The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

7 minutes ago, Tiero said:

I have a few questions:

1: Can we change the difficulty mid-playthrough like we could in Fates?

2:  There is a new charm stat. Does it do anything outside of battalion effectiveness? (Does Byleth get any bonuses? Like making it easier to recruit from other houses for example?

3: How do the playable teachers work? Can we train them in new classes and weapons (I'd like to make Shamir a Bow Knight or Assassin but idk if that's possible)

4: I heard somewhere that after the time skip you can't train your students as diversely as your can before. Can anyone confirm this?

1. I've heard so, but I haven't seen a source so take it with a grain of salt.

2. Some characters (like Ashe, Sylvain, Lorenz, and Dorothea) require Cha to be recruited, and allegedly it is involved in a major story event.

3. Yes, here is some footage with Shamir, Hanneman, and Manuela being taught.

4. I haven't seen anything suggesting this- the little we've seen of post-timeskip gameplay suggests that it mostly works the same.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Tiero said:

I have a few questions:

1: Can we change the difficulty mid-playthrough like we could in Fates?

2:  There is a new charm stat. Does it do anything outside of battalion effectiveness? (Does Byleth get any bonuses? Like making it easier to recruit from other houses for example?

3: How do the playable teachers work? Can we train them in new classes and weapons (I'd like to make Shamir a Bow Knight or Assassin but idk if that's possible)

4: I heard somewhere that after the time skip you can't train your students as diversely as your can before. Can anyone confirm this?

1. Yes, and it works the same. So you can go from hard to normal, but not normal to hard. I'd assume the same is true for classic vs casual, but don't actually know that for sure

Spoiler

Supposedly it has a major effect on the plot at one point. Also it can be raised by succeeding at tea parties

3. You can recruit them similar to recruiting other houses' students. They apparently require levels rather than stats. The class system should apply to all playable characters, though I don't know if the teachers have a more streamlined path or if they need to take exams. Regardless, Shamir's teaching skills being lances and bows implies that she would go naturally as a bow knight.

4. I haven't heard anything about this. In fact, it appears that the diversity increases, at least for Byleth.

Spoiler

An option called advanced training appears, where you can receive training for a skill by anyone who has a higher skill level than you.

6 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

What would a unit's Str/Mag spread to be considered a mixed attacker?

IMO, a good mixed attacker would need their str and mag stats to be near equal at least.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

IMO, a good mixed attacker would need their str and mag stats to be near equal at least.

If you go by base stats at level 1, then that would only capture Lorenz.  However, I think there will be some characters with enough strength/magic for switching from one to the other to be occasionally advantageous.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

How near is near, though? Within 2 points way? No more than 50% more?

I would say a 3 point gap is fine, personally.

9 minutes ago, jewangdebanji said:

If you go by base stats at level 1, then that would only capture Lorenz.  However, I think there will be some characters with enough strength/magic for switching from one to the other to be occasionally advantageous.

I'm not really thinking of base stats. We don't know everyone's growths and whatnot yet, so I can't really give a concrete answer.

My guideline would be..

• A unit is strictly physical if it deals more physical damage on an Armor Knight than magical.
  • A unit is strictly magical if it deals more magical damage on a Priest/Pegasus Knight than physical.
  • Otherwise, it is a somewhat viable mixed attacker.

Ok stupid question, does anyone know lysithea's stats that need to be a certain level im planning to do blavk eagles my first playthrough but i want to have mercedes and lysithea on my team as well.

2 hours ago, Odang77 said:

Ok stupid question, does anyone know lysithea's stats that need to be a certain level im planning to do blavk eagles my first playthrough but i want to have mercedes and lysithea on my team as well.

Magic and Faith.

37 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

A very important question from me. So im going with Dimitri but need to recruit best boi Raphael. Does anyone knows(!) What he needs to be recruited?

Strength and Heavy Armour.

What month does Sir Lonato's rebellion occur? I want to know so I can recruit Ashe before.

What classes should I make the teachers and monastery people (Cyril, Flayn, etc.)? 

Edited by Bk1234

23 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

My guideline would be..

• A unit is strictly physical if it deals more physical damage on an Armor Knight than magical.
  • A unit is strictly magical if it deals more magical damage on a Priest/Pegasus Knight than physical.
  • Otherwise, it is a somewhat viable mixed attacker.

I completely agree with that guideline.

Can we confirm that the levels of recruitable NPCs (students, faculty, knights etc) scale as the story progresses?

If that's true, then Cyril may still function as an Est but instead of levels, it would be skill levels.

It would seem that faculty and knights will have the easiest time to reach Master Classes.

Edited by jewangdebanji
Spelling

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Do we know what do the + mean or the greek letters at the end of weapons?

I could be wrong, but I would guess the + on the end of a weapon would mean it's forged. No idea what Greek letters would mean.

Edited by Shadow Mir

50 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The greek letters could simply be a fancy theme for magics in this game (like how some of Nohrian magic names are straight from norse mythologies)

Edited by Modirufa6317

46 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

It seems likely that the greek letters are used in the same way that they are in other games that use them to refer to levels of magic, with later levels in the alphabet being more powerful. Granted, I could be completely wrong on this, but the spells with higher power levels we've seen have had later alphabetical values associated with them. 

As far as i'm aware it is the 6th month, and since we start in the 4th month, it is technically our 3rd month.

Edit: This was meant to be directed at @Bk1234, I don't know how the quote disappeared. 

Edited by SpiceMan

1. About that charm story thing, how does it impact the story do we know details? As I don't like it when stats and gameplay stuff impact the story. 

2. About the relic weapons, what is unique about them, for example in genealogy they gave tons stats, in the GBA games they gave 5 to one Stat and effectiveness against dragons/monsters and etc. Do they do anything great other than being plot important and having a nice effect like the creator's sword being a 1-2 range? 

9 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

2. About the relic weapons, what is unique about them, for example in genealogy they gave tons stats, in the GBA games they gave 5 to one Stat and effectiveness against dragons/monsters and etc. Do they do anything great other than being plot important and having a nice effect like the creator's sword being a 1-2 range? 

Based on what we know of the Sword of the Creator, they probably have special Combat Arts attached to them (SotC's being 'Ruptured Heaven') and they might also auto-repair slightly if you rest on your free days.