Bound Hero Battle: Morgan & Morgan

mcsilas

as is tradition: new Flier gets a FlySquad test -
Caeda, Est, Lazura and Sakura. it took a while (istill don't know how to galeforce very well),  but Caeda held her own. can take an iceberg hit to the face from Morgan which is really interesting. good for future reference. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Hilda said:

This is my Matthew Team (well actually Yune Team) in the works. Its still not finished needs some skills here and there and some merges, but i am quite happy with this Team composition. Synergizes very well together.

Warding stance Mordecai, interesting! 

Don't you give Matthew a heart, I think he deserves it. ;- )

12 hours ago, Nanima said:

Great to see you managed a themed clear. With how your GF army is growing, I am sure you'll have another one in the future. You even managed to leave the Morgans for last to make things suitably dramatic. This clear really came together well I must say.~

Thanks!

GF team growth is on hold for the moment, due lack of Cordelias. :- /  

Now let's have a proper summer send off for my princesses and stars:

100% kills by Hinoka, nice. I think they are ready for some Abyssal fun. Was confused why the archer didn't attack kitty Sakura, forgot about Gravity for a moment. 

Now for some stars:

Male Morgan couldn't even apply his buff/debuff trick, Takumi started the cleanup before anyone noticed. 

Congrats! 

10 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I don't think they ever did anything special for characters who got third place (and no, I don't think L!Marth was a consolation prize for Marth last year since he was getting a legendary alt anyways). I think it is more likely that Anna's Awakening incarnation will show up on Farfetched Heroes 3 since she did get 5th place overall and is technically not in the game yet.

Yeah, wasn't serious about that (recent TTs have all been seasonal), but who knows? 

Farfetched Anna would be great too! 

Late reply time!

@Zeo Amazing clears, Matthew has evolved so much, and seeing the Special Spiral + healing combo is such a highlight! Spy's Dagger didn't disappoint. Feels weird to see him without Aether but you made it work!

That said, Morgan clear didn't disappoint either, I was looking forward to this the most. Ninian sure hit that bow flier hard! Morgan sure faced himself easily, even if facing his female would've been a bit tricky, warping Amelia was there to help out.

I don't see a lot of female Robins, but I sure enjoyed her role in the last video. Female Morgan just breezed through the map (it's like it was made for her....I mean it's her BHB I guess). Also love that dramatic pause when Morgan unleashed his special.

Owain maybe a slightly different Ayra but he's fun to use (and listen to!). Hope you enjoy him if you end up playing with him more.

@DLNarshen Thanks! Loved seeing Julius in action, his special lines are awesome and he just tanked Morgan's Iceberg like nothing! And he returns to he map to flex even more with some Aether shenanigans! Great choice in the Awakening enemy phase music as well for the first vid!

@Alexmender Those extra points of Res compared to his mother really mattered in this clear haha! I never thought I'd be glad that Gerome had Fortress Def in his native kit!

Halloween Myrrh is such a monster of a unit, she is so useful during arena runs for me. DC is a no brainer on her, and with your cheerleaders, the enemy stood no chance!

@Jave I like how you had a summer theme with your team (even if Azura isn't exactly summer, her Prayer Wheel pretty much summons the sea!). I like how Lyn would have done exact damage on flier Morgan if she didn't have a special haha. Tiki is also a great flier with her 'Breath' Breath.

@LordFrigid Vantage Caeda solo was a beauty to watch! Double the Caedas and Olwen action was also enjoyable to see.

@Nanima Awww I wish you could have given Wolt to me instead haha, but Skadikumi sure caused some chaos with his new toy! Vantage + Brazen is such a fun combo.

Love the music in the princesses clear. Hinoka must've been proud of her sister(s) that they could hold their own without much intervention. Love the bow flier being destroyed by OG Sakura.

Poor male Morgan being so susceptible to fliers at the start. Poor raven mage thought he would have colour advantage but was too scared of the ladies haha. Sakunyan tanked that Iceberg like a boss.

Also good luck in the internship, breaks from the game are sometimes necessary anyway and yeah comments can be a bit time-consuming- should I stop tagging you in the meantime?

@Anacybele Love those premium skills on Silas haha, unfortunately he could only do so much with so much mages on the enemy team but still nice to see him. Effective way of using your favourites, nice to see a strong Kaze (that Atk Smoke really helped him survive that bow flier).

@Landmaster Tanky Kana time! I like how they were trying to prove they were the superior avatar's child unit for this map. Velouria also spread some mayhem, she's such a strong unit. 

@mampfoid Sadly no Lance Valour, just gotta grind in the weekends really. Yeah Owain maybe be a swordie, but he's still quite fun to use, and his Bond playstyle works well in tight maps like these.

Love the themed GF clear! Always nice to see Brave Lucina. I hope you get more Cordelia's soon! Love Chrom's Smite start! 

@daisy jane Does your phone have much storage left? Sometimes lag happens when there's not much space. Sounds like your flier team dominated the tactician kids, so jealous you have a Skylivia. Flying Gravity is also a really powerful strategy.

Also sounds like Celica blew things up, nice that you got her with a great nature, too. She must've enjoyed having those flying dancers cheer her on. It's amazing how we only have just 1 lance dancer (OG Azura) as well...with Azura already having 2 flying dancing alts I guess flying lancer will be her niche, too.  

