The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Marros said:

Based on what we know of the Sword of the Creator, they probably have special Combat Arts attached to them (SotC's being 'Ruptured Heaven') and they might also auto-repair slightly if you rest on your free days.

Well it could be an awakening falchion situation or that giving them a stone in the middle hole that gines them more power and other effects, because if that's all then I would be disappointed, 

Also could there be relic magics or only physical weapons? My favorite legendary weapons are always the tomes (forseti, apocalypse) 

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

1. About that charm story thing, how does it impact the story do we know details? As I don't like it when stats and gameplay stuff impact the story. 

2. About the relic weapons, what is unique about them, for example in genealogy they gave tons stats, in the GBA games they gave 5 to one Stat and effectiveness against dragons/monsters and etc. Do they do anything great other than being plot important and having a nice effect like the creator's sword being a 1-2 range? 

We know that Byleth's sword have an exclusive combat art (ruptured heaven). So the same may apply to the other hero relics.

Never mind. Forgot to update.

How do you delete your own post?

Edited by Modirufa6317

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Does this video showcase timeskip appearances for the Golden Deer?

*May contain spoilers*

Nevermind the Youtuber is probably using New Game+

Wait, how do you know it's New Game+???

Which bring up another question I have. Do we know any details about New Game+? (Do things from your last playthrough carry over, do you get bonuses, etc)

Edited by Tiero

4 hours ago, timon said:

Also on Hero Relics, they're called "Hero" Relics, does that mean that Black Eagles won't get any? Since their crests are from Saints and not Elites?

I thought about it and I made some interesting observations and came up with a theory about Saints and crests in general. It could be that they will get normal relics if you look at the renown statues you can see them wielding weapons. 

Cichol, lance

Cathelyn, staff (faith perhaps) 

Macuil, either a sword due to what the statue holds or reason due to the outfit with the pointy hat. 

Indech, a bow

If you look at which characters have them and look at their proficiencies and all that then you make a patern. 

Cichol, Ferdinand, with a crest that prevents counter attacks from weapon arts.

Cathelyn, Linhardt, with a crest that raises might of recovery magic

Indech, Bernadetta, whose crest allows attacks from weapons to strike twice when activated

Macuil, none so far but could be the uninherited crest of Hubert or Caspar with the first being more possible as he is proficient with reason and the outfit of the statue does look as a gremory with a hat. So he could be like tailtiu and her house (the character is with us/playable but his family that has crests is not, making the crest of Macuil unobtainable). 

This also gives us an idea of how crests work: They will affect proficiencies. The lords, the protagonist and the Saint descendants all have proficiencies on what we know or speculate will be their weapons with all being D or D+. Also if you check out at Golden Deer's Glouster crest, then you notice that both its holders have reason proficiencies. The problem with this theory is that Lysithea has a weakness in swords and also has Charon blood which has a sword relic (Raitei or thunderbrand as it is called) but she has a budding talent for it so it can be excused. Now they could also affect growths but I am not sure about it.

Also, is it acceptable to also post this in the crest discussion thread? As it is appropriate to go there more. 

Edited by SuperNova125

23 minutes ago, Tiero said:

Wait, how do you know it's New Game+???

Which bring up another question I have. Do we know any details about New Game+? (Do things from your last playthrough carry over, do you get bonuses, etc)

The units are Level 1, but they are wearing their timeskip outfits. Yes.

Edited by Bk1234

8 minutes ago, Tiero said:

Ok, I have another question😅

I noticed that some characters have a + next to their weapon ranks (Like Dimitri Starts with a D+ in Lances instead of just D) What do those mean?

It's the new level system. So instead of going from D --> C, you go D -->D+ --> C

Edited by firewitch912

3 minutes ago, firewitch912 said:

It's the new level system. So instead of going from D --> C, you go D -->D+ --> C

Oh my that's gonna be rough....

Especially if recruiting students from other houses requires like, an A

Edited by Tiero

5 hours ago, timon said:

Also on Hero Relics, they're called "Hero" Relics, does that mean that Black Eagles won't get any? Since their crests are from Saints and not Elites?

I would imagine their Crests would have something as well.

I mean, I'd imagine they had to take into account playthroughs where the player doesn't recruit anyone from other Houses. In such a case, Black Eagles would face a rough time given how many of the 10 Elites are from the other countries. I would be surprised if those who have the crests of the 4 Saints didn't get anything.

41 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Does anyone know exactly how AS is determined in this game?

Unless they're doing something very weird with the formula, it seems to be Speed-(Weight-Strength/5), all rounded down. There could also be rings and other equipment that boost speed, plus Abilities that reduce weight.

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think I saw some budding talents somewhere but I am not sure and I don't remember them. So I have some questions about them. 

1. Are they predetermined? 

2. What are some known ones? 

1. Yes.
2. Lysithea- Swords, Edelgard- Reason, Byleth- Faith, Claude- Axe, etc. Almost everyone has a budding talent. 

5 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think I saw some budding talents somewhere but I am not sure and I don't remember them. So I have some questions about them. 

1. Are they predetermined? 

2. What are some known ones? 

1. Yes

2. All of them (at least for students), you can find them here https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/pre-release/skill-levels/ where the 3 stars are. A couple are missing (Sylvain has one in Reason and Marianne in Lances).

For non students I'm not sure how much we know, Flayn has Reason, that's as much as I can remember. Oh and Byleth has Faith.

Edited by timon

1. Do we know what they do? For example Dorothea's faith talent is faith avoid +20 I think. Edelgard I red somewhere that her reason talent is reason critical +20 I think, do we know more like that?

2. Also are they equipable or passive? 

1 minute ago, SuperNova125 said:

1. Do we know what they do? For example Dorothea's faith talent is faith avoid +20 I think. Edelgard I red somewhere that her reason talent is reason critical +20 I think, do we know more like that?

2. Also are they equipable or passive? 

1. Edelgard has Black Magic Crit +10; Black Magic is the "anima" part of Reason. Dorothea has Faith Avoid +20; Ferdinand has Seal Speed and Bernadetta has Pass. Hubert also has the Lance Combat Art known as Ice Javelin in Japanese.

2. They are equippable into a palette of 5 Professor Skills; and then activate passively; so yes; both passive and equipable

Now that leaks have started to appear, I'd appreciate it if someone can let me know if there will be characters that we haven't seen that can be recruited post skip? I don't want to read through other leaks/spoilers relating to the plot/gameplay so I hope asking the question here is okay.