Bound Hero Battle: Morgan & Morgan

mcsilas

Two timelines intertwine and we get a M&M battle!

Lunatic Map

Spoiler

c8dcca50845182131151216e05d27c481b92e7b3

Infernal Map

Spoiler

26afffa4e9b6eb527c4fe21003d7b6f4bfcf1abe

Enemy stats:

Spoiler

nef68o.jpg

---

@mampfoid @Zeo @daisy jane @Landmaster @Rafiel's Aria @Nanima @Ginko @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents-

So just a quick early video since I was waiting to do this theme for a while- have a Justice Cabal themed clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Owain, neutral Cynthia, +HP/-Def Male Morgan, neutral Gerome)

Music is Spread the Wings (Rock Howard theme) from Garou: Mark of the Wolves

For those who haven't played Awakening, the Justice Cabal is the childhood hero group that Owain and Cynthia formed when they were kids (Gerome was a part of it when he was young as well). Also, Male Morgan becomes a new member of the group with Owain and Male Morgan's support.

-Since there were no enemy horses, I changed Gerome's axe to the Emerald axe to help survive against female Morgan's special. (Even then he needed M!Morgan's Def Tactic, Warding Stance, Fortress Def, Cynthia's Goad Fliers AND a +2 Res from Cynthia's C support to survive both F Morgan and the axe flier).

-Similarly, Cynthia would just swoop in squishy units so she didn't need Firesweep Lance's sweep effect, so I gave her Killer Lance for this. Sadly I had no SP for a Spd refine Slaying Lance so I had to make do with a cheaper LaD + Spd+3 seal to double Male Morgan.

-Owain and Male Morgan show the power of bonds to deal with the left side. Morgan's Spur Def/Res + Def Tactic helped Owain survive hits. He also bravely takes on the weapon triangle disadvantage to take a hit from his female version, activating his teleporting powers in the second half to get away from trouble quicker.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And some infernal matches are still too hard. Should've been a bit easier. Not even a Reinhardt with Death Blow 4 and +Atk and a few merges can kill anything. In fact, he dies to nearly everything. Not a well designed battle at all. I prefer the easier ones.

EDIT: Finally beat it with a team of RD Ike, Silas, Kaze, and female Robin. Still think it was too hard though.

Edited by Anacybele

This map was pretty alright. It has flyer warping, instant charge specials and Mmorgan is a pretty though opponent, but its made much more manageable by enemies lacking a bit in power. A good playground for some experimentation.

@Flying Shogi Lugh and Raigh are back and this time with a family theme. The twins mostly got through this by themselves with only a little help from Lucius. Raven never got to reach the enemies which is a bit of a shame. I trained him to complete the team and he did't get to do anything. Maybe next time.
@mampfoid @Robert of Normandy @Nanima @Landmaster

Ive also been working on a Caeda. So she, Marth and Merric got to practice their parenting skills on some unruly teenagers. Big bro Gordin came along to give them some pointers. Also not a too difficult run. Male Morgan and the flying archer took a little planning, but everything else went smoothly.

@mcsilas Cool Awakening theme clear!  Gerome takes more damage from the axe flier than I figured he would, but he performs his survival role admirably.  I'm sure Cynthia will get that Slaying Lance someday, but for now it seems the budget weapons do just fine.

Lots of ranged enemies and easily picked-off physical threats means Julius gets to go with his AR build meant for shutting these kind of maps down.  Julia helps out as usual, but I think with some tinkering Julius can true solo this.

This one was tough for my horses due to the water tiles, but I managed to do it okay with my second team of Celica, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Azura.

This map went smoother than I expected to go. Once again, I bring 3 clears.

@mampfoid

Cavalry: Cecilia tanked female Morgan and the green mage while Roy and the others were on clean up duty.

Spoiler

@Sasori That was a close shave with Lucius there! Raven looked like he would have swopped into a battle at any given time since he had WoM but there's always next time. Nice to see the twins having each other's back. 