@Diovani Bressan Oooh Saizo strats! And Mordecai as well! Love the debuff strategy. Those Bonfires hurt. So lucky you have Close Counter...I foolish wasted orbs out of a whim so I hope I can get Takumi quickly. Such a great skill for dagger users. 

@Ginko @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents-

---

Now for more themed videos, since I love getting to use characters from my first FE game 😄

Firstly is a fun theme clear of my favourite Awakening kids (Performing trio + Noire - still waiting on normal Noire IS... 😞 ).

Team is neutral Brady, +Spd/-HP Owain, +Res/-Def Performing Inigo and +Atk/-Res Summer Noire

Music is Sky Blue from the King of Fighters XIV

-Brady makes his debut...and immediately gets reduced to 1 health lol, but he sure did well tanking that Iceberg thanks to his Atk/Res Push plus the Distant Def seal. Owain's Spur Spd/Def also meant the Raven mage decided to stay back for Turn 1.

-Noire had to be hit by Morgan's Atk Ploy just so she is in a position to snipe the Dark Flier next turn, so I had to give her Atk/Def Bond to make up for the debuff (would leave her in single digit health otherwise). The bowbreaker mage was a bit annoying so had to be careful with her movements, Swap was a key assist to snipe the fliers.

-Owain once again stars with the important task of deleting ranged enemies quickly. (also it's his birthday recently!)

-Inigo needed Darting Stance to avoid a second hit/Moonbow from the green mage.

--

Next is a Grima Emblem clear...which also counts as Amnesia Emblem now that I think about it..

Team is neutral Aversa, +HP/-Def Male Morgan, +Spd/-HP Male Grima and +Atk/-Res Female Grima

Music is Pulsation from Samurai Shodown (2019)

- Aka possessed parents discipline their children for not listening to Grima. 

- Aversa was a key anchor unit with Guidance ferrying male Grima in key points while nuking the melee units from afar.

- Female Grima shows her tankiness, with support from Ward Fliers/Dragons to keep her health up. Vantage + Brazen Atk/Res scared Male Morgan away. She needed male Grima's Ward Dragons in the final turns as the bow flier would just KO her, this also meant the bow flier would target make Grima instead for a pathetic 1 damage!

Her Res Smoke was also a key skill, allowing Morgan/Aversa to deal more damage, while Morgan buffed the team with Grima's Truth. Turn order was very important in the final turns.

- Also male Grima sure tanked Morgan's Iceberg like a champ, he deserved the final blow!

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Love those premium skills on Silas haha, unfortunately he could only do so much with so much mages on the enemy team but still nice to see him. Effective way of using your favourites, nice to see a strong Kaze (that Atk Smoke really helped him survive that bow flier).

Silas deserves the best! ❤️ And yeah, at least I could put him in this at all. XD

I should've known that! That's probably a reason I have trouble coming up with strats and all, I don't pay attention to when my own units' skills kick in. I guess I just forget sometimes due to there being so many things to look at in a battle. The stats and skills on both sides, unit placement, what you can and can't do each turn in general, etc...

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I hope you get more Cordelia's soon!

Thanks! There are still so many GF units to build. 

10 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Firstly is a fun theme clear of my favourite Awakening kids (Performing trio + Noire - still waiting on normal Noire IS... 😞 ).

1 HP debuts are best! ^^ hope my first Brady will come soon, he'll be an insta-promotion no matter the boon/bane. 

What do you think Noire will look like in her OG version? Still an archer? 

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Still confused by this family story. Should probably finish Awakening one day. 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Still confused by this family story. Should probably finish Awakening one day. 

To be fair this actually doesn't happen, I just find it funny that the Grima's defeat their child counterparts (Male Robin gives birth to female Morgan and vice versa).

As for Noire, she's usually just an infantry archer but can promote to a bow knight. Recent trends mean they give colours to newer archers, so maybe a red archer? (Infantry or mounted, but I guess mounted means she'd be different at least.)

Brady maybe a jack of all trades stat-wise but he's pretty solid. Hope you get him soon, he's a pretty fun character!

@Anacybele No worries, I just tried things and don't realise these things as well sometimes and only find out after much trial and error and figuring out why the last attempt was different.

Just now, mcsilas said:

No worries, I just tried things and don't realise these things as well sometimes and only find out after much trial and error and figuring out why the last attempt was different.

Ah, okay. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. 😛

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

As for Noire, she's usually just an infantry archer but can promote to a bow knight. Recent trends mean they give colours to newer archers, so maybe a red archer? (Infantry or mounted, but I guess mounted means she'd be different at least.)

Yeah, I remember her being an archer. Everyone expected Alm to be the first red, but this color might fit to Noires occasional moods. 

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Brady maybe a jack of all trades stat-wise but he's pretty solid. Hope you get him soon, he's a pretty fun character!

Thanks! Yeah, I like him already. 

38 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oooh Saizo strats! And Mordecai as well! Love the debuff strategy. Those Bonfires hurt. So lucky you have Close Counter...I foolish wasted orbs out of a whim so I hope I can get Takumi quickly. Such a great skill for dagger users. 

