Bound Hero Battle: Morgan & Morgan

mcsilas

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Only inasmuch as it was simply included if you bought all three routes. I think most people (at least most serious players) eventually did, so you can assume most Fates players are familiar with it.

@daisy jane explained it to me once in detail. I only remember I didn't like how fishy they treated my favorite skill. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/23/2019 at 1:16 AM, mampfoid said:

I played Heroes first, but I still was disappointed by Heroes' GF when I learned you could GF more often in Awakening. A dark Flyer Cordelia who could switch weapons and GF multiple times would break this game though.

Well, it's more like you can move 3 times max if you pair two units with GF (or you can technically have 4 moves if you use 2 units with GF that are paired with another 2 different guys). A funny thing is that Cordy isn't all that great as a GF user in Awakening because her classes lean more towards tanking instead of full offense, she only has access to Vengeance/Sol when stuff like Luna/Astra is more desirable but she makes up for it by having Armsthrift which gave her unlimited uses on whatever weapon she's using. 

The only thing more broken than GF was Pair Up, I don't know if it was an oversight from IS but in Awakening you could pair up units with Brave weapons and for each hit the main unit did the one in the back would deal two and if the main one was fast enough to do a x4 that would end up as 12 hits total which is absolutely disgusting. Stuff like that makes me glad that Heroes is a lot more balanced despite the heavy reliance on specials it has.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:04 AM, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Zeo @Nanima @daisy jane @Ginko @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents-

I know I already did a few videos, but I finally promoted some new units and the theme/timing was right to do these clears while the BHB was still up.

Firstly, is an Avatar Kids clear! Kanas and Morgans vs enemy Morgans!

Team is neutral Male Kana, +HP/-Res Female Kana, +Spd/-Res Male Morgan and +Atk/-Spd Female Morgan

Music is Taiyo High School Rooftop from Rival Schools: United by Fate soundtrack

-Fun fact, Female Morgan has the same Res as the enemy Female Morgan, so I had to give her a little Res boost (plus Draw Back from a Nino, an important move later) so she could ploy her shadow self. Her mobility made sure her Ploys supported the other MC kids.

-Speaking of support, I finally promoted Male Morgan in this account. Male Morgan's debuffs really help the Kanas survive, especially with their Water Breaths.

-Male Kana tanks all the things with Double Brazens, and warps around to quickly delete the squishy mages, He did need a little Goad Dragons boost from his female self against the green mage though.

----

Next is a Tactician Clear!

Team is +Spd/-HP Male Robin, +Atk/-Spd Innes, +Spd/-Def Soren and +Atk/-Def Katarina

Music is Drive-in theater form Rival Schools: United by Fate

-Featuring Soren who finally promoted after all this time (kind of need more Green mages with decent Res). With the Distant Def, he had just enough stats to tank Iceberg, and even ignore F!Morgan's normal attack! The Chill Atk debuff also helps the team out.

-These tacticians really like owltome/bond effects, and they work out in a tight map like this. Lots of times where Katarina/Innes just needed a little boost in Atk/Spd, so Drive Atk/Spd was perfect for the Sacred Seals for team support. The Drives also help offset the debuffs from Grima's Truth, gaining some stats back when facing multiple units.

-Katarina's Spd Smoke was important since after Grima's Truth, Katarina gets defeated by the green mage's special (her debuffed Spd would let him double). Again, Drive support helped gained some stats back from the debuff.

-To be honest Male Robin didn't need Bowbreaker, I just wanted him to finish with his famous special quote. Fun fact, if I equipped TA3 and Bowbreaker, the flier ignores him and knocks out Innes instead, hence no A skill from Robin this time.

Kana is best boy, tanking that Iceberg. M!Morgan didn’t even need Skills to oneshot the Axe Flier. I love how the Morgans just abandoned the Kanas but looks like they were fine on their own, F!Kana ended up being super tanky there. Did I mention M!Kana is the bestest boy?~ 3:30 was the best part with everyone saying “OK”

The Tacticians clearly showed who was superior this time around. Soren really ended up being the wall for the team with the supper he was getting. This map has a lot of fliers, good thing Innes was around. Exact damage kill was clutch.

8 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Did I mention M!Kana is the bestest boy?~ 3:30 was the best part with everyone saying “OK”

He's one tanky boy. Also yay someone noticed that funny OK exchange with the whole team.

Yeah exact damage on the end was really funny, too. My original clear had Robin without Bowbreaker, so he didn't have Bonfire charged and he had TA3 equipped, and he would do the exact HP to end the bow flier after Innes does his own exact HP kill.

I know I’m super late on these sorry!

