There is a 4th Route

2 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

For example when the main theme was titled "Young Maiden from Hresvleg" people, including me got a bit mad at the favouritism. But recently we've seen the same song titled "Edge of Dawn", so it's likely the former name was just for the song' release with the artist, or maybe it is the name of the song in Japan.

Maiden of Hresvelgr is the Japanese title. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I really hope there's a route with some sort of unity (even if its only temporary) between the three main lords. I really liked the idea of Revelations (uniting opposing characters I had grown to love over two separate paths to fight a common enemy) even if the execution was wonky. I'd totally be okay with Edelgard bias if her second route gave a scenario where she teams up with Dimitri and Claude for a plot fight or two.

15 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Wonder what's the context, and who's "you" here.

He hasn't even reached 5 years yet already have to make choices.

I think it's pretty safe to say Edelgard is talking to Byleth.

I just hope there'll be enough context before this kind of decision, it must be clear what the implications are for the choice.

I'm glad though that this

Spoiler

isn't the Charisma related thing, linking a branching path to a stat would've been a bit too much. I hope it's a minor thing, otherwise we'll feel pressured to raise Char asap and forget everything else.

Spoiler

"I must stay" will most likely be the option where you end up in a duel with Edelgard at the end of the game; meanwhile "I'll go with you" allies yourself with Edelgard and most likely let's her conquest unfold.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:
  Hide contents

"I must stay" will most likely be the option where you end up in a duel with Edelgard at the end of the game; meanwhile "I'll go with you" allies yourself with Edelgard and most likely let's her conquest unfold.

Spoiler

I actually doubt dueling was the end. It's more likely the mid point. Byleth's hair was still mint green in the trailer, compared to pure white when he fought Nemesis.

Spoiler

Judging from the options I'd guess the fourth route involves staying on as a professor and a subordinate of the church, rather than the "standard" of leaving alongside your graduating class. This is something that would easily apply to all three house choices, too.

Just now, Arachnofiend said:
  Hide contents

Judging from the options I'd guess the fourth route involves staying on as a professor and a subordinate of the church, rather than the "standard" of leaving alongside your graduating class. This is something that would easily apply to all three house choices, too.

Spoiler

This is likely, I think. Shamir's profile showing she's still under service of the Church. So the Resistance Army might actually fighting for the Church.

Another possibility is that this is not the actual 4th route split point, reviewers states there were several times in second act you have to make choices. This might just be one of the minor splits.

1 hour ago, Timlugia said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is likely, I think. Shamir's profile showing she's still under service of the Church. So the Resistance Army might actually fighting for the Church.

Another possibility is that this is not the actual 4th route split point, reviewers states there were several times in second act you have to make choices. This might just be one of the minor splits.

Spoiler

Latest screenshot from leaks shows that Shamir is still on Byleth's side in the battle, even though Flayn and Catherine are on the opposing side, so either she defects or the situation is more complicated.

There are only a couple of things I wanna know about the 4th route:

Is it available for every house, and if so, is it the same across all houses?

Is it a better/more complete ending than the others or just yet another way for the story to go?

I don't wanna know any actual story details, just those things. Hopefully there'll be answers before the game is out. It might affect which house I start with.

5 hours ago, Onestep said:
  Hide contents

Latest screenshot from leaks shows that Shamir is still on Byleth's side in the battle, even though Flayn and Catherine are on the opposing side, so either she defects or the situation is more complicated.

Spoiler

This is strange to me, since Shamir's profile says she's personally loyal to Rhea rather than the church.

I didn't see Rhea in the group so far, I feel like that she's the enemy in the final act 1 map. So what makes Shamir choose to betray Rhea?

20 minutes ago, Weanus said:

Is it a better/more complete ending than the others or just yet another way for the story to go?

I don't wanna know any actual story details, just those things. Hopefully there'll be answers before the game is out. It might affect which house I start with.

BE exclusive. Paths split at part 2.  The 4th path and BE path are basically like Birthright/Conquest

Edited by redlight

1 minute ago, redlight said:

BE exclusive. Paths split at part 2. It's basically like Fates

Do you mean it's a Revelations kind of deal? (so "get all the characters everyone is happy"?)

Edited by timon

5 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

Where did you find out it's BE exclusive? 

Because it only occurs there.

Spoiler

Edelgard seems to want to end the church or something. You either side with her or side against her. You either lose or obtain new allies based on your decision.

As for who you can get by siding with Edelgard

Spoiler

Death Knight aids you in defeating the church

And who you lose by siding with her

Spoiler

Flayn is devoted to the church so she'll stand in your way

12 minutes ago, timon said:

Do you mean it's a Revelations kind of deal? (so "get all the characters everyone is happy"?)

Spoiler

I meant as in pick a side. You'll face a similar situation as Birthright/Coqnuest

6 minutes ago, Modirufa6317 said:

But there's nothing even suggesting that the choice doesn't/can't happen in the other houses.

Remember that most reviewers are playing on BE's path.

Spoiler

Thani said it only happens in BE.

Well I'm fucking sad

Spoiler

I like Flayn and I absolutely love Rhea, but I also want to side with the Empire because Edelgard is cool. They just made this choice harder than choosing the house for me sigh.

Also I guess we'd lose Shamir as well? And by consequence Cyril?

I hope not though, that would make going "pure" Black Eagles simply detrimental (I'd imagine the students would follow you whatever you do, except Edel and Hubert).

Edited by timon

14 minutes ago, timon said:

Well I'm fucking sad

Hide contents

I like Flayn and I absolutely love Rhea, but I also want to side with the Empire because Edelgard is cool. They just made this choice harder than choosing the house for me sigh.

Also I guess we'd lose Shamir as well? And by consequence Cyril?

I hope not though, that would make going "pure" Black Eagles simply detrimental (I'd imagine the students would follow you whatever you do, except Edel and Hubert).

I am in the exactly same boat with you, I can't make choice now.

There are character I care about on the both side of that path.

I also don't understand

Spoiler

Since Edelgard killed all the church leadership in the first strike, who were they fighting against the next 5 years? Who is Byeth going to face when he returns?

Edited by Timlugia

IDK why anyone would be surprised the waifu is getting the most attention~ Selling waifus has been a thing for years now with FE, didn't know this was new information~ 

That said, so the 4th Route is as we expected and we'll have to pick a side during Edelgard's Route~ I know I'm doing her House last as it is, so the story will likely make my choice with which I go with first between the 2 options~

1 hour ago, Weanus said:

It has to only be available for BE, you can't have a "4th" route across all 3 Houses because you will be over 4 endings. 

As for the other questions, we have no way to know but I doubt either is more Canon ending than the other. It's just a spilt decision like in FE14~