I also did a family clear this time.

Nino & twins: Bonds give Raigh strength! Even if he doesn't like it. And funny enough, the boys got to a B support after my initial clear of this map 😆

Spoiler

Felicia & friends: I wanted to use WoF!Hinoka more and her Flier Formation came in handy. Felicia needed the Res Tactic boost to survive female Morgan and the green mage.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

I really like this map.

Sadly +10 Felicia with Corrin support with buffs and Legendary Azura crushed all levels, even Infernal.

@mcsilas That was a very nice theme! It surprised me to see Gerome as nothing but a tank (and taking quite the hit from the flier despite his high base Def) but he performed the role of a shield perfectly while the others went and took out their opponents. Owain is quite the beast with those Blue Flame procs but Cynthia isn't too far behind with her high damage. 

- - - - - 

I think Mamp's going to enjoy this one. 

@mcsilas Nice Justice Cabal Team. Good use of repositioning and tanking.

@Sasori Great use of the FE6 Mage Twins. Always impressive when people make some of the early, low-tier units work.

@DLNarshen That is one amazing Julius. Amazing how he was able to tank almost the whole map.

@Nimrod Good horse team clear. Most impressive was the Gunthraa tanking at the start.

@LordFrigid Amazing. These one-turn clears never cease to impress me.

@Flying Shogi All great, but the Nino & Sons was probably my favorite since it felt very cute. Nice job on the Felicia one too.

@Alexmender Haha. Why bother with other units when you have Monster Myrrh?

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Nym @Rezzy @Diovani Bressan

And here's my clear. Flier team using a couple of recent units. Also Summer Y!Tiki filling in for Spring Veronica who is taking a well-deserved break after my Legendary Eliwood video.

5 minutes ago, Jave said:

@mcsilas Nice Justice Cabal Team. Good use of repositioning and tanking.

@Sasori Great use of the FE6 Mage Twins. Always impressive when people make some of the early, low-tier units work.

@DLNarshen That is one amazing Julius. Amazing how he was able to tank almost the whole map.

@Nimrod Good horse team clear. Most impressive was the Gunthraa tanking at the start.

@LordFrigid Amazing. These one-turn clears never cease to impress me.

@Flying Shogi All great, but the Nino & Sons was probably my favorite since it felt very cute. Nice job on the Felicia one too.

@Alexmender Haha. Why bother with other units when you have Monster Myrrh?

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Nym @Rezzy @Diovani Bressan

And here's my clear. Flier team using a couple of recent units. Also Summer Y!Tiki filling in for Spring Veronica who is taking a well-deserved break after my Legendary Eliwood video.

Nice to fight fliers with fliers.  The terrain seems well suited for them this map.  I don't think I've actually seen Summer Baby Tiki's attack animation before.  Vomiting fish is a weird creative choice.

I half expected the voice acting to be in Spanish, too, for some reason.

Edited by Rezzy

9 minutes ago, Jave said:

Well done! The power of the Summer Heroes feat. Azura!

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Witch Mia trivializes this map as in a single hit, she can reset the special cooldowns of the entire enemy team except MMorgan as well as put the Guard status condition on them. Combined with Aversa Panicking and debuffing 2 of the enemy units at the start, half of the enemy team falls easily to a Hone Fliers buffed Bath Camilla on the first enemy phase.

Team used:
+Res/-Spd Witch Mia (Dazzling Witchy Wand+, Ward Fliers)
5+10+1 Aversa (Aversa's Night, Moonbow, HP +5, Axebreaker 3, Fortify Fliers, HP +5)
5+8+5 Bath Camilla (Def Barb Shuriken+, Reposition, Noontime, Close Counter, Mystic Boost 3, Atk Smoke 3, Iote's Shield, Summoner support, ally support with New Years Azura)
+Spd/-Atk New Years Azura (Spd Hagoita+, Sing, Flier Formation 3, Hone Fliers, Drive Atk 2, ally support with Bath Camilla)

@mcsilas Early clear indeed! Kids vs. Kids: Awakening Edition really did go well. You were able to just swoop in from the right with your fliers to turn an advantage early. It was pretty exciting to see M!Morgan duel his "sister" and survive, even if he couldn't finish her off himself. Very effective showcase there.

