Which Students Are You Pairing Together

Has someone revealed that there are S supports beyond just Byleth?

If that's the case, whichever same sex options for the other students I'll have available. Of those, I'm personally hoping to see Edelgard with Dorothea and Alois with Gilbert. Then I'll figure things out from there. Probably put Hilda and Lorenz together. Dimitri and Ingrid seems like a nice pair too.

The only ones I'm set on so far are Ingrid and Sylvain, Ingrid and Dimitri or Ingrid and Felix, due to them being close friends who bicker with eachother. The one i choose depends on who has the best supports.

Edited by Geenoble

I’d like to see the dynamic between Hubert and Edelgard if I don’t go after them myself (I’m hesitant it will be like Corrin/Joker). I’ll also second Ingrid and Dimitri. And if there are same-sex options between student I think I’ll have to try that out too.

I'm the type of person that would plan my Genealogy, Awakening and Fates pairings for multiple playthroughs, but i think for 3Houses I'm just gonna let whatever happens happen like I did for the GBA and Gamecube/Wii era. There's no eugenics in this one after all, so no need to overthink it. It just makes sense that the people that work the best together end up forming a stronger relationship, be it friendship or romantic!
I would be lying if I said I didn't think a little bit about and I have some preferences, but at least for the first playthrough I want it to be completely organic. I'll do pairs that pique my interest in subsequent playthroughs.

My rough Golden Deer playthrough pairings

Byleth x Sothis - Head buddies

Claude x Lysithea - Tactic buddies

Ignatz x Marianne - Goddess buddies

Lorenz x Hilda - Noble buddies

Rapheal x Leonie - Workout buddies

As you can tell a lot of thought went into these. I fully expect to have all these change once the game comes out and we can read the supports. Or if even S supports exist post time skip. 

Nothing has been determined yet since I usually wait after reading the supports before making the decisions. 

But so far some options could be

Hanneman x Manuela: It seems like an adult version of Mae and Boey

Ashe x Anette: They were seen together in the trailer and seem the youngest male and female in their house by some margin. 

Claude x Hilda: Serra marrying a nation's leader and becoming a tyrannical queen seems fun. With Hilda her successor might get to do so

Linhard x Casper: If possible it be a nice childhood friend romance. 

Bernie x Sylvain: Bernadetta seems like she needs someone to protect and look after her. Sylvain's big bro nature could make him that guy. 

None, apparently, lol.

I mean reviewers looked at the support list, and Byleth's S ranks appear even though they're post timeskip, so I think it's wishful thinking to be hoping there's other S supports. I mean some couples even stop at B.

Paired endings? That could be a possibility, but I'm not sure I'd like it, in a situation of no S ranks they would be predetermined, which takes away the whole "romance" experience.
And I hope for no platonic/friendship endings, I always found them stupid, if two people are best friends good, but a paired ending is a bit much.

4 hours ago, timon said:

None, apparently, lol.

I mean reviewers looked at the support list, and Byleth's S ranks appear even though they're post timeskip, so I think it's wishful thinking to be hoping there's other S supports. I mean some couples even stop at B.

Paired endings? That could be a possibility, but I'm not sure I'd like it, in a situation of no S ranks they would be predetermined, which takes away the whole "romance" experience.
And I hope for no platonic/friendship endings, I always found them stupid, if two people are best friends good, but a paired ending is a bit much.

Don't get me started on how much I hate the platonic endings in Sacred Stones. FordexEirika, CormagxTana, L'arachelxRennac, supports that have way more chemistry than their romantic ones, yet don't have romantic endings, it's pretty derp.

Aside from potentially AshexAnnette and RaphaelxLeonie, nothing's set in stone and I'd like to read the supports first.

Edited by Duke of Dozel

understood thank you very much onestep.

so i guess it is confirmed that only MC can romance other characters. But I do wonder, even if the other characters cannot romance/S rank each other, I wonder will there be any hints tho of romance or liking. This "hint" can actually DESTABILIZE the actual relationship of romance between MC and said character though, do you guys understand what I am saying?

Say MC and Edelgard romance.

Edelgard and another male character via that support convo, the both of them express liking or one sided love Edelgard like him, then... this is still destablizing and making her seem not totally committed to MC?

2 minutes ago, HeartTranquil said:

understood thank you very much onestep.

so i guess it is confirmed that only MC can romance other characters. But I do wonder, even if the other characters cannot romance/S rank each other, I wonder will there be any hints tho of romance or liking. This "hint" can actually DESTABILIZE the actual relationship of romance between MC and said character though, do you guys understand what I am saying?

Say MC and Edelgard romance.

Edelgard and another male character via that support convo, the both of them express liking or one sided love Edelgard like him, then... this is still destablizing and making her seem not totally committed to MC?

The possibility is there, but I mean that didn't stop them before. Cordelia is a prime example, and a bunch of people romanced her anyway, and not only with MC. I remember I loved her supports with Lon'Qu, even if she was meant to like Chrom, it never bothered me, in my head she just gets over it I guess.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but certain pairings that I do like:

- Caspar x Linhardt (Rest in peace, Sweet ship.)

- Edelgard x Ferdinand

- Ferdinand x Bernadetta

- Dimitri x Ingrid

- Ashe x Annette

- Dedue x Mercedes

- Dedue x Annette

- Claude x Hilda

- Ignatz x Lysithea

- Raphael x Leonie

- Lorenz x Hilda

thank guys, just wait i see if it is 100% CONFIRMED only MC can romance, and the other characters cannot. hope someone can shed light on this

thank guys, just wait i see if it is 100% CONFIRMED only MC can romance, and the other characters cannot. hope someone can shed light on this

Not entirely sure, but I'm very interested in the "cross-house" supports. I think Ashe X Bernadetta and Petra X Dedue could be cool ships assuming they have supports with each other.

With there being no marriage aside from Byleth confirmed now, I assume it is due to either the game wants to distance itself from the 3ds era,  to prevent any contradictory information for the endings,  or that majority of the time s-supports are awkward and feel rushed. Odd that only Byleth can marry. 

Hearing rumors of no S supports aside from Byleth seems so weird. Character's like Lorentz and Sylvain have flirtatious characters that not having romance possible feels like a wasted opportunity, and makes Byleth's special case of romance stand out in a bad way. I'm not asking for a dating sim here, I just like romance in my stories. It's not the end of the world or anything, and for all I know it hasn't been verified (I'd appreciate it if someone did tho)

22 minutes ago, Duke of Dozel said:

Hearing rumors of no S supports aside from Byleth seems so weird. Character's like Lorentz and Sylvain have flirtatious characters that not having romance possible feels like a wasted opportunity, and makes Byleth's special case of romance stand out in a bad way. I'm not asking for a dating sim here, I just like romance in my stories. It's not the end of the world or anything, and for all I know it hasn't been verified (I'd appreciate it if someone did tho)

We'll likely know whether other S supports exist when the embargo on post timeskip/the rest of the game is lifted, which I think is this friday