The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Leif said:

For those of you reading the story spoilers: without spoiling anything, how is the writing quality in this game?

I can't say overall, because most of the spoilers are very spaced out; I will say that plot points don't seem to come out of nowhere like they did in Fates or Awakening. 

17 minutes ago, nyainou said:

Does Byleth get supports with recruited characters?

Based on the IGN chart, Byleth can achieve A/S-ranks with every other playable character in the game. I don't believe supports would be locked out from you if a student isn't in your house originally, especially since a few previewers have mentioned/speculated that increasing support ranks helps making recruiting characters easier.

I don't know if this is spoilery or not. I don't think so but I'll tag it just in case.

Spoiler

So, there are endings between student pairs? If so, anyone know if there's some kind of visual indication of where the character is going to go if they have multiple A-ranks? I heard someone say it might be the highest person on a character's "closest allies" section, but I'd like to be sure. If there are non-Byleth paired endings, some indication that's easy to figure out would be nice.

38 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I don't know if this is spoilery or not. I don't think so but I'll tag it just in case.

Hide contents

So, there are endings between student pairs? If so, anyone know if there's some kind of visual indication of where the character is going to go if they have multiple A-ranks? I heard someone say it might be the highest person on a character's "closest allies" section, but I'd like to be sure. If there are non-Byleth paired endings, some indication that's easy to figure out would be nice.

Spoiler

Non-Byleth paired endings are a thing (and they can be opposite sex, same sex, romantic, platonic, etc.), confirmed as of the recent datamine. As for how it works.... we dunno, sorry.

13 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Non-Byleth paired endings are a thing (and they can be opposite sex, same sex, romantic, platonic, etc.), confirmed as of the recent datamine. As for how it works.... we dunno, sorry.

Spoiler

Is there a list of all of the paired endings without spoiling what the endings are (or anything else)?

7 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Is there a list of all of the paired endings without spoiling what the endings are (or anything else)?

Well here's a list of all the explicitly romantic ones

Spoiler

Black Eagles:

Edelgard // Ferd, Casper, Hubert* (ending states that they never spoke aloud their romantic feelings, but they did exist)

Bernadetta // Hubert, Ferdinand, Linhardt, Casper, Felix, Raphael, Seteth

Petra // Hubert, Ferdinand, Linhardt, Casper, Dorothea, Ashe, Ignatz, Cyril

Dorothea // Ferdinand, Linhardt, Casper, Felix, Sylvain, Petra, Lorenz, Hanneman, Manuela

Blue Lions:

Dimitri / Mercedes, Annette, Ingrid, Marianne, Flayn, Catherine

Mercedes // Ferdinand, Dedue, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain, Lorenz, Ignatz

Annette // Linhardt, Casper, Dedue, Felix

Ingrid // Dedue, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain, Raphael, Ignatz

Golden Deers:

Claude // Annette, Ingrid, Petra, Lysithea, Marianne, Hilda, Leonie, Flayn

Marianne // Ferdinand, Linhardt, Ashe, Lorenz, Ignatz

Hilda // Ferdinand, Casper, Lorenz, Cyril

Lysithea // Linhardt, Felix, Lorenz, Cyril

Leonie // Lorenz, Seteth

Teachers/Other:

Shamir // Hubert, Dedue,

Flayn // Ferdinand, Linhardt, Dedue, Felix,

Manuela // Ferdinand, Dorothea, Lorenz, Seteth, Hanneman

Catherine // Linhardt, Casper, Ashe, Lorenz, Seteth

1 minute ago, firewitch912 said:

Well here's a list of all the explicitly romantic ones

Hide contents

Black Eagles:

Edelgard // Ferd, Casper, Hubert* (ending states that they never spoke aloud their romantic feelings, but they did exist)

Bernadetta // Hubert, Ferdinand, Linhardt, Casper, Felix, Raphael, Seteth

Petra // Hubert, Ferdinand, Linhardt, Casper, Dorothea, Ashe, Ignatz, Cyril

Dorothea // Ferdinand, Linhardt, Casper, Felix, Sylvain, Petra, Lorenz, Hanneman, Manuela