@Sasori Neat twins versus "twins" theme, with their adoptive parents helping out (or looking on in Raven's case). The boys both took a lot of damage but survived it all. Lucius is like that great parent who let's you try out everything first and only steps in once it's actually dangerous (at least lethally so. haha). Took that hit impressively well himself and ensured victory!

So after being beaten up all last week, Marth and Caeda decide to turn things around and spank some very naughty kids. With a bit of help from family friends, but I guess all is fair when your potential descendants start throwing magic your way. Merric and Gordin were very useful when dealing with those fliers. M!Morgan couldn't even get his special off before being deleted by Caeda. Marth went around tanking things and eliminating non-flying danger. I am sure the Morgans will have learned their lesson from them. haha

@mampfoid @Landmaster @kirauza343 @daisy jane @Robert of Normandy @Azuris @ruruo @Zeo

Again, Takus come up first:

Music: 1. Inerasable 2. Infinite Battle - both from Magia Record

You'll probably have noticed that Skadikumi has a shiny new toy, courtesy of a rude pity-breaking fellow while trying for S!Lilina. Of course I wanted to try showcasing it immediately by having him tank most of the enemies upfront. This resulted in one of the shortest clears I've done. He didn't even have that much difficulty tanking Morgan's special, since it didn't take much seal shifting at all. Getting Nyakumi to finish M!Morgan was a bit trickier, but double bonds always work out for the best. Overall, it was a tiny bit more challenging than expected, but really nothing to tear at my hair over, and seeing Skadi be so strong was definitely great. 

See you soon for the rest!

20 minutes ago, Jave said:

I'm glad you like it. I try to clear maps with the family but their color coverage isn't that good so I try to make the best of it.

Edited by Flying Shogi

@Alexmender Geez, yeah, what Jave said. lol

@mampfoid @mcsilas And anyone else that cares, I got my recording done using the team I'd mentioned, though it ended up slightly different than my first clear. Dunno why, but I did always have trouble remembering exactly what I did when I try to recreate a clear. Anyway.

...Strange, the volume is lower than my other videos. I have no idea how this happened. I wish Silas could've done more than he did, but at least I used him like I had said I wanted... XD

My favorite parts are Kaze surviving and one-shotting the bow flier and Robin smashing female Morgan because she knows who the better Morgan is! lol She'd be biased for her adorable boy anyway. 😛

I'm also proud that I figured out how to bait female Morgan and use her ally's C against her! I can strategize well sometimes! Just wish I could do it more often.

Edited by Anacybele

I managed to beat Morgan and Morgan, funnily enough, with Morgan and Morgan. Chaperoning were Lucina, doing her due diligence as a mother, and Julia, because of course she's here (got to flaunt her +9 status somehow). Not the usual trio & spare of the week, but a fun clear nonetheless.

1. +Atk F!Morgan+1 (5 Dragonflowers): Reposition, Swordbreaker 3, QR3 seal
  2. +Spd M!Morgan+1 (5 Dragonflowers): Draw Back, Fury 3, Spur Def/Res 2 seal
  3. +Atk Lucina+1: Reposition, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Spd+3 seal
  4. +Spd Julia+9 (10 Dragonflowers): Swap, Glacies, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Drive Spd 2, Brazen Atk/Spd 3 seal

Morgan and Morgan meet Kana and Kana!