Thanks! I wanted to build a infantry dagger unit for so long. Kaze would be my pick, until Saizo got a prf and refinement... and a really good one! I immediately refined his weapon and +10 him, just in time for Saizo to be a arena bonus unit. That season was fun!

He is also a Arena support unit, With C Duel Infantry and Watersweep instead of Close Counter and Vantage, so he can attack dragons without being counterattacked, and debuff all the foe's stats, so the bonus unit can have more chances to get the kill. If I get a Brady in the future, I will give him Infantry Push.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:11 PM, daisy jane said:

PRINCESSES AND STARS!!
(pls cross your fingers i can get OG hinoka early on her repeat).  I'll watch when i am able to.

Ahhh Brazen Atk/Spd 4!! (If they made Fury into a seal LOL I might give this to Celica!!) 
confession i very rarely check for skills. my thing is normally - either Celica can nuke it or Myrrh can tank it. when they can't, is when i start getting creative. it's kinda fun (ie: who knew that Sumia can tank a lot of crap. from Cynthia's GHB. Not meeeeeee, until i did it. 98 percent of the time is coz i am one lazy girl). 

You would have thought it would have been Lazura - but yah i think the flying lance dancer will be an alt. it wouldn't even matter who it is  - it will just make my life and team comps for FlySquad and Celica's Dance Dance Nukealution a lot easier 😉 

Mhm. I wasn't afraid with Red Morgan, bu i was the iceberg, colour disadvantage that made me think about atking FMorgan. (but Blazing Wind tends to make everything better). 

I will!

I totally understand. Sometimes checking skills just doesn't enter my mind until I accidentally activate an armour's vantage or get creamed by an unseen WoM tactic. So long as we can still get where we want it shouldn't matter though. haha

If it's an alt, I actually hope it's a male singer unit, but looking at 3 Houses class restrictions, Intsys doesn't seem a fan of those (NILS WHEN??). Let's hope something will have shown up once I am back here from summer break.

Yeah, in Celica's case that would be the bigger threat.

@mampfoid

Sorry to hear about your lack of Cordelias. May they flock to you soon, so the next time I reply to one of your clears in September, I can see the progress!

I am sure OG!Sakura is, but the others are a bit iffier.. I am trying to build a team for her to tackle an Abyssal, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

@mcsilas

I would have traded him for an SLilina in a heartbeat. 

She totally is. Just waiting for the day when she can leave the job entirely once another Sakura joins the squad.

Some really unfortunate enemies there, yeah.

Thank you, but feel free to keep tagging me. I may not always have time, but I do enjoy simply watching the clears as well!

Now for your clears:

Some great Brady action here. Surviving that Iceberg like that was amazing! Also Noire taking out all the fliers was really fun to watch. I do love the girl, her banner just keeps her from me sadly. 😞

Poor Morgans are going to have an identity crisis seeing everything they are facing here. Some great tanking from the Grimas and sweeping by the mages. Poor bow flier couldn't manage to take out anything even when the Grimas were so low on HP. Almost feel sorry for the girl. 

17 hours ago, Nanima said:

Poor Morgans are going to have an identity crisis seeing everything they are facing here. Some great tanking from the Grimas and sweeping by the mages. Poor bow flier couldn't manage to take out anything even when the Grimas were so low on HP. Almost feel sorry for the girl. 

Funny you say that, that bow flier gave me the most pain since she was always the last one standing and would always just KO F!Grima exactly with 3 damage, or exactly KO Aversa by 1 damage even with Morgan's Spur Def/Res + Drive Def to make up for the bow weakness.

Took me a while to get the idea and have Aversa attack the swordie instead of the green mage and have male Grima move closer to his female counterpart for more Ward support.

So much work lately~ Should have replied sooner, let’s get into these!

Spoiler
On 7/15/2019 at 7:35 AM, Zeo said:

Matthew's true power has been unleashed...

It's been a long time since I've done a mass tag like this... Hey guys. Some of you I'm not even sure I used to tag for clears but I did my best not to forget anyone. It's been 6 months since I stopped doing clears and despite my recent activity. I'm in a different place now as you know and this can't and won't become a regular thing. But as you know Matt's refine just got released and on top of that Morgan's got a BHB now and he was the leader of my 2nd team. So this is a pretty big deal worth returning for. So here you have it, the whole shebang. A full post Zeo-style with 3 clears. Matt, Morgan and the Special clear. I hope it gives you feelings of nostalgia and all that good stuff. It won't happen often, but here we are.

So.. Spy Dagger, eh?.. initially I was underwhelmed at it's effect and losing the effects of a refined Rogue Dagger but I decided to take a step back and after a bit of theorycrafting I discovered a way to unlock limitless power... (PVE wise anyway.) I had everything I needed except one thing, but after some searching in my barracks I'd actually pulled exactly the fodder I needed as a pitybreaker before I quit. So for the first time since Close Counter, Matt devoured a *5 exclusive and was given premium fodder. This skill completely changes his game and build. I was forced to say goodbye to a set that I've really enjoyed, but he's ascended as you'll soon see.

