Normal vs Hard Mode

44 minutes ago, Lord of Riva said:

This is about the writing, now I am worried.

He was awfully vague when asked for further details. So it sounds like he meant "the way the story progress is similar to Fate" and didn't mean it in a negative way.

So no need for alarm : we already have evidence that the story is going to be better than Awakening & Fate just from the world-building alone.

Edited by Modirufa6317

1 hour ago, Modirufa6317 said:

He was awfully vague when asked for further details. So it sounds like he meant "the way the story progress is similar to Fate" and didn't mean it in a negative way.

So no need for alarm : we already have evidence that the story is going to be better than Awakening & Fate just from the world-building alone.

He says in another comment that he liked Conquest and Birthright's stories and considers 3 Houses on the same level. The comment does fill me with a certain amount of trepidation. What if other journos also like Fates' story and writing? Have we actually had someone come out and say, "Yeah, Fates was some hot garbage, but this is the real deal" or something to that effect? Or have we all just assumed that because we (generally speaking) consider Fates' story bad, journos do too?

1 hour ago, Weanus said:

He says in another comment that he liked Conquest and Birthright's stories and considers 3 Houses on the same level. The comment does fill me with a certain amount of trepidation. What if other journos also like Fates' story and writing? Have we actually had someone come out and say, "Yeah, Fates was some hot garbage, but this is the real deal" or something to that effect? Or have we all just assumed that because we (generally speaking) consider Fates' story bad, journos do too?

Maybe the Engadget one? They mentioned Fates a few times.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the game Fates should have been.

The setup is somewhat similar to Fates, but your role in the story is very different.

Where Fates often felt rushed, Three Houses takes its time. If you get to know the characters properly through the explore system, every decision they make is mostly logical, even when you don't see a twist coming.

2 hours ago, Modirufa6317 said:

I'm still optimistic but that was a negative moment for sure. Not that it matters, i have yet to resist playing a FE game *shrug*

I Agree that the World Building looks way better and that it's not too cheesy. I'm starting to get too old for enjoying school settings *sigh*

11 hours ago, twistedxgrace said:

I don't like ambush reinforcements

Yes. As much as I like challenge, these can feel a bit unfair and just force you to be overly cautious rather than thinking strategically. Or check guides for reinforcement turns. I'm fine with it if there's a good enough hint though, such as a comment from the boss. Then I can least move far away so that they cannot reach my units within the first turn. I can't remember whether Awakening had that, but some of the earlier games did anyway.

2 hours ago, Siskan said:

Yes. As much as I like challenge, these can feel a bit unfair and just force you to be overly cautious rather than thinking strategically. Or check guides for reinforcement turns. I'm fine with it if there's a good enough hint though, such as a comment from the boss. Then I can least move far away so that they cannot reach my units within the first turn. I can't remember whether Awakening had that, but some of the earlier games did anyway.

Varied a bit. You were typically warned that reinforcements were incoming and roughly where from, but rarely what type were coming. Then you have shit like the Mila tree.

Well i may start on Hard mode just because if normal lets you grind stuff I'm going to do it because i love grinding. Which will make normal so frigging easy i feel like it will somehow cheapen the experience. So if hard doesn't have those extra options for experience and such I'll definitely do my first playthrough hard (and to unlock lunatic if it's not available off jumpstreet)

I'm probably going to play on hard mode. On that note, does anybody know whether this game does ambush spawns on hard mode like was the case in Awakening and the DS games?