So who's the TRUE antagonist? Game Theory time.

6 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Big twist: Big Bad of game will be Evil Dragon! 

Yeah the question is less "who's the true villain" and more "who's the one with the Evil Dragon inside them?".

That aside I'm betting it'll be Seiros in some capacity. With what's shown so far there's something really off about her, and it would be a cool twist if we were manipulated and Nemesis was the good guy all along. Maybe the part showing us fight him could be more of an "I'm testing your strength" kinda thing seeing how as we do unlock more powers from The Sword of Creation later on from the looks of things.

It would be interesting if their was no 'real' antagonist, just a bunch of people with different viewpoints and beliefs who clashed, and depending on which House you pick, you get drawn to one side or another. For example, if you picked Black Eagles, you end up on Seiros's side, whereas the Blue Lions side with Nemesis's point of view and so on. 

But yeah, it's probably going to be the same evil dragon in every route.

Something tells me that the antagonist shifts depending on which house you choose so that your house is always the good guys no matter what. For instance in the Black Eagles story the church is corrupt and becomes the antagonist, but in the Blue Lions story the church is not corrupt and the Nightcrawlers are given more focus as the antagonist. Not that I think this is a particularly good set up(in fact I personally think it's lazy writing), but it's just my gut feeling. Why come to a conclusion based on actual evidence when you can just spew out crazy nonsensical conspiracy theories am I right?

My theory is that the church is authoritarian Evil, and the Flame Emperor and his buddies (Death Knight and Those Who Slither) are anarchist evil.