I'll still need to swap out skills in his new build every now and again for the occasional map most likely. And I still need to find what exactly he needs for stuff like Aether Raids (assuming I put that much time into the game) because he can still get blown up very easily there, but for PvE maps like these he's achieved his ultimate power. All he needs is 2 more Dragon Flower levels and he'll... you know what? You've listened to me rambled enough. You've seen my Matthew and what he's been capable of up until now, it's not something that needs explaining.

Just watch him work. 

So you've seen the new Matthew, but you may not have seen the new Morgan! He's grown up a bit while he's been away. Amelia's got a new toy, Ninian grew just a bit stronger and Priscilla's about the same. Still with all of the new stuff they're very much a team. No one man army here. They've always solved these maps like puzzles and that's a true fact to this day. Not much can be said about this particular clear that hasn't been said about other ones. A direct approach didn't exactly work, but a bit of stat manipulation here, and of course a warp or two there, and we have our clear. It goes by just as fast as Matt's clear, don't blink or you'll miss it.

And lastly he we have it, our first Special Legacy clear. I thought it would be fitting to bring back our paradox team of Morgans and Robins for this one. It was a minor challenge that required just a touch of SI and some skill swapping. F!Morgan needed QR for her "brother", F!Robin needed Hone Spd for her favorite son and a specific movement skill I was surprised to see used by Mampfoid in his own clear, but all in all it was pretty seamless. Only after editing did I notice I actually could have given M!Robin a bit more spotlight than I gave him, but in the end I couldn't be bothered to re-record. It flowed better the way it turned out and he still tipped a few scales.

Zoom~

For those of you that don't know, any clear going forward will be classified as a LEGACY clear. I'm done doing these as a regular thing still. My teams stories have come to an end in that regard. These clears will be rarer, but every now and then they will come and they'll have the same feel you remember from me. I don't have the time or attachment for this game that I used to, so when I do posts like this, I'll be sure to make them count.

And thank you guys for still taking the time to read my bibles that call themselves posts and watch these clears even after all this time. Though it's not something I'll be able to do frequently anymore and it can be taxing, you guys still make it worth it. Well, every now and again~

Cheers~

You’re right, Matthew’s damage is crazy. He’s solo’d before but soloing like this must be a great feeling. He's a monster like never before. This kind of power is going to be crazy when the Abyssals arrive~

Even without the same toy as Matt, Morgan near soloed this himself, with some minor help from his friends to take some hits for him. Amelia warping in for the save is a classic!

Morgan and Robin Emblem again is great for the occasion~ Morgan being smited in was really gutsy. His tag team with his female counterpart was great~ F!Robin cleans up against their F!Morgan and M!Morgan handles pretty much the rest of the foes with dear old dad finishing off~ Great Special Clear!

On 7/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, daisy jane said:

Okay - so. Two clears. (i tried recording, so we'll see if it works. (check). Nope. there's a 3 minute delay, per usual)

Clear One: FlySquad
The Crew:
Flying Olivia: +1 (+spd), Steady Posture, Wings of Mercy, Fortify Fliers, Warding Stance 1 
Elincia (aka Pumpkin Princess): +3, (+spd), Swift Sparrow, Swift Sparrow Refine, Desperation, Hone Fliers 
Bath Sakura: +atk/-def, Gravity (dazzle refine), Atk +3, Wrathful, Hone Fliers , Physic (??? SS I forgot)
Myrrh (aka Myrrhbear) +3: DC, QR 3, Atk Smoke, and Iotes (per usual)

The Scene: Double Morgan, a flying bow with Air Orders (I SEE YOU (i didn't see him), Fury Green Mage, and that nasty annoying brave sword mook. 

The Squad is generally always Captained by my beloved Pumpkin Princess (wearing the Restoration Helm), and darling Myrrhbear. I'm still struggling (very much) with Noontime. I am also very lazy to see if Sol would be better. (Aether - while Myrrh would get instantly, I'm wondering if it would sort of be the issue i had with Ignis. the cooldown. She'll heal - but would she heal enough).Noontime is basically she'll almost always double on enemy phase. but i miss that Massive Ignis OHKO too. Anyhoo the big issue here for this squad is that pesky bow, FMorgan's iceberg, and that Brave sword.

Sakura gravity'ed everyone, allowing myrrh a chance to be Danced by Livvy, and start soaking up damage by Morgan (dead). threat number one gone.
Second phase. Eliminating the Brave Sword (this was something that was giving me issues). Elincia was up to the task. Sakura made quick work thanks by a dance by Livvy, of that flying Axe wyvern and flying bow. Myrrh is out of danger from Morgan. Meaning. Livvy has to take the full of a magic hit. (This is where I got Lazy and forgot to put brazing stance).

Morgan unleashes Grima's Truth into her  - and Livvy does something that Lene can not. 😉 Survive one magical hit. Green Mage lands right on top of Livvy. 
Clean up: Elincia kills Morgan, Livvy kills the Green Mage:

SUCCESS! (always fun when putting my fliers in dangerous situations like this). 