@Alexmender That is one scary Myrrh! She shrugged off that Iceberg and Hammer like they were nothing.

@Nanima Very nice! Great use of vantage and that pitybreaker (at least it was something useful!)

@mampfoid I love that you managed a theme clear here, and I feel like it’s a little funny that Corderlia took out both the Morgans. Maybe Chrom will get to do something fighting some day.

Nothing really special for my main group, though it’s the first time Cherche has ever needed Draw Back

My beast/dragon team was a lot of fun here, especially getting to really use Leanne as a fighter. Still nothing for Corrin to do, but maybe next time.

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

Nothing really special for my main group, though it’s the first time Cherche has ever needed Draw Back

She needed it even twice! More surprising that Marisa was unemployed this time. 

2 hours ago, kirauza343 said:

My beast/dragon team was a lot of fun here, especially getting to really use Leanne as a fighter. Still nothing for Corrin to do, but maybe next time

Oh wow, Leanne is really great here. Tanking F!Morgan's special and getting two kills. Nailah tanking/killing that green mage was not to be expected as well. Thought Idunn would take care of the other Morgan, since she likes to be debuffed. 

Congrats on both clears! 

• 7 months later...

@mampfoid @Landmaster @Zeo @daisy jane @Ginko @Alexmender @SatsumaFSoysoy @NegativeExponents- @DLNarshen

So this BHB came out after a Morgan's new weapon so I just had to do a clear.

Team is +Atk/-Spd Female Morgan, +Atk +1 Female Kana, +Atk/-HP Nah and +Atk/-HP Selkie

Music is Psycho Sonic Trip from the King of Fighters 1999

- Morgan flexes her Tactic skills by getting everyone to use Tactics on Nah with Bonus Doubler.  Speaking of Nah, it's actually kind of amazing how the swordie still manages to deal 2 damage on Nah though. Even with +Atk she needed a little boost from Kana's Goad Dragons against the mage later

- Selkie's debuffs help survivability, and as much as I wanted a F!Morgan vs F!Morgan showdown to show off her new weapon and having more Res than her, enemy Morgan needed to go ASAP thanks to Selkie. Couldn't really do that with the bow flier still around, so Morgan had to settle with fighting against her male counterpart with her cool new tome instead.

Also revisited this with the Elises

Support from Sakura was really clutch here, this one was a bit tricker than I expected~

On 3/5/2020 at 8:54 PM, mcsilas said:

So this BHB came out after a Morgan's new weapon so I just had to do a clear.

Team is +Atk/-Spd Female Morgan, +Atk +1 Female Kana, +Atk/-HP Nah and +Atk/-HP Selkie

Music is Psycho Sonic Trip from the King of Fighters 1999

- Morgan flexes her Tactic skills by getting everyone to use Tactics on Nah with Bonus Doubler.  Speaking of Nah, it's actually kind of amazing how the swordie still manages to deal 2 damage on Nah though. Even with +Atk she needed a little boost from Kana's Goad Dragons against the mage later

- Selkie's debuffs help survivability, and as much as I wanted a F!Morgan vs F!Morgan showdown to show off her new weapon and having more Res than her, enemy Morgan needed to go ASAP thanks to Selkie. Couldn't really do that with the bow flier still around, so Morgan had to settle with fighting against her male counterpart with her cool new tome instead.

NAAAAAH! Ah, the daughters are having a girl’s day out~ M!Morgan seems a bit mad he wasn’t invited and is out for revenge~ Unfortunately doesn’t save him and Evil Morgan from doing down to the girlies, they handled it with relative ease~

@mcsilas Cute clear. It was funny watching everyone's health get chopped away in the EP except for Nah and then have her go "I am SO strong!" directly after. F!Morgan was window dressing for most of the clear but played a crucial role with Tactics buffs and got the decisive kill in the end. Also watched one of your older clears that I saw. M!Kana is a great tank with double brazens but F!Kana did a pretty great job too. I wonder who'd be a good candidate for double Brazen DEF/RES when the seal eventually gets released...

@Landmaster Really menacing music for a really fast clear. I know from the use of Miracle that the clear took a bit of doing to get done, but the Elises certainly made it look like a cakewalk. S!Elise takes a lot of punishment for a squishy mage I have to say. It's impressive for a Gen 1 seasonal.

No desire to revisit this map for me. I could have had Serra laugh at it but I didn't see the point. Not unless I could do something fun and I'm currently too indecisive as I continue to sit on my ever growing compendium of unused premium fodder.

• 5 months later...

Apparently the previous version of this clear was still on my mind and I just realized I could have saved myself that DB3 SI on Hardin... Oh well, Hardin gets a new toy to play with.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

• 2 weeks later...