Gautier Hero Relic Spotted

11 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

In this spanish preview we see not only the portrait and class of who I PRESUME to be Sylvain's brother, but also what the Gautier Hero Relic looks like. It is VERY easy to miss, but I took the best screenshot I could.

Hide contents

gautierbro.jpg

My boy Sylvain's gonna have a harpoon soon.

I'm actually really happy with the designs of the hero relics so far. I was worried because they all seem to be made of bone, and may therefore have slightly redundant designs. It seems like there will be good design variety even among shared weapon types.

35 minutes ago, Disclaimer said:

Good catch! According to one of the previews, his name is Miklan:

Screen_Shot_2019-07-14_at_8.34.57_PM.png

He's also been disowned by his family for not having a crest. That's pretty harsh.

Edit: Woah ok. So I don't know if this has been said before but apparently Rhea:

Spoiler

Has a radical idea of punishing those who go against the church with death.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

He's also been disowned by his family for not having a crest. That's pretty harsh.

Suddenly I understand why Edelgard dislike the social system build around Crests, especially consider the rumor about her background.

Btw, do you guys think we will gather a few of Hero Relics prior to skip?

That Chapter 9 mission with Flayn and Seteth mentions artifacts, while Flayn yelling at enemy "Let Mother rest!" I have feeling it's another relic. (and if true, would prove my theory that relic were made out of the goddess)

1 hour ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I mean, her bio DID mention "passing strict judgement".

Lol. I thought about that and also the fact that Nintendo themselves said the church was bad after I posted but I mean to be fair, she is also rumored to be one of the w/w options so I figured if that was true she couldn't possibly be as bad as she was made out to be.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

26 minutes ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Does anyone else think that the hero relics are made from the goddess I mean think about it Sword of the CREATOR the goddess 

Yeah I believe so especially with Seiros talking/caressing to the Sword.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, EdelgardHresvelgTargaryen said:

Does anyone else think that the hero relics are made from the goddess I mean think about it Sword of the CREATOR the goddess 

In the chapter 9 video, Seteth talks about protecting "holy artifacts", while Flayn yelled at enemies "Let Mother rest". Makes me believe such artifacts are dragon weapons made out of the goddess.

As we're allied with the Church; the Hero Relics will probably be frowned upon due to the means of their creation; but we pick up them when we eventually find out that Nemesis was right all along.

19 hours ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I mean, her bio DID mention "passing strict judgement".

That's not really judgment though, it sounds like fanaticism at worst and Knight Templar as best.
You don't murder kill someone who simply go agaisnt the church if you truly are a 'kind person', of course, going 'agaisnt the church' can mean many things, but Reah's bio seems to imply she's not that nice.

...actually it does make sense from a medieval perspective, you go against the church at the time, there's no questions asked, you gonna have bad time.

In other news, I did not knew that the Legendary Harpoon was in the game... but the coral is lacking. 😛
(Now let's do the Gendo pose and see who's gonna get that reference.)