Clear Two: Celica Dance Party
The Star: Celica: +2, (+atk), Ragnorak (Brazen atk/spd refine), Fury 3, Desperation 3, Savage Blow 3, Speed 3 SS (and my favourite special of choice: Blazing Wind - never regret that promotion of Navaare to die for that/desperation 3 lemme tell ya). 
The Dance Party: Flying Olivia (insert guidance in C, Chill Spd 3 in SS), Airzura +atk/-def (general set up, really need to give her Hone atk), and LAzura (+spd/-def, torrent dance 3 in SS)

Something I noted: We do not have a Flying Dancing Lance. (I want a flying dancing lance now). 
the only danger here was getting Celica set up. (ha ha), and making sure she had Blazing Wind locked and loaded. Speed 3 is generally now her SS seal until i get more coins and unlock brazen atk/spd 3. having her basically +atk +spd makes life a lot easier. 

Let us Begin. 

Celica Moves to the left, Lazura Dances her, and everyone shifts to follow her. 
now the fun really begins. Celica obliterates the Brave Sword, Lazura Dances, bai bai Green Mage, never stood a chance. LIvvy dances, and pop! goes the bow night, and oh look. Blazing wind - all ready to go. Airzura dances, and eat this pal! (best Mae voice). 

TA Activated with both Lazura/Airzura, so now morgan and wyvern rider is following them (probably also celica, but hey. what do i know about AI movements?)

and the Finale. Princess trumps Tactician, Livvy Dances, and the Wyvern never stood a chance

Had celica been later in the weekly cycle stuff - and not the first week (and so close to hector), I would have spent orbs to get more merges into her. Hands down one of my most favourite units to play with and usually never has much trouble for most content.

Still not sure what is causing all the lagging and stuff,  recorded both clears, and it was just. horrible to watch. so i verbalize!! 🙂  

OHO a nice win for FlySquad. Aether on Myrrh's going to be giving her a lot more health and extra damage, that's gonna be better than the quick Noontimes~ I'd even go for Sol, myself~

Celica soloing must have been really fun, the map is tricky which makes it more challenging~ We all know Celica can solo anything at this point~

On 7/15/2019 at 12:40 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

I did my BHB run today, where Saizo does his job. This BHB was pretty easy.

Saizo gets so bulky when his effect is active, he really brought the mayhem here with the Vantage~

On 7/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, DLNarshen said:

Turns out the only "tinkering" needed was to equip Aether instead of Iceberg, and even then I'm not sure that was necessary.

Julius needs no help from his Lance Flying Entourage to take on everyone here. I guess F!Morgan has pretty low Attack but 0 damage is still so amusing~ Awesome!

On 7/15/2019 at 5:10 PM, NSSKG151 said:

Nice clears everyone.

Tried Infernal difficulty again and this time A!Tiki takes care of everything herself with support from Azura/s (and Olivia kind of just watches). Just had to switch her refine to boost res instead of def so she survives a hit from Morgan's Iceberg.

Could have been anyone who had reposition but I figured why not use my favorite character from Fire Emblem when the opportunity comes around.

Great A!Tiki solo clear! Tanking Morgan’s Iceberg was really impressive!

On 7/16/2019 at 3:13 AM, LordFrigid said:

I haven’t done one of these in a while, but since there’s only one blue (and a magical one at that) on this map, it really was a good opportunity for a Caeda assisted solo...which just happened to also be another one-turn.

Hide contents

YouTube’s automatic thumbnail algorithm is really good at identifying Female Morgan...

Another Red unit tanking Morgan’s Iceberg, now this one was impressive, Being able to do a solo one-turn on Enemy Phase is crazy!

On 7/16/2019 at 1:45 PM, Nanima said:

Before we start, I just want to mention that I started another internship this week and things have been really stressful for me again. So I am sorry to say, but I've decided to take an extended summer break until the 6th of September when it's over. I might upload some clears on youtube, because that's relatively simple to do, but posting, watching and replying on here can take up hours for me, so it's probably best if I take a break from it for now. I'll make an exception when Marth's LHB comes back and I can finally get my birbs to beat him, but that's about it. Once the internship is done I'll also try putting up the other Abyssals at least. 

Now let's have a proper summer send off for my princesses and stars:

Music: 1. Little Trick 2. Welcome to Mirrors -both  from Magia Record

So I really thought I'd just put in Sakunyan to shine here, but F!Morgan was gunning for the queen bee here. To her complete undoing, but A for effort with that Iceberg. I was excited to see Senkura tackle the flier so easily. Things got a bit messier than intended, but ultimately Hinoka didn't have to help out her little sisters with finishing the map beyond positioning so I'll call it a success. 

Now for some stars:

Music: 1. Complex Home 2. Calculated Future - both from Magia Record

Decided to just have Sunkumi let loose on the right side of the map. M!Morgan didn't have a chance to fight back, the poor boy. After that Sakunyan finally got a showdown with F!Morgan and didn't have too much trouble surviving before Reyson ate her for his mandatory map kill. Maribelle got rid of the swordfighter handily and then the Ravenmage decided to avoid either of the ladies, probably because they'd kill him. It just postponed the inevitable. Sunkumi cleared up the flying archer and Sakunyan cleaned her plate for a complete success.

Hope you guys enjoy your summer and see you on the other side!

Aww, maybe another time for the bow~ And have a good internship!! Can’t wait until we can see your birbs finally taking down Marth~

For now, let’s look at the Princesses doing what they do best, starting with Sakunyan’s mage tanking~ OG!Sakura’s damage against F!Morgan’s high Res was really impressive! Senkura pulls off her own big numbers without even needing her Solo Skill, I actually love that they cleared the map so close together~ The Bow Flier could have been a threat but OG!Sakura is able to slow her down and finish her off, great teamwork!

