The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, redlight said:
  Hide contents

Is it true that depending on your gender you'll have someone from another house join you post time skip?

Spoiler

It appears that Sylvain will join you if you play f!Byleth during the school phase however there doesn’t seem to be one for m!Byleth

Greetings, herons of serenes forest!

May I ask a little question? 

I just wanted to know from players whom managed to get the Limited Edition early if there are any spoilers in the artbook? If yes, at which page should I stop looking at?

And lastly, at which page the Flame Emperor is featured? I want to make a cosplay of him but I don't know if his page reveal his face...

Thank you very much in advance.

If I follow a certain path as someone suggested to recruit my students which was:

(Monk/Soldier/Fighter -> )Mage/Cavalier/Brigand -> Wyvern Rider/Warlock/Paladin -> Wyvern Lord/Dark Knight

I don't have to end on Dark Knight, do I? In the end I'd like to end with Byleth's special job. 

Edited by UltimateOtaku

22 minutes ago, UltimateOtaku said:

If I follow a certain path as someone suggested to recruit my students which was:

(Monk/Soldier/Fighter -> )Mage/Cavalier/Brigand -> Wyvern Rider/Warlock/Paladin -> Wyvern Lord/Dark Knight

I don't have to end on Dark Knight, do I? In the end I'd like to end with Byleth's special job. 

You will be able to become Byleth's unique class.

Just now, Sproutling said:

How are effective are bows overall in Three Houses? I know that bows (and therefore classes that primarily use bows) have been notoriously underwhelming in some past FE games, is that also the case here?

They seem pretty good. Bows unlock Close Counter at around C Rank, I believe, which eliminates their main weakness of not having 1 range. With Combat Arts and Class Abilities, they will be able to attack from 6 spaces away, making it very easy to avoid counter attacks.

8 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

How are effective are bows overall in Three Houses? I know that bows (and therefore classes that primarily use bows) have been notoriously underwhelming in some past FE games, is that also the case here?

tbh Bow Knight at the moment looks like the best Master Class, you can get absurd range with skills, that while on a horse. I don't know about Archer and Sniper though, their growths are a bit wanky (as always bow classes seem to love Dex/Skill and Luck, which as always are the least useful stats).
There's another fact to consider, you can wield bows in any class, that means that you could have your early flyer have range, which to me sounds like amazing utility early on.

We'll have to wait on some Lunatic gameplay though, and it's possible that in some paths they'll be better than in others, depending on the maps.

Edited by timon

Has it been confirmed that literally only tutoring supplies the points needed for budding talents? I.e. weekly tasks, monastery activities and battle experience don’t build towards them?

Preferably without spoilers, how bloody and violent is the game? The opening cutscene was pretty brutal, but I'm curious if that's the exception or the norm.

3 hours ago, BastienSoul said:

They seem pretty good. Bows unlock Close Counter at around C Rank, I believe, which eliminates their main weakness of not having 1 range. With Combat Arts and Class Abilities, they will be able to attack from 6 spaces away, making it very easy to avoid counter attacks.

3 hours ago, timon said:

tbh Bow Knight at the moment looks like the best Master Class, you can get absurd range with skills, that while on a horse. I don't know about Archer and Sniper though, their growths are a bit wanky (as always bow classes seem to love Dex/Skill and Luck, which as always are the least useful stats).
There's another fact to consider, you can wield bows in any class, that means that you could have your early flyer have range, which to me sounds like amazing utility early on.

We'll have to wait on some Lunatic gameplay though, and it's possible that in some paths they'll be better than in others, depending on the maps.

I dunno - it was stated that bows have an accuracy penalty when attacking from long range, with said penalty supposedly being more pronounced the longer the range. I wouldn't see attacking from 6 range as so practical when you're most likely going to whiff against whatever you were trying to attack...

It's past midnight CEST time but I can't play it. I had hoped to get an hour in (even though I start early tomorrow). Does anyone else have the same problem?

Edit: the second I write that I get in. Woo! Here we go!

Edited by Thane

38 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I dunno - it was stated that bows have an accuracy penalty when attacking from long range, with said penalty supposedly being more pronounced the longer the range. I wouldn't see attacking from 6 range as so practical when you're most likely going to whiff against whatever you were trying to attack...

Yeah we'll have to see how big of a drop it is, but I don't see it being anything more than 30-40 at the longest range? And if that's the case Archer class gives you the mastery skill hit+20 IIRC, with 9 skill slot I'm sure that can find a place, add the standard high Dex of Bow users and I can see it being worth it. I mean 6 is a long ass range man, maybe it will be a gimmick, but I always love my ballisticians in Fire Emblem.