Optimal Class Lines

5 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I'm concerned with the shear difficulty of qualifying for Master Classes, especially for Claude, now that Wyvern Lord also requires C in Lances, according to u/iamRussFrushtick. Upon closer inspection however, E to C only requires 300. Compare this to E to A, which needs 1320. So, I recon that Claude will manage to reach C in lances, by the way of weekday lessons, before the rest of the requirements.

He likely has a personal "Great Lord" masterclass that uses a Wyvern if the thani leaks are to be believed. May not have to worry about Lances at all.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that the Lords classes are allowed magic, at least Edelgard as she has hidden talents, and I really, really want Edelgard as an axe mage, considering the Black Eagles are supposedly the "magic focused" nation. Maybe she'll have armour as well (hopefully not a ridiculous one like Fortress Knight) so we'd have our Baron.

Edited by timon

23 minutes ago, timon said:

I hope that the Lords classes are allowed magic, at least Edelgard as she has hidden talents, and I really, really want Edelgard as an axe mage, considering the Black Eagles are supposedly the "magic focused" nation. Maybe she'll have armour as well (hopefully not a ridiculous one like Fortress Knight) so we'd have our Baron.

I could see her profociencies and skill requirements to unlock the class being Axe; Armour; Authority but we get a "this class can use magic" thing in the description similar to Dancer and Noble/Commoner.

On 7/15/2019 at 6:27 PM, IzzyFresh said:

We already know Flayn has a strength in Lance and Faith, so for her a Holy Knight seems like a no brainer.

For Linhardt, since Dark Bishop counts as a "unique" class, not an advanced class, I'd argue he should be a Dark Bishop to take advantage of his dual magic strength.

Let's hope Flayn is good at riding, too!  (or at least not bad at it...)

Just made some more updates to my spreadsheet.  If there's any advantage at all that Infantry Master classes have over mounted ones, it's that they're overall easier to reach.  Many characters have Mortal Savant as their recommended Master tier class, probably due to it having the lowest recommendations of them all.

The difference in WEXP gain between weak, normal, and strong proficiencies is 50% for attacking and instruction and about 14% for weekday lessons.  Therefore my guess is that characters with a strong proficiency in some Skill gain about 40% more WEXP in that Skill overall, while characters with a weak proficiency in that Skill gain about 40% less.  As for Budding Talents, I believe those will increase WEXP gain in a Skill by about 20% with no weakness beforehand, while having a weakness beforehand will make WEXP gain about normal.  Don't Budding Talents eventually become strengths with enough training?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

Spoiler

There are unique Lord classes, most details not yet spoiled (but I haven't been delving too deep in the spoilers, just costumes/class things).

Armor Lord for Edelgard (Proficiencies unknown, but three are easy guesses)
Enlightened One for Byleth (Proficient in Sword, Fist, Faith, and Authority)
Claude and Dimitri promotions are unknown to me.

Class things, no story elements unless class names are something you don't want. Good to know to plan for your Lords (two out of four Lords accounted for).

Spoiler

All the lords seem to promote from story events, and the three house leaders even have 2

Edelgard has Armored Lord-> Emperor

Dimitri has High Lord -> Great Lord

Claude has Wyvern Lord -> Barbarossa

21 hours ago, Anthoxanthin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

All the lords seem to promote from story events, and the three house leaders even have 2

Edelgard has Armored Lord-> Emperor

Dimitri has High Lord -> Great Lord

Claude has Wyvern Lord -> Barbarossa

Spoiler

Actually it's Wyvern Master

Spoiler

Hmmm...  I'm guessing Armored Lord, High Lord, and Wyvern Master are all Advanced classes, while Enlightened One, Emperor, Great Lord, and Barbarossa are Master classes.

Hopefully I can figure out all their proficiencies.  So far Enlightened One is the only class I've seen with FOUR specialties (Sword, Brawling, Faith, Authority).

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:
  Hide contents

If Emperor doesn't use magic Imma be maaaaaaaad.

If they don't allow it that talent will be such a huge bait omg, especially because

Spoiler

I imagine Dimitri and Claude will be able to make good use of their hidden talents in their classes.

1 minute ago, timon said:

If they don't allow it that talent will be such a huge bait omg, especially because

Hide contents

I imagine Dimitri and Claude will be able to make good use of their hidden talents in their classes.

Especially as Edel's Talent gives her Black Magic Crit +10; which is a really good skill I don't wanna waste when 

Spoiler

I make her an Emperor.

So apparently (not sure)

Spoiler

Dimitri's final class gets a horse, but the advanced is on foot. Going by this there's hope for our magical queen right? I mean riding is dimitri's talent after all.

In the same way I'd guess Claude could get axe proficiency in his final class?

14 minutes ago, timon said:

So apparently (not sure)

Hide contents

Dimitri's final class gets a horse, but the advanced is on foot. Going by this there's hope for our magical queen right? I mean riding is dimitri's talent after all.

In the same way I'd guess Claude could get axe proficiency in his final class?

Spoiler

The description of Great Lord in the text dump does not mention being able to move again after battle so it's infantry. As for Edelgard's, likewise it does not mention being able to being able to use magic.

Thani mentioned Dimitri's class was good in swords, lances and authority. I would imagine that Edelgard and Claude retain their proficiencies from their advanced tiers (axes, authority and heavy armour and bows, authority and flying respectively) in master tier too. 

I'm curious if it's going to end up not being practical to get all of your units to Master Class; it seems very odd to me that iconic classes like the Swordmaster don't have a clear promotion path (closest comparable is the Mortal Savant, which as a magic user is a completely different unit). Is it possible that you really aren't expected to get everyone to the top tier?

The datamined growth rates along with some of the neutral characters' base stats and proficiencies have been added.  Some of the optimal class lines have been revised to take stat spreads into account and not just approximate WEXP costs.

Honestly optimal class line at this point is just giving a sword to everyone and getting that juicy early vantage lmao

But yeah, apart from the joke, I actually switched over three characters to mercenary in my "mental plan" just for that, while before merc was just an inferior thief (unless you really needed that axe). Surely some of these skills could heavily sway the characters' paths, but I'm curious to see how difficult it is to "dip" in a class just for the mastery skill/art.

Also is there even a reason to go regular mage if you're male? Unless dark seals are really restricted the dark mage/dark bishop line seems just better. On the other hand Pegasus are really f-ing busted, should've been an advanced promotion on par with wyverns.

7 minutes ago, timon said:

Also is there even a reason to go regular mage if you're male? Unless dark seals are really restricted the dark mage/dark bishop line seems just better. On the other hand Pegasus are really f-ing busted, should've been an advanced promotion on par with wyverns.

Well, Hanneman already starts as a Mage, so I feel like a Dark Seal would be wasted on him depending on the rarity of Dark Seals and when you get them and Hanneman.

At the end of the day, there's still some missing pieces of the puzzle, and those are class stats/growth rates and stat caps.  Once those are confirmed we'll be able to know how salvageable physical/magical-oriented characters are in opposite-oriented classes.

So a bit circulatory to this topic but do we know what all the skill level abilities are yet? That list on the main page is somewhat small so I think not, otherwise it's pretty underwhelming given previous custom options though I'm almost certainly it's just the nature of keeping things balanced since the rest we can pick off choosing a character's class path. I like how it seems that we can't make any broken combinations and popular skills being tied to certain classes only reinforces that decision, but I'm also in the camp where I'm sad I can't build my busted Galeforce, Dread Fighter, or Swordmaster comps like in other titles.