The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I'm not actually sure if it's her on the final one there, but I assume it is. It was taken from the most spoileriffic image floating around that has every character in the game, so I hope this is not actually someone else that I've misidentified. Actually reading the comments in the subreddit, many seem to think that's not her so I dunno, too lazy to crop it out now.

Reveal hidden contents

DVrRm1A.png

Reveal hidden contents

No Rhea, there is an alternate portrait but it might she hasn't aged, just presented differently. I omit it because it could be taken as a plot spoiler.

Thank you kind sir, you just made my life easier. 2 students less to recruit, poor Ashe my boi, what did they do to you.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that

Spoiler

That portrait is definitely Seiros, or Flayn is a cosplayer lol

Edited by timon

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, timon said:

Thank you kind sir, you just made my life easier. 2 students less to recruit, poor Ashe my boi, what did they do to you.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that

Reveal hidden contents

That portrait is definitely Seiros, or Flayn is a cosplayer lol

Don't see the problem. Both students look pretty good to me.

53 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Don't see the problem. Both students look pretty good to me.

Annette is actually cute (though her head's a bit weird in the portrait), just not as much to make the effort to recruit her. Though she's definitely improved A LOT compared to the child she is before the skip.

Ashe on the other hand is garbage, I can't look at him anymore, I'm sorry, that haircut is on par with Lorenz's, if not worse.

Edited by timon

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

For those that spoiled themselves on the story:

Is it good or bad? Yay or nay?

Early reaction so far is good. Although it mostly lacks context if it's truly good or not. From what I have gathered.

Do we know the average number of units we can take on chapter map (or how many on the last) ? Byleth + full house is 9 and I don't want to get more than necessary from the other houses and have people laying around doing nothing.

Edited by Tharne

17 minutes ago, Tharne said:

Do we know the average number of units we can take on chapter map (or how many on the last) ? Byleth + full house is 9 and I don't want to get more than necessary from the other houses and have people laying around doing nothing.

It seems that, at least pre skip, it's quite low (around 10), your house + monastery people should be more than enough. Post timeskip no idea, but I guess it still won't be too much, remember that recruiting is an optional feature, they can't do it that way and then expect that you arrive with 20 units per map.

I personally want to recruit a few, but that's because I plan on benching some that I don't like from my house. If you don't want I'm sure the game is perfectly playable anyway.

2 hours ago, jewangdebanji said:

Has anyone compiled a list of what abilities and combat arts are granted by mastering each of the classes yet?

I'd like to know that as well, surprised we have so much information on supports and so few on classes and characters' stats/growths.

Edited by timon

53 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

A spoiler question:

Hide contents

Is it true that Seteth is a Manakete? I ran into this spoiler on Twitter in it pissed me off, but now I have to know if it is true. Is he?

Was it that Twilight parody pic? 😅

56 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

A spoiler question:

Hide contents

Is it true that Seteth is a Manakete? I ran into this spoiler on Twitter in it pissed me off, but now I have to know if it is true. Is he?

Probably big spoilers:

Spoiler

We don't know the exact details exactly, however he is along the lines of being a manakete/ageless being. I wont reveal anything else since it's rather spoilery and will spoil more than what you asked

1. In a mostly non-spoiler way, will recruiting students from other houses during the school phase bring changes to the story? Or will they only be another "generic" unit to help you on the battlefield?

2. If you don't recruit a specific unit from another house, will you still be able to access their supports? Like two students from different houses or Byleth and a unit from the other two houses.

I'm mostly asking this to find out if I need to recruit every single one to get the full story, and please feel free to correct me if it has been answered earlier or in another thread. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Patchy said:

1. In a mostly non-spoiler way, will recruiting students from other houses during the school phase bring changes to the story? Or will they only be another "generic" unit to help you on the battlefield?

2. If you don't recruit a specific unit from another house, will you still be able to access their supports? Like two students from different houses or Byleth and a unit from the other two houses.

I'm mostly asking this to find out if I need to recruit every single one to get the full story, and please feel free to correct me if it has been answered earlier or in another thread. 🙂

Just putting these in spoiler tags for other people. They aren't super spoilery

Spoiler

1. Little bits change, mainly regarding what the unit does during the 5 year gap. We don't know how drastically recruited units change the story or how large of a role they play if they are recruited, we'll have to wait and see.

2. If you do not recruit a unit from another house, you cannot support them.

1 minute ago, Otaku___life said:

Is it true tea time can lower recruitment requirements. I remember someone saying it does. 

Spoiler

You can reduce stat and skill level requirements by raising your support level with other students so yes tea time is one of the many things that can help reduce this. We just don't know by how much

23 minutes ago, Arachnofiend said:

Does anyone know what the charm stat does? Initially I thought it was a Byleth attribute that was related to unlocking certain content but it seems to be on everyone's character sheet.

I think charm/charisma affects something on the battalions, but I'm not quiet sure. So correct me, if I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, Arachnofiend said:

Does anyone know what the charm stat does? Initially I thought it was a Byleth attribute that was related to unlocking certain content but it seems to be on everyone's character sheet.

It appears to be the “strength” stat for gambits and anything involving your battalions.