Normal vs Hard Mode

Does anyone have any information on any specific differences between the normal and hard mode of three houses? I would like to play on hard mode because I want to play every route on hard at least. If i start on normal I will feel like i need to play each route on normal and then hard which i may not have the time for, because we have yet no info on what to expect gameplay wise in the war phase. 

From what i see so far in the combat, it really looks like it is harder to follow-up attack in three houses. Basically double enemies

Maybe its from footage of hard mode which we may not be aware off or the possibility that the player just didn't train these characters and these they can easily be killed in battle.

I maybe over exaggerating since i have played most of the fire emblem games on the hardest difficulty so hard mode won't be as frustrating as I believe it will be. But those were from first playing the game on normal and the only game i have played that i skipped straight too hard mode was echoes.

2 hours ago, IzzyFresh said:

If you are experienced with the series, Normal will be a cakewalk for you. Reviewers are notorious for over-stating difficulty, so if they say that normal mode is easy, that means its EASY.

This. Hell, apparently some are even saying Hard mode is still pretty easy, so I'm hoping Lunatic is a thing.

1 hour ago, Alexios Blake said:

You will probably have to start with normal for one route to unlock the hard difficulty.

No, Hard is there by default. If there's anything above it, e.g. Lunatic, then that would have to be unlocked.

Just now, Cravaticus said:

do we know yet if it has lunatic?

We don't. It's not a default option, so if it's in the base game, it'll be unlocked through beating Hard. 

If it isn't, it could be included in future updates/DLC.

6 hours ago, IzzyFresh said:

If you are experienced with the series, Normal will be a cakewalk for you. Reviewers are notorious for over-stating difficulty, so if they say that normal mode is easy, that means its EASY.

makes me feel kinda bad for all those reviewers who did Radiant Dawn back in the day with it's mislabeled difficulties

1 hour ago, iavasechui said:

There is a free update listed in dlc waves that might be hard mode is its not there by default...

is this true, I haven't looked into it so that might suck for a some of people

not for me though, I like to do my first playthrough on normal, and up the difficulty on each playthrough

5 hours ago, Alexios Blake said:

You will probably have to start with normal for one route to unlock the hard difficulty.

Aside from Lunatic+ in Awakening, we haven't had to unlock a higher difficulty in this series since Radiant Dawn. So I really doubt this.

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

Aside from Lunatic+ in Awakening, we haven't had to unlock a higher difficulty in this series since Radiant Dawn. So I really doubt this.

I have a feeling that they are going to make higher difficult DLC or a latter update. If lunatic is in the game I am not sure why they didn't make available from the start. 

Didn't someone who got to play FE16 early confirm that there will be a third difficultly mode you unlock after you defeat hard mode? Or did I make that up in my mind? 

Anyway, I'm conflicted....apart of me wants to go hard mode becasue I worry easy mode might be too easy, but I also worry hard mode might be too hard lmao...I just hope it won't be anything like FE13 here. 

Edited by Rose482

3 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Didn't someone who got to play FE16 early confirm that there will be a third difficultly mode you unlock after you defeat hard mode? Or did I make that up in my mind? 

Anyway, I'm conflicted....apart of me wants to go hard mode becasue I worry easy mode might be too easy, but I also worry hard mode might be too hard lmao...I just hope it won't be anything like FE13 here. 

...You made that up in your mind. 😛 But it's not too unlikely a scenario. 

37 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:
3 hours ago, Rose482 said:

...You made that up in your mind. 😛 But it's not too unlikely a scenario. 

Actually there was someone, Playeressence i think? He said there was lunatic but denied it later iirc.

If you''ve played at least a couple of fire emblem games, I think going Hard/Classic is the right decision in this one, except if you really want to rush the story(since it looks pretty good in this one), then go normal. As for Lunatic, it's either unlockable or will be added in a future update. The DLC schedule mentions two free updates, one containing the Lunatic Mode is very likely.

The main deciding factor for me deciding between normal and hard is whether or not this game has ambush reinforcements. Awakening did not have them in normal mode, but did on hard mode and above. If Three Houses does the same thing, I will start with normal mode because I don't like ambush reinforcements, even if the game becomes painfully easy as a result.

On 7/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, iavasechui said:

There is a free update listed in dlc waves that might be hard mode is its not there by default...

We already know Hard is there by default. One of the Polygon reviewers did an AMA on Reddit where they told people to start with Hard if they had played a Fire Emblem game before, as Normal was really easy to them.

Edit: The reviewer was from Polygon, not Kotaku. My bad.

Edited by carpirate

21 minutes ago, carpirate said:

We already know Hard is there by default. One of the Kotaku reviewers did an AMA on Reddit where they told people to start with Hard if they had played a Fire Emblem game before, as Normal was really easy to them.

I know I meant lunatic XD

1 hour ago, carpirate said:

We already know Hard is there by default. One of the Kotaku reviewers did an AMA on Reddit where they told people to start with Hard if they had played a Fire Emblem game before, as Normal was really easy to them.

Really! Can you link that page?