As for the All-Stars, Sunkumi with his Firesweep is always a bad time for the enemy, they don’t stand a chance~ Morgan attacks Sakunyan hard but Reyson is there to clean up with Maribelle and Sunkumi getting in their quick kills, as well, giving her free range for her Glacies to finish up~ They’ve worked so hard and earned a nice rest for a while.

On 7/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, mcsilas said:

Now for more themed videos, since I love getting to use characters from my first FE game 😄

Team is neutral Brady, +Spd/-HP Owain, +Res/-Def Performing Inigo and +Atk/-Res Summer Noire

Music is Sky Blue from the King of Fighters XIV

-Brady makes his debut...and immediately gets reduced to 1 health lol, but he sure did well tanking that Iceberg thanks to his Atk/Res Push plus the Distant Def seal. Owain's Spur Spd/Def also meant the Raven mage decided to stay back for Turn 1.

-Noire had to be hit by Morgan's Atk Ploy just so she is in a position to snipe the Dark Flier next turn, so I had to give her Atk/Def Bond to make up for the debuff (would leave her in single digit health otherwise). The bowbreaker mage was a bit annoying so had to be careful with her movements, Swap was a key assist to snipe the fliers.

-Owain once again stars with the important task of deleting ranged enemies quickly. (also it's his birthday recently!)

-Inigo needed Darting Stance to avoid a second hit/Moonbow from the green mage.

--

Next is a Grima Emblem clear...which also counts as Amnesia Emblem now that I think about it..

Team is neutral Aversa, +HP/-Def Male Morgan, +Spd/-HP Male Grima and +Atk/-Res Female Grima

Music is Pulsation from Samurai Shodown (2019)

- Aversa was a key anchor unit with Guidance ferrying male Grima in key points while nuking the melee units from afar.

- Female Grima shows her tankiness, with support from Ward Fliers/Dragons to keep her health up. Vantage + Brazen Atk/Res scared Male Morgan away. She needed male Grima's Ward Dragons in the final turns as the bow flier would just KO her, this also meant the bow flier would target make Grima instead for a pathetic 1 damage!

Her Res Smoke was also a key skill, allowing Morgan/Aversa to deal more damage, while Morgan buffed the team with Grima's Truth. Turn order was very important in the final turns.

- Also male Grima sure tanked Morgan's Iceberg like a champ, he deserved the final blow!

irst Brady I’ve seen in action! The 1 HP live was clutch! Noire takes care of those annoying fliers and Owain cuts down everyone else. Brady was also nice keeping everyone healthy. Awesome work from the Awakening kiddos~ Really, normal Noire when?~

The Grimleal didn’t show any mercy here to their children. Aversa’s Panic and Guidance really helped the team all lot to take advantage of that small space. Really cool music, too!

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Zeo @Nanima @daisy jane @Ginko @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents-

I know I already did a few videos, but I finally promoted some new units and the theme/timing was right to do these clears while the BHB was still up.

Firstly, is an Avatar Kids clear! Kanas and Morgans vs enemy Morgans!

Team is neutral Male Kana, +HP/-Res Female Kana, +Spd/-Res Male Morgan and +Atk/-Spd Female Morgan

Music is Taiyo High School Rooftop from Rival Schools: United by Fate soundtrack

-Fun fact, Female Morgan has the same Res as the enemy Female Morgan, so I had to give her a little Res boost (plus Draw Back from a Nino, an important move later) so she could ploy her shadow self. Her mobility made sure her Ploys supported the other MC kids.

-Speaking of support, I finally promoted Male Morgan in this account. Male Morgan's debuffs really help the Kanas survive, especially with their Water Breaths.

-Male Kana tanks all the things with Double Brazens, and warps around to quickly delete the squishy mages, He did need a little Goad Dragons boost from his female self against the green mage though.

----

Next is a Tactician Clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Robin, +Atk/-Spd Innes, +Spd/-Def Soren and +Atk/-Def Katarina

Music is Drive-in theater form Rival Schools: United by Fate

-Featuring Soren who finally promoted after all this time (kind of need more Green mages with decent Res). With the Distant Def, he had just enough stats to tank Iceberg, and even ignore F!Morgan's normal attack! The Chill Atk debuff also helps the team out.

-These tacticians really like owltome/bond effects, and they work out in a tight map like this. Lots of times where Katarina/Innes just needed a little boost in Atk/Spd, so Drive Atk/Spd was perfect for the Sacred Seals for team support. The Drives also help offset the debuffs from Grima's Truth, gaining some stats back when facing multiple units.

-Katarina's Spd Smoke was important since after Grima's Truth, Katarina gets defeated by the green mage's special (her debuffed Spd would let him double). Again, Drive support helped gained some stats back from the debuff.