Decided to have Kana joined by his sister. Though I never married Azura in M!Corrin playthroughs, Shigure can be our other Kana's brother, so we had him join in~ Only really needed Drive Atk on F!Kana so Shigure could help with his kill. End also played out a bit differently than originally. I originally had M!Kana attack the final foe to get his Special off because he'll kill Velouria with it, but I ended up having him attack last meaning he got his Goad buff from F!Kana and was just able to get the double and win, haha~

Time for replies

6 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Two timelines intertwine and we get a M&M battle!

---So just a quick early video since I was waiting to do this theme for a while- have a Justice Cabal themed clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Owain, neutral Cynthia, +HP/-Def Male Morgan, neutral Gerome)

Music is Spread the Wings (Rock Howard theme) from Garou: Mark of the Wolves

For those who haven't played Awakening, the Justice Cabal is the childhood hero group that Owain and Cynthia formed when they were kids (Gerome was a part of it when he was young as well). Also, Male Morgan becomes a new member of the group with Owain and Male Morgan's support.

-Since there were no enemy horses, I changed Gerome's axe to the Emerald axe to help survive against female Morgan's special. (Even then he needed M!Morgan's Def Tactic, Warding Stance, Fortress Def, Cynthia's Goad Fliers AND a +2 Res from Cynthia's C support to survive both F Morgan and the axe flier).

-Similarly, Cynthia would just swoop in squishy units so she didn't need Firesweep Lance's sweep effect, so I gave her Killer Lance for this. Sadly I had no SP for a Spd refine Slaying Lance so I had to make do with a cheaper LaD + Spd+3 seal to double Male Morgan.

-Owain and Male Morgan show the power of bonds to deal with the left side. Morgan's Spur Def/Res + Def Tactic helped Owain survive hits. He also bravely takes on the weapon triangle disadvantage to take a hit from his female version, activating his teleporting powers in the second half to get away from trouble quicker.

Perfect theme! Using Gerome as a Res Tank, that’s something you don’t see often. F!Morgan ended up giving quite a beating, but everyone was able to hang on and get the job done. Owain handled the left side while the flying duo kept the right busy until the hard hitters arrived.

5 hours ago, Sasori said:

This map was pretty alright. It has flyer warping, instant charge specials and Mmorgan is a pretty though opponent, but its made much more manageable by enemies lacking a bit in power. A good playground for some experimentation.

Ive also been working on a Caeda. So she, Marth and Merric got to practice their parenting skills on some unruly teenagers. Big bro Gordin came along to give them some pointers. Also not a too difficult run. Male Morgan and the flying archer took a little planning, but everything else went smoothly.

Nice to see Raigh and Lugh back with Raigh’s new refine, he has a lot of fun with it on the first couple of enemies. Serpent VS Serpent was pretty cool with Lugh coming out on top. Lucius got a good hit in for the final kill assist. Raven must have enjoyed being able to relax in the background~

Marth and Caeda Squad put these kids in their place. Merric ended F!Morgan’s reign while Gordin took out some pesky enemies on the left with Marth while Caeda dealt with M!Morgan. Archanea teamwork made the dream work.

5 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Lots of ranged enemies and easily picked-off physical threats means Julius gets to go with his AR build meant for shutting these kind of maps down.  Julia helps out as usual, but I think with some tinkering Julius can true solo this.

Ironic for F!Morgan to call Julius an amateur when she’s doing 7 damage to a red unit with an Iceberg~ Two tacticians got near soloed by an almost one man army, and both lost to color advantage. Guess we see Julius was the real tactical genius all along~

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Ok game, I see your two Morgans, and raise you two Caedas.

Two +10 Caedas isn’t something you see everyday! On both Player Phase and Enemy Phase, there was no issue for them~ Fun seeing WT!Olwen again!

5 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Cavalry: Cecilia tanked female Morgan and the green mage while Roy and the others were on clean up duty.

Reveal hidden contents

I also did a family clear this time.

