roof of your mouth in high concentrations, and stuff like that, but they've got a relatively low ratio of sour throughout the whole thing. all good sour foods will leave your mouth burned. helps build character