-To be honest Male Robin didn't need Bowbreaker, I just wanted him to finish with his famous special quote. Fun fact, if I equipped TA3 and Bowbreaker, the flier ignores him and knocks out Innes instead, hence no A skill from Robin this time.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Next is a Tactician Clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Robin, +Atk/-Spd Innes, +Spd/-Def Soren and +Atk/-Def Katarina

Music is Drive-in theater form Rival Schools: United by Fate

-Featuring Soren who finally promoted after all this time (kind of need more Green mages with decent Res). With the Distant Def, he had just enough stats to tank Iceberg, and even ignore F!Morgan's normal attack! The Chill Atk debuff also helps the team out.

-These tacticians really like owltome/bond effects, and they work out in a tight map like this. Lots of times where Katarina/Innes just needed a little boost in Atk/Spd, so Drive Atk/Spd was perfect for the Sacred Seals for team support. The Drives also help offset the debuffs from Grima's Truth, gaining some stats back when facing multiple units.

-Katarina's Spd Smoke was important since after Grima's Truth, Katarina gets defeated by the green mage's special (her debuffed Spd would let him double). Again, Drive support helped gained some stats back from the debuff.

-To be honest Male Robin didn't need Bowbreaker, I just wanted him to finish with his famous special quote. Fun fact, if I equipped TA3 and Bowbreaker, the flier ignores him and knocks out Innes instead, hence no A skill from Robin this time.

Nice clear and also nice theme.  Soren's resistance is usually a little bit lacking so I was surprised to see him take 0 damage from Morgan's second attack. Katarina was pretty powerful you don't often see Innes being used. His high res and there being a lot of flying units do make him a good fit for the stage.

You also beated me to it since I had the same idea about tactician's vs tactician's in training.

I've also been toying with dummies vs Morgans, but so far that hasn't gotten a victory just yet.

@Nanima

Team star had a pretty smooth ride. Takumi got of to a great start and Reyson got his boss kill pretty easily too. I was surprised to see Sakura no being able to double Morgan, but she still did a good job tanking that instant Glacies attack.

Guess my final clear on this BHB came a bit quicker then expected. The team of Setsuna, Clueless Tobin, Naive Eirika and Leanne was not the original plan, but it works well enough.

On 7/14/2019 at 11:46 PM, Alexmender said:

@mcsilas That was a very nice theme! It surprised me to see Gerome as nothing but a tank (and taking quite the hit from the flier despite his high base Def) but he performed the role of a shield perfectly while the others went and took out their opponents. Owain is quite the beast with those Blue Flame procs but Cynthia isn't too far behind with her high damage. 

- - - - - 

I think Mamp's going to enjoy this one. 

This clear in a nutshell; they don't have candy... so Myrrh smacks the crap out of them.

Good job!

16 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I know I already did a few videos, but I finally promoted some new units and the theme/timing was right to do these clears while the BHB was still up.

Nice, you're never out of ideas. I always like the tacticians theme, having this hilarious image in mind where four tacticians try to give commands to each other, wasting the first 5 turns.  Are there any tacticians with melee weapons, btw.? 

Also promoting Morgan is never a bad idea. I considered him for a merge project once. 

@Sasori Nice clears, great to see more of Saias and I keep forgetting how awesome of a unit Winter Cecilia is. Yeah I was surprised by the 0 damage as well, but since the axe flier was gone, Soren's Chill Atk effect from his tome hit the Morgans, so she had -7 and -6 from the Distant Def seal.

Yeah his Res isn't the best, but I only have Julia/Naga for actual Restanks and I need more for AA and he has more compared to Nino.

Interesting how you also used Katarina in a similar way.

Also Setsuna use was nice, it's good she miraculously didn't fall into a trap from the Morgans! I was trying to make some kind of Trap theme but couldn't think of one. Using Eirika to facetank was really brave, and Tobin tried his best near the end!

@mampfoid Don't know if Byleth will be an actual tactician in the 3H Story, but if he is he will be the sword one. Otherwise if we go with the Tactician VG then maybe Jagen can kind of count?

Edited by mcsilas

51 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid Don't know if Byleth will be an actual tactician in the 3H Story, but if he is he will be the sword one. Otherwise if we go with the Tactician VG then maybe Jagen can kind of count?

We'll see, I don't know much about 3Hs story yet. I'm not sure if I want to buy a switch this year or not. 

This is going to be a long one so let's see if putting the replies in a spoiler tag will prevent them from getting erased.

Spoiler

@Jave I'm so jealous of your Summer Lyn, she looks so fun to use! And she really put tons of work on this map by sniping F!Morgan, the archer and the sword. It was a nice touch to leave the last enemy for Tiki, she was so close to getting the kill! 

@Anacybele That was a pretty clever clear! I got kinda worried when you left Kaze in the archer range but he managed to tough it out and deal a devasting blow in return. F!Robin dealing with F!Morgan was very fitting, and tanking the wyvern rider was impressive. L!Ike and Silas may not have done much on this map but it's easy to see they are pretty beastly under the right cirumstances.

@Landmaster Awakening vs Fates children. What a nice theme! Your M!Kana is certainly a force to be reckoned with, he would probably be able to solo the map on his own! The others did their fair share to help clear the map smoothly but I couldn't help but be more focused on how Kana was able to deal so much damage despite LB's low Mt.

Haha, I wouldn't worry about Eirika. She was enjoying a long earned vacation with Ephraim and Lyon at Aether Resort, she needs a rest every so often but she'll be back for the Mythic battle.