Nino & twins: Bonds give Raigh strength! Even if he doesn't like it. And funny enough, the boys got to a B support after my initial clear of this map 😆

Hide contents

Felicia & friends: I wanted to use WoF!Hinoka more and her Flier Formation came in handy. Felicia needed the Res Tactic boost to survive female Morgan and the green mage.

Reveal hidden contents

Family Emblem theme was nice! Well built Lugh and Raigh! I bet he’s enjoying his new refine!

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

- - - - - 

LOL, 1 Turn Solo with H!Myrrh! She quite literally devoured this entire map~ Hope Eirika is not jealous that Myrrh stole the thunder on this one XD

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Oooh, a nice Flying Summer team! Laevatein really helps out with her Link Smiting~ Lyn gets some easy snipes and Tiki gets her kills with ease, as well~ Felt like they were all talking to each other with all that swim dialogue, LOL~

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

Music: 1. Inerasable 2. Infinite Battle - both from Magia Record

You'll probably have noticed that Skadikumi has a shiny new toy, courtesy of a rude pity-breaking fellow while trying for S!Lilina. Of course I wanted to try showcasing it immediately by having him tank most of the enemies upfront. This resulted in one of the shortest clears I've done. He didn't even have that much difficulty tanking Morgan's special, since it didn't take much seal shifting at all. Getting Nyakumi to finish M!Morgan was a bit trickier, but double bonds always work out for the best. Overall, it was a tiny bit more challenging than expected, but really nothing to tear at my hair over, and seeing Skadi be so strong was definitely great. 

See you soon for the rest!

Oho, Brazen Skadkumi! He’s enjoying his new Skill a lot already, half of the map didn’t even know what hit them. OG!Taku didn’t even have to lift a finger haha while Sunkumi and Nyakumi cleaned up! But I gotta know, did Skadumi eat Wolt’s Bow, too?

@Jave

Nice work on that Flier clear, especially with needing to work around that 1-charge Dragon Fang.

@Landmaster

Morgan & Morgan vs Kana & Kana, a matchup ordained by destiny...except Velouria swoops in and KOs both Morgans on her lonesome! Another day, perhaps. Nice job on the clear!

Finally got around to recording videos of my Infernal clears.

Overall I thought this BHB was easy. Didn't really have a theme to go along with the video but I am glad I figured out how to beat Infernal after a couple attempts. Just needed a bow cavalry to knock out F!Morgan right away and have A!Tiki tank everything else. Would have liked to have A!Tiki solo it but F!Morgan kind of makes that hard to do.

Infernal Morgan & Morgan in one turn (Awakening themed): 

This time I managed to do a themed clear, but I don't have enough GF units to make this a regular thing. Not much to say, Chrom took Hectors job of a (smiting) General. Cherche was supposed to start with the sword fighter. She would be able to quad-kill him, but since he doesn't proc his special, he deals less damage than the axe fighter. Not enough for WoM. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Had no time to post yesterday, great clears everyone! Responses in spoilers to not clutter the topic too much. In August I will leave less comments, that's vacation time for me. :B):

@mcsilas

Spoiler
16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So just a quick early video since I was waiting to do this theme for a while- have a Justice Cabal themed clear!

Oh, I like your choice of characters here and lovely theme (even if I never finished Awakening, or any DLC). I'm looking forward to see your finished Cynthia. Do you have lance valor? 

Nice start with the right side well calculated. Owain is great, I should use mine more often. Being infantry sword is his curse. 

I liked how Morgen tanked his female self with the help of his own buffs. 

@Sasori

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Sasori said:

@Flying Shogi Lugh and Raigh are back and this time with a family theme. The twins mostly got through this by themselves with only a little help from Lucius. Raven never got to reach the enemies which is a bit of a shame. I trained him to complete the team and he did't get to do anything. Maybe next time.

Wow, cool brother action. They nearly cleared this map by themselves, Lucius chipped a bit and Raven was the family scarecrow.

