The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For black eagles, which route is the 4th route and which is standard BE? 

Spoiler

Am I supposed to kill or protect edelgard for the normal route? People said protecting is the alternate route but I thought people also said before that the church route is the 4th. Does it matter which one I play first storywise or will certain things be spoiled?

15 minutes ago, shed said:

For black eagles, which route is the 4th route and which is standard BE? 

Reveal hidden contents

Am I supposed to kill or protect edelgard for the normal route? People said protecting is the alternate route but I thought people also said before that the church route is the 4th. Does it matter which one I play first storywise or will certain things be spoiled?

Failing to meet certain conditions locks you to the

Spoiler

church route.

17 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Failing to meet certain conditions locks you to the

Reveal hidden contents

church route.

Spoiler

does either route spoil the others or require context from them? I'm pretty confused since before the game came out we assumed church route was the secret route but apparently it's the opposite case...

8 minutes ago, shed said:
  Reveal hidden contents

does either route spoil the others or require context from them? I'm pretty confused since before the game came out we assumed church route was the secret route but apparently it's the opposite case...

No spoilers to the other routes necessary.

8 minutes ago, timon said:

Do you know what the conditions are?

Spoiler

• Edelgard and Byleth must have C+ support
  • At chapter 11, Explore. Go with Edelgard to Enbarr.
  • At the end of the Chapter, protecc Edelgard.

Hey, I'm trying to find out if I'm wasting my time. Can a MByleth marry Catherine? Like can they get married. I'm finding so many mixed things and lists online and I'm just trying to see if I should be trying to marry someone else lol. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hey, I'm trying to find out if I'm wasting my time. Can a MByleth marry Catherine? Like can they get married. I'm finding so many mixed things and lists online and I'm just trying to see if I should be trying to marry someone else lol. Thanks!

All routes

Spoiler

except Empire route, I believe.

So is there a certain point where Byleth can't increase support levels? I can't get past B with some of the students (tho i'm at chapter 21 at this point)

I don't know if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to scroll the character list on the monastery map. Annoys me when there's more characters clustered in one areas and I can't see them all in the list.

8 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Supports definitely help a ton.

I mentioned this in the recruitment thread but I'll say it here too, Linhardt joined me at B support even though I only had D reason and 8 magic and just last week he was not at all interested in joining my class.

One thing to note though is that it appears your affection doesn't actually help until you reach and see a support conversation. What I mean is that getting up to a C support will help, but all the affection gained between C and B will not help until you actually reach and see the B support. So basically raising affection can be useless if you don't actually have a support with a character.

Great, I've already got a few at C, so hopefully once I reach B, I can start recruiting some.

35 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

How are paralogues unlocked?

What is the best way to get Byleth's weapon rank up? 

What do the leaves change in tea time?

- Depends on the month I think, I've just finished chapter 6 and I've seen the first ones appear, though it seems you can only see the ones that involve at least one character that you have.
- Faculty training, there's no way around it. Seminars are nice if you need motivation on your students, but I stopped using them when I had enough points/gold to get them motivated during exploration. If you're looking for Faith/Authority I highly suggest Choir practice though.
- afaik nothing, more stars = more support points/higher chance of getting Cha? I don't think the different flavour do anything, not sure though.

58 minutes ago, tanuki said:

Q:  Is there a way to change the starting position of a unit before the battle starts?  I have been using my first couple of turns just to get the formations right.

Prep menu > Map > click on unit > click on the spot where you want to put it (you can also swap units btw).

On another note, if Gilbert dies as an NPC in ch5 in classic, is he actually gone forever? Just so I know to protect him or not if I ever play BL.

Also to the people who made it close to the skip in Black Eagles

Spoiler

is there ANY possible way of having Flayn if you go with Edelgard? What about the others (Catherine, Seteth, Cyril)?

Edited by timon

3 hours ago, Racer said:

So is there a certain point where Byleth can't increase support levels? I can't get past B with some of the students (tho i'm at chapter 21 at this point)

I don’t know about that far into the game, but the game will at least tell you if the convo is locked until later for story reasons.

2 hours ago, tanuki said:

Q:  Is there a way to change the starting position of a unit before the battle starts?  I have been using my first couple of turns just to get the formations right.

Select the Map option on the battle prep screen, then you can select your characters and move them around as you please.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

How are paralogues unlocked?

I think you need to recruit whichever one of two characters is the “main character” for that paralogue. For instance, I unlocked the Ingrid/Dorothea one once I recruited Ingrid (but I did not have Dorothea recruited or “mission assistance’d” - she just joined for that battle only). Same for the Shamir/Alois one (had Shamir recruited but not Alois and still unlocked it).

Spoiler

This makes sense since the purpose of half these paralogues is to get the Hero Relics for the non-lord characters that have one. So, for those, I think you only need to recruit whoever gets the Relic (Ingrid in this case).

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Is there a limit or diminishing returns on raising affection for people by gift giving?  Does only one per day really count, or can I keep pumping people full of flowers until I reach a support with them?

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is there a limit or diminishing returns on raising affection for people by gift giving?  Does only one per day really count, or can I keep pumping people full of flowers until I reach a support with them?

As someone who just pumped Felix full of gifts until he reached B support, I can confirm that you can indeed keep on giving gifts as much as you want and they still count. I'm not sure if there's actually any diminishing returns though.

Another thing to raise affection besides gifts though is tea time. If you get a perfect tea time you can continue to have tea time at least one more time (maybe more but I ran out of exploration points to check if you could have it more than twice) and it gives lots of affection plus a neat charm boost.

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

As someone who just pumped Felix full of gifts until he reached B support, I can confirm that you can indeed keep on giving gifts as much as you want and they still count. I'm not sure if there's actually any diminishing returns though.

Another thing to raise affection besides gifts though is tea time. If you get a perfect tea time you can continue to have tea time at least one more time (maybe more but I ran out of exploration points to check if you could have it more than twice) and it gives lots of affection plus a neat charm boost.

That might be an idea, tea time just costs activity points, and I don't seem to ever have enough to go around yet.

2 hours ago, Kanethedragon said:

I don't know if this has been answered, but does anyone know how to scroll the character list on the monastery map. Annoys me when there's more characters clustered in one areas and I can't see them all in the list.

You should be able to press x on the map and that will allow you to scroll through the characters on the area you’re looking at, as well as show you exactly where they are.

Now, my question.  In the 3ds games you could have inventory automatically taken form characters and reassigned automatically with a few buttons, making inventory management a breeze. Right now I can’t find anything like that for three houses, which is a bit of a drag because I actually don’t like spending five minutes before each battle making sure every unit has proper weapons and a vulanary 

Is there any reward for keeping Gilbert alive? He's so dumb and just suicides into everything that I couldn't be bothered to save him but I'm still curious if there was any sort of benefit of having him survive.

Really wish there was a way to issue orders to npc units like there was in PoR.

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Is there any reason to pick mercenary over thief, the two classes seem identical except thief gets locktouch and steal 

The growths, utility, and mastery.

Thief has more growth in spd and dex but mercenaries have better strength growth.

Thief has utility allowing you to steal and lock pick and getting steal as mastery bonus while Mercenary gets vantage on mastery.