@mampfoid 1 turn themed clear, now that's something else! There's not a lot to be said considering your units are so swift to clear every map they face. 

To be honest I'm not the biggest GF fan in heroes for some reason, I love to abuse the skill in Awakening but here I feel better going with tanking strats instead of full blown offense.

@Zeo Now that's a trip through nostalgia lane. Doing 3 clears can be very taxing but it is nice to see them all the same. 

Matt has become a beast, he doesn't even need an offensive special to deal tons of damage! I can also see the super expensive SI he's got there, Special Spiral is a pretty devasting skill and it'll certainly come in handy for future content. I'd like to see how he'll fare against the next Abyssal battle (I just hope it won't be like Naga's, that one was too easy for Abyssal standards). 

Morgan doesn't fall behind, while being squishier he makes the most out of it by enabling those teleporting shenanigans his team's been known for the longest time. He practically destroyed the map by himself and left his female counterpart for Amelia to handle as a prize for tanking that annoying mage. 

That Tactician clear gave me serious Awakening flashbacks all the way to how each unit worked. In my runs it's always the 2nd gen GF boys and the girls that do all the job while the other guys end up as stat sticks with a brave weapon for support. M!Robin got a little sidelined while the others decimated most of the map but his support abilities were certainly appreciated. M!Morgan took most of the spotlight but that's to be expected considering how much of a beast you've made him.

@mcsilas That's quite a lot of clears! Matters not, each one is a lot of fun to watch so they all deserve a unique comment!

Using the other Awakening kids is really fitting. I'm a little salty at Owain because he pity broke me on the summer banner with a meh nature but I can't deny how great he is as a unit and his voice lines are very fun to listen to. It was crazy how you got Brady to live at 1 Hp as soon as the map began, but afterwards everything fell into place and the clear became very smooth with each member of the team doing their part. I wonder if IS plans to ever release the OG versions of the seasonal exclusive units anytime soon, Shigure shows that they'll do it one day but that "when" can be worrying. 

That fallen clear was so close! The Morgans really put up a fight against their masters but in the end they fell against the might of the breath of ruin just like the 1st gen in the Future Past. Seeing the Grimas survive at super low Hp was the highlight in this clear, and it got crazier when M!Grima only took 1 dmg from the archer. 

The Avatar kid clear was very nice to see. Personally I'm more fond of the Morgans than the Kanas but it was nice seeing them work together to beat the map, the Kanas did most of the tanking while the Morgans provided support in the form of mobility and buffs/debuffs. Overall everyone did a good job in making the clear go smoothly. 

And last but not least, the clear screams "Leave strategy to the true tacticians kids". Every move was very precise, perfectly fitting for such a tactical team. I hope IS releases Bastian soon so he can joy the team despite being more on the cheery side of the spectrum compared to how serious the others are.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

To be honest I'm not the biggest GF fan in heroes for some reason, I love to abuse the skill in Awakening but here I feel better going with tanking strats instead of full blown offense.

I played Heroes first, but I still was disappointed by Heroes' GF when I learned you could GF more often in Awakening. A dark Flyer Cordelia who could switch weapons and GF multiple times would break this game though.

@mampfoid Oh Galeforce was pretty brokenly fun in Awakening. Inheriting it to the children broke the game, but ironically Yarne normally can't learn it (and Nah can with specific fathers, but can't learn it in FEH). They sort of balanced it in Fates where it only activates if the user defeats a unit by themselves only.

@Alexmender Aww sorry to hear the pitybreaker Owain 😞At least +Spd is a good boon to play around with, and Wrath true damage can help out. Yeah really hope they have normal versions, but I guess for some of the more recent out-of-nowhere alts like Wolt, Tanith and Sigrun it would be a really long wait, if ever 😞

Greil with Urvan when?

Also speaking of GF, I kind of want to do a Galeforce Owain at some point with the special cooldown Missiletain effect.

Also yes to Bastian! Wonder if he'll be a dagger unit instead of mage though lol..(green dagger to reference wind magic?). He might be in a fun team of 'colorful' characters like Owain/Odin and Arthur.

14 hours ago, Alexmender said:

That was a pretty clever clear! I got kinda worried when you left Kaze in the archer range but he managed to tough it out and deal a devasting blow in return. F!Robin dealing with F!Morgan was very fitting, and tanking the wyvern rider was impressive. L!Ike and Silas may not have done much on this map but it's easy to see they are pretty beastly under the right cirumstances.

Oh, thanks. ^^ Yeah, I loved how fitting that was. XD I wasn't sure Kaze was going to survive that either, but I somehow hadn't picked up that his Atk Smoke debuffed the bow flier first. lol And yeah, I still love those two guys anyway despite that they didn't do much this time! Silas is now +10 as well!

8 hours ago, mcsilas said:

They sort of balanced it in Fates where it only activates if the user defeats a unit by themselves only.

I thought they killed in Fates by bundling it to DLC item? (Never played Fates myself)

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I thought they killed in Fates by bundling it to DLC item? (Never played Fates myself)

Only inasmuch as it was simply included if you bought all three routes. I think most people (at least most serious players) eventually did, so you can assume most Fates players are familiar with it.