The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

The site lists required levels for equipment, but which stat exactly is required for equipment? And does it depend on the item (I.e. heavy armor level is required to equip shields, reason or faith is required to equip staves, etc.)?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who've made it to the endgame, how much do you really need Master Classes to beat it?

Why did it appear that the students have their "monastery clothes" on their preferred classes in the war phase?

Edited by Jayvee94

How do you equip the DLC officers uniform for Byleth?  I just arrived at the monastery and am free to explore now.  I saw something mentioned about doing it from the journal, but I don't see that in the menu.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

How do you equip the DLC officers uniform for Byleth?  I just arrived at the monastery and am free to explore now.  I saw something mentioned about doing it from the journal, but I don't see that in the menu.

Your room in the monestary should have a dresser you can use. 

Does getting lost items wrong give some sort of penalty?

Also is the quality of an instruct RNG or is there more to it? Because up until now it seems pretty random, apart from being generally better if the unit has a strength.

I hit a brick wall on ch 5 (gautier inheritance). The enemy battalions annihilate most of my units before I can do anything, the green npc steps on the tiles that agro most of the map, and I feel like I can't get anywhere/the map will take 30+ turns of barely moving around the map. Any tips?

edit: whelp, I pushed my units into their intermediate classes instead of waiting for mastery and it was ezpz. Guess mastery is kinda pointless?

Edited by Centh

5 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:
  Hide contents

I read that Ashe and another student is recuritable like Lysithea is, after you fight them on a route different from their own. Is this true?

Spoiler

according to this Google doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AwXWA-bflpv8aN85OgSV7EIsjudtaadz-CrAQf9HnIs/htmlview?sle=true# Linhardt is recruitable post-time skip when you defeat him in battle lol. It does not indicate if it can only be done on the GD or BL route, so maybe it's for both routes?

Edited by xchickengirlx
correction

So are the Quest on the Bulletin Board when you start a new month all that you can do that month or do you get more Quest throughout the month as you complete them? I've been focusing on doing them before moving on to the main story battles but I'm not sure if the Quest listed at the start of the month are the only ones or not.

8 minutes ago, xchickengirlx said:
  Hide contents

according to this Google doc https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AwXWA-bflpv8aN85OgSV7EIsjudtaadz-CrAQf9HnIs/htmlview?sle=true# Linhardt is recruitable post-time skip when you defeat him in battle lol. It does not indicate if it can only be done on the GD or BL route, so maybe it's for both routes?

Ah, thank you! 

Spoiler

On another thread, I read 3 students had that sort of dialogue on their “history” chart, but we weren’t sure of which Black eagle student it was referring to lol. The user hypothesized it was Ashe to represent BL, but they didn’t know which path it was either, or if Lysithea is exclusive to the BE route. Hmm... the search continues! Haha

So uh, around what point is it normal to start being able to recruit other characters? I haven't been able to get anyone from the other houses nor any teachers and I just got the Sword of the Creator.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

So uh, around what point is it normal to start being able to recruit other characters? I haven't been able to get anyone from the other houses nor any teachers and I just got the Sword of the Creator.

A month or so after that, unless you're putting in some serious grinding. Maybe three if you're spreading out rather than focusing on one character you really like. 

13 hours ago, FabledKnight said:

Lost items help

Whom gets the perfume items? I have an old used perfume to return

Fairly sure that's for Manuela 

9 hours ago, timon said:

Does getting lost items wrong give some sort of penalty?

Also is the quality of an instruct RNG or is there more to it? Because up until now it seems pretty random, apart from being generally better if the unit has a strength.

Characters just kind of shrug at you and go not mine, no penalty as far as I can see 

32 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

A month or so after that, unless you're putting in some serious grinding. Maybe three if you're spreading out rather than focusing on one character you really like. 

Thanks, yeah I'm trying to get Marianne, Sylvain, and Lysithea to the Black Eagles haha so it's pretty tough. I mean they all like Reason (?) so that's what I'm focusing on raising. And I got supports with them and Byleth already, just a matter of time I hope... 

@FabledKnight the perfume is for Hilda, but you can't give it to her for some reason, maybe she'll unlock later on.

Any news on Edel's master class? Can it wield magic or not?

Also, how do we get Dark Seals? Apart from beating that guy (which is not doable until later)? I was planning on having quite a few Dark Mages for that sweet juicy Lifetaker, but I guess I have to change my plan if it's so impossible to get.

Edited by timon

Does anyone know the specific stat requirements for recruit characters? 

Like I know Marianne requires High Magic and Riding, but HOW high? 

Also, has anyone managed to recruit Marianne without leveling their character in mage classes? My character is currently a Myrmidon and while I'm training in Faith magic I don't really plan on changing to any mage classes unless I need to in order to get a high enough Magic stat for Marianne