The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are new stats than in previous FE games (we all know HP, STR, MAG, RES, DEF, etc.) and I can't find an explanation on what they do (aside from authority, which I guess just gives you more power/versatility with commanding your mobs of generics.) I'm especially curious about DEX, but a blurb on each one would be nice. (i.e., "A character's defense is a value which is subtracted from an attacking foe's physical damage dealt.")

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

There are new stats than in previous FE games (we all know HP, STR, MAG, RES, DEF, etc.) and I can't find an explanation on what they do (aside from authority, which I guess just gives you more power/versatility with commanding your mobs of generics.) I'm especially curious about DEX, but a blurb on each one would be nice. (i.e., "A character's defense is a value which is subtracted from an attacking foe's physical damage dealt.")

Dex is the same as Skill in previous games

Edited by firewitch912

4 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'm especially curious about DEX, but a blurb on each one would be nice. (i.e., "A character's defense is a value which is subtracted from an attacking foe's physical damage dealt.")

DEX is the new name for SKL. No idea what CHR and Authority do, though. 

20 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Dexterity - Unit's ability to aim his/her attacks not only to hit the target but also to hit the critical points

2 minutes ago, Ranulfo said:

Can the faculty members such as Shamir, Manuela, etc. support students and each other? Or only Byleth?

A comment from a reviewer in this video implies that Shamir and Petra can have a support. I assume that others can too. Search "Petra" if you want to find it (it's a reply), but the comment is also kind of spoilery, so be warned.

2 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

A comment from a reviewer in this video implies that Shamir and Petra can have a support. I assume that others can too. Search "Petra" if you want to find it (it's a reply), but the comment is also kind of spoilery, so be warned.

Thank you so much! Very interesting. This reviewer has certainly been dropping a lot of good info. I'm glad to know that the faculty will have a chance to be developed further than just their relationship with Byleth.

22 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So far do we know of any Branch of Fate point in the game? Or do I have to create an entirely new save when choosing a different route?

There's only one battle and some cutscenes between the beginning of the game and choosing a house, so there wouldn't be much of a point.

33 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

There's only one battle and some cutscenes between the beginning of the game and choosing a house, so there wouldn't be much of a point.

One battle? That is significantly shorter than I thought than it will be.

So my question is, I was thinking about joining the Red Eagles house and I was wondering if this decision will affect the overall difficulty of the game?

Edited by Smfthegeek

13 minutes ago, Smfthegeek said:

So my question is, I was thinking about joining the Red Eagles house and I was wondering if this decision will affect the overall difficulty of the game?

No, this isn't like Fates where the two games were advertised as being different difficulties. All three houses should have similar levels of difficulty

1 minute ago, firewitch912 said:

No, this isn't like Fates where the two games were advertised as being different difficulties. All three houses should have similar levels of difficulty

Thank god, I hated that they made conquest insanely more difficult than birthright. It never made sense to me!

1 hour ago, Maimishou said:

Is Phoenix Mode back and if not is there something similar to it?

No there's Casual and Classic as modes, and Normal and Hard as difficulties (+ Lunatic unlockable).

Though most reviews (even from not experienced players) say that Normal is very easy, you can get through it without a second thought most of the time.

I have a few questions:

1: Can we change the difficulty mid-playthrough like we could in Fates?

2:  There is a new charm stat. Does it do anything outside of battalion effectiveness? (Does Byleth get any bonuses? Like making it easier to recruit from other houses for example?

3: How do the playable teachers work? Can we train them in new classes and weapons (I'd like to make Shamir a Bow Knight or Assassin but idk if that's possible)

4: I heard somewhere that after the time skip you can't train your students as diversely as your can before. Can anyone confirm this?