The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Flipz said:

Ah, perfect!  As a follow-up, do you know the earliest in-game date it's possible to receive the bonus for the birthday?

I THINK it would be the beginning of your first week as a professor, which is I believe the 2nd week of the 5th month.

If you want the birthday bonus at the start, I'd probably go with the beginning of the 6th month because that's after the "end" of the "tutorial"

The game starts in the middle of the 4th month (My B-Day is 4/5 so that's what I sent for my character. Guess I'm not getting the bonus any time soon 😅)

Edited by Tiero

1 [STORY QUESTION]: I'm hearing Three Houses has an excellent premise and awesome character interactions, but things seem to fall off mid-game as the pace is thrown off. Things seem to become rushed and the game ends abruptly after the final boss. I'm just looking on confirmation about this, and what route(s) it happens on. While I personally don't mind spoilers, keep them to a minimum if possible.

2 [NEW GAME + "+"]: How exactly does New Game + work, especially after playing through a NG+ file? Do we continue to earn Renown that makes future playthroughs (NG++, NG+++, etc.) even easier? I've seen some documentation about NG+, but it is nowhere as detailed as I would like it to be.
Thanks in advance for your time!

4 hours ago, timon said:

@FabledKnight the perfume is for Hilda, but you can't give it to her for some reason, maybe she'll unlock later on.

Any news on Edel's master class? Can it wield magic or not?

Also, how do we get Dark Seals? Apart from beating that guy (which is not doable until later)? I was planning on having quite a few Dark Mages for that sweet juicy Lifetaker, but I guess I have to change my plan if it's so impossible to get.

Thanks. Only at chapter 8 and cant do anything with Hilda

Yeah, you can randomly grow stat boosters in the greenhouse.

Idk if it requires you to plant certain seeds or something but so far Im at chapter 4 and have gotten 2 strength boosters and 1 res boost so they seem to appear pretty frequently since that's almost 1 boost for every chapter but hard to tell if that's just me or not.

Do note that the stat boosters you grow in the greenhouse are weaker than the regular stat boosters.

Edit: @UNLEASH IT to unlock master classes you just need to reach C in professor rank.

You can reach that pretty quickly but don't expect to be able to use any since they require a character to be at level 30 to even attempt them.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Greenhouse is just straight up amazing tbh, use it as much as possible, lots of free stuff and lots of professor exp.

Does someone know of a way to raise Cha outside of tea time (which is a nightmare)? Because I've heard that if you don't have enough you won't get a Dancer, is that true?

What are the other requirements needed to recruit Hilda outside of simply raising your charisma and axe experience? Is there a specific time you have to wait until you’re able to ask?

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What does the stat prt do?

That's the defense stat. To be exact it's the total defense stat. So it takes into account not just base def but also any increase you get from accessories (such as shields) and/or battalions. Resilience is the resistance counterpart to it.

I'll be honest, I forgot all about them until I noticed battalions were increasing those stats and I started going "wth is that?!"

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

That's the defense stat. To be exact it's the total defense stat. So it takes into account not just base def but also any increase you get from accessories (such as shields) and/or battalions. Resilience is the resistance counterpart to it.

I'll be honest, I forgot all about them until I noticed battalions were increasing those stats and I started going "wth is that?!"

Thanks, that makes sense.

15 minutes ago, ThatOldSaint said:

If I use different house student on mission assistance, will that student gain any support with my Byleth on the field?

If they fight near each other, yes. They'll also gain support with any students of your house that they can support. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So you need a dark seal in order to turn Hubert into a dark mage. Where can I get my hands on one?

I've looked it up for the same reason (except that I was planning on making dark mages out of Byleth and Sylvain as well as Hubert), and apparently (information is still scarce) the only way is taking it from Death Knight, either with steal or kill.

Problem is, the first time you meet him there's a turn limit, he's far too strong and you probably don't have thieves. If you're Black Eagles the problem with the third time is

Spoiler

That there's no third time againt that guy if you side with Edel

So I guess second time is the right chance to get one, I made Dorothea a Thief just for this moment (Steal works only if you're faster).

Note that it's all from the internet though. I haven't experienced any of this as I'm still early, so I hope there are more ways becauso I do love my dark magic.

I’m still a bit unclear on what happens to a character’s stats when they class change. I know that they get an increase (or decrease) to certain growth rates, but do their base stats increase as well? And if so, I’m assuming that they’ll revert back to their previous stats if you decide to change them back to a lower-tier class?

Also, does anyone know the max deploy limit by the end of the game? I know it’s around 10 during the first year but I’m hoping it increases.

Edited by Sproutling

I'm fairly new to the series so if this is a noob question forgive me. I'm a bit confused with what the point of being proficient with 2 different weapons is?

For example, Ferdinand's default goals are Axe and Lance, and Caspars default goals are Axe and Brawling. Since theres no weapon triangle why should I master in 2 weapons? I was looking at steering Caspar towards War Master but they master in axes and brawling and I dont really get it

6 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

I'm fairly new to the series so if this is a noob question forgive me. I'm a bit confused with what the point of being proficient with 2 different weapons is?

For example, Ferdinand's default goals are Axe and Lance, and Caspars default goals are Axe and Brawling. Since theres no weapon triangle why should I master in 2 weapons? I was looking at steering Caspar towards War Master but they master in axes and brawling and I dont really get it

This fire emblem has requirements for class advancement. Also, they have different skills, which might be what you're looking for. Weapon triangle is there, but it's attached to high skill abilities, so you won't see it until later in the game/if you have the ability equipped.

1 hour ago, Sproutling said:

I’m still a bit unclear on what happens to a character’s stats when they class change. I know that they get an increase (or decrease) to certain growth rates, but do their base stats increase as well? And if so, I’m assuming that they’ll revert back to their previous stats if you decide to change them back to a lower-tier class?

Also, does anyone know the max deploy limit by the end of the game? I know it’s around 10 during the first year but I’m hoping it increases.

From what I've seen there's no stat changes between classes, it's all just growths? I'm not sure if caps are affected though.

Edit: Apparently there *are* minimum stats, so a unit that promotes gets their stats raised to that minimum, unsure of how this works for re-classing.

26 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Each weapon type has different strengths and arts that you can use. Also, weapons from the triangle still tend to carry similar properties from previous games -- axes have higher might and lower accuracy, swords end up with higher accuracy, lances are in the middle (generally at least).

Edited by Vasilios
edited for corrections on minimum stats

Are all classes able to use Reason/Faith Magic as long as they have D rank in it or are there restrictions?  If so, what classes can?  It would be nice to have mounted magic users.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Are all classes able to use Reason/Faith Magic as long as they have D rank in it or are there restrictions?  If so, what classes can?  It would be nice to have mounted magic users.

No. To use magic, the class has to 'use magic' or 'use some magic' to actually cast spells. That said, if a class can use magic, they can use both white and black magic as well.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure the dark knight and holy knight classes can use magic.