15 hours ago, Sasori said:

That's another lovely team. Merric was just perfect to take out female Morgan and Gordin was crucial as well. He took out the Ravenmage and some fliers without much trouble. Marth had a pretty close survival with 1 HP. 

@DLNarshen

Spoiler
15 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

Ah, I was looking forward to this! Btw: I got my first Julia yesterday finally. 

How do you choose J&Js level 1 buddies? Not having a Thea, seing her merged at 4* kind of hurts. 

Great clear again. It's funny to see female Morgan having trouble dealing any damage with her blue Iceberg to Julius. 

@Nimrod

Spoiler
15 hours ago, Nimrod said:

Guess my team was fit for the job. So far the easiest one for me

Looks like a ride in the park for your team, Is this your main team now? Glad you found Gunnthrá useful after all 

@LordFrigid

Spoiler
15 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Ok game, I see your two Morgans, and raise you two Caedas.

Slightly disappointed to not see bride .... WHAT? Two flowered +10 Caedas? New level of Waifu, wow! 

Needless to say, the Morgans don't stand a chance. Why didn't they give up in advance? 

@Flying Shogi

Spoiler
16 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Cav clear went pretty smooth, Roy doesn't mind clean up work, as long as he can galeforce. 

Raigh get's the final kill with the help of bonds between brothers. Nino shows her sons how to tank against WTA. 

I have been using Flier formation myself a lot in TTs lately. Seal and new HM cap help with that. 

@Alexmender

Spoiler
14 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Oh yes, I do! Welcome to the OT-club! 

Now give GF to Myrrh ... woops, dragons can't. :- /

@Jave

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Jave said:

Lovely team, nearly a fully summer themed clear. 38 SPD with a speed-bane is crazy, congrats getting Lyn & Laev and bringing them to good use! 

@Nanima

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Nanima said:

Cool new toy for Skadikumi, it enables him for some crazy vantage action. Sorry for the pity breaker though. Did you pass Big-Catch Bow+ as well? 

Clear was fast and clean, professional sniper work. ;- )

@Anacybele

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm also proud that I figured out how to bait female Morgan and use her ally's C against her! I can strategize well sometimes! Just wish I could do it more often.

Hey, I'm glad you managed to do a clear again, with a team of favorites even. I think you get now how satisfying that can be. ; -) 

Femal Robin smashing the "imposter" daughter was funny indeed. She was grinning so much afterwards, even facetanking a flying hammer didn't stop it. lol

(hope she left Kaze alive after hurting her real son)

@Landmaster

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Morgan and Morgan meet Kana and Kana!

Sweet! Shigure looks like the highschool-popular teenage half-brother and Velouria is something like the cool babysitter. Hope the Kanas are not too much trouble for them. 

Kana is the perfect tanky guy for this job. Wouldn't he be able to tank everything in the middle on turn 1? Perhaps with some Kaden support? 

@NSSKG151

Spoiler
2 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Finally got around to recording videos of my Infernal clears.

Didn't remember you liked Anna that much. Nice seeing someone supporting her (and she got the final kill on top). 

Close call with Lyn at 1 HP against the Ravenmage and Tiki took care of the rest. 

That was an odd experience - went to Infernal and it felt about as difficult as the standard 10th Stratum. Then went to Lunatic and almost got wrecked by a teleporting F Morgan with Cordelia barely surviving. The AI for some reason chose not to use their teleport in Infernal so there was no trickery whatsoever the first time around.

I just took the flier team I happened to have set up, far from optimal but it was the one I used to clear the summer paralogue quests: i.e. it had a sword, lance and axe. Same strategy for all difficulties, S Corrin+1 nukes the axe wyvern and M Morgan on turn one, then just cleanup with unmerged default Cordelia and Palla+10. Airzura the standard fourth.

@mampfoid

THanks - oh yeah, Gunnthra is quite nice. It's a good team. I aim for diversity, though and my main goal still remains to build 4* units but I can't seem to find good fodder (only unit I promoted so far is cherche)