Blue Lions:

Dimitri / Mercedes, Annette, Ingrid, Marianne, Flayn, Catherine

Mercedes // Ferdinand, Dedue, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain, Lorenz, Ignatz

Annette // Linhardt, Casper, Dedue, Felix

Ingrid // Dedue, Felix, Ashe, Sylvain, Raphael, Ignatz

Golden Deers:

Claude // Annette, Ingrid, Petra, Lysithea, Marianne, Hilda, Leonie, Flayn

Marianne // Ferdinand, Linhardt, Ashe, Lorenz, Ignatz

Hilda // Ferdinand, Casper, Lorenz, Cyril

Lysithea // Linhardt, Felix, Lorenz, Cyril

Leonie // Lorenz, Seteth

Teachers/Other:

Shamir // Hubert, Dedue,

Flayn // Ferdinand, Linhardt, Dedue, Felix,

Manuela // Ferdinand, Dorothea, Lorenz, Seteth, Hanneman

Catherine // Linhardt, Casper, Ashe, Lorenz, Seteth

Thank you. Do you know of any others?

1 minute ago, BastienSoul said:

Thank you. Do you know of any others?

Spoiler

Caspar/Linhardt and Sylvain/Felix are both rather vague, and can be seen as either platonic or romantic

Dorothea/Hubert is explicitly platonic and Dorothea/Edelgard seems kinda platonic as well

apparently all of Raphael is platonic, but I didn't check

Just now, firewitch912 said:
  Hide contents

Caspar/Linhardt and Sylvain/Felix are both rather vague, and can be seen as either platonic or romantic

Dorothea/Hubert is explicitly platonic and Dorothea/Edelgard seems kinda platonic as well

apparently all of Raphael is platonic, but I didn't check

Do you know if everybody who can reach an A Support can get a paired ending, or only some of them?

Just now, BastienSoul said:

Do you know if everybody who can reach an A Support can get a paired ending, or only some of them?

Spoiler

I don't know, but it appears to be that way. I haven't checked the datamined endings that closely though

Spoiler

I'm just hoping there is some visual way to manipulate which characters get paired among those with multiple A-ranks.

Honestly, I'd be disappointed if all came down to some internal priority system that you have no control over. I know they did that for Chrom, but that only happened if you didn't S-rank him and he was the only one affected. It'd be stupid to have to keep track of some priority system given all the characters in this game.

I mean, it'd be kind of cruddy if you got Character A and Character B to A-rank, but then did another support with Character A and Character C and ended up liking it more, only for the game to say "Oh, A and B have a higher priority. Too bad for you."

Apparently the game is out early. In which form? Is it just that some people hacked it or got early access, or is it, like, everyone who predownloaded got access before everyone else accidentally or something?

Can someone give me timeskip portraits of Ashe, Annette and Flayn? I've seen a picture around with everyone, luckily scrolled fast enough to not spoil myself, but I want to see those 3.

Spoiler

Rhea as well maybe? If she changes at all... I hope she gets ugly, that'd make my life a lot easier lol

20 minutes ago, timon said:

Can someone give me timeskip portraits of Ashe, Annette and Flayn? I've seen a picture around with everyone, luckily scrolled fast enough to not spoil myself, but I want to see those 3.

Reveal hidden contents

Rhea as well maybe? If she changes at all... I hope she gets ugly, that'd make my life a lot easier lol

I'm not actually sure if it's her on the final one there, but I assume it is. It was taken from the most spoileriffic image floating around that has every character in the game, so I hope this is not actually someone else that I've misidentified. Actually reading the comments in the subreddit, many seem to think that's not her so I dunno, too lazy to crop it out now.

EDIT: Haha, I'm an idiot, that's Seiros' normal non-spoiler portrait. I've genuinely never seen it before so I got proper confused. There's no timeskipped Flayn then.

DVrRm1A.png

No Rhea, there is an alternate portrait but it might she hasn't aged, just presented differently. I omit it because it could be taken as a plot spoiler.

Edited by Humanoid