Trouble with Rebecca

Smfthegeek

I love using Rebecca but she is just sucking so bad, even with a steel bow I feel like she's more of a unit I feed kills than rely on. Half the time her minimal damage isn't even enough to silence a wounded enemy! She's my preferred archer over Will, but she just... sucks really bad for me right now? Any advice please 😞

Maybe it would be relatively save to train her up in an arena.

Haven't used it in ages, but I'd imagine a focus on speed and luck is the most reliable way to survive for long.
Though unfortunately Rebecca doesn't actually start with high speed and luck.

Rebecca is not a very good unit in most cases, but the only time that being a good unit matters is in LTC playthroughs.

What level is Rebecca? It might be worth promoting her if that's an option.

If she's a unit you enjoy using, you can throw statboosters at her or whatever. Obviously not things like Dracoshields that belong on frontliners, but if a promotion bonus still doesn't help her gain ground you're free to invest those items into whomever you please.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Rebecca is not a very good unit in most cases, but the only time that being a good unit matters is in LTC playthroughs.

If she's a unit you enjoy using, you can throw statboosters at her or whatever. Obviously not things like Dracoshields that belong on frontliners, but if a promotion bonus still doesn't help her gain ground you're free to invest those items into whomever you please.

Well, Dorcas comes with an Energy Ring. Beyond that there isn't that much useful stuff for her to boost her offense. There are no Speedwings either until Zoldam. Aka, the boss with Luna. And even that one is Normal Mode only.

25 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

so update, just realized that Uhai is drops an Orion's bolt upon his defeat in his chapter, (which is the chapter I am currently in.) Rebecca is at a promotable level and I plan to use it on her as soon as I receive it. 🙂 hopefully this will remedy my issues w her

1 hour ago, smfthegeek said:

she's more of a unit I feed kills than rely on.

That's Rebecca in a nutshell for quite a while. She's not good, only decent when really leveled up. But we need more information to help you make decisions. What mode are you in? Chapter? Her level? Stats? Who else are you using? What stat boosters do you still have?

Personally, I'd rather just recommend Louise. She can do the same stuff a trained Rebecca can do, but doesn't need going out of your way to train her.

Archers in general are probably one of the weakest classes in GBA games.  If you really want to use her, you can feed her stat boosters and rig RNG for level ups, but that can be done with anybody.  Don't feel like you need to use an archer at all.  As stated, you can use Louise, since she's a pre-promote.  There aren't that many good options for bow users in FE7.  Rebecca and Wil are both meh, Rath comes late and underleveled, Lyn, Dorcas, and Bartre get bows upon promotion, but not at a high enough rank to use them well.