The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Hello, do you guys know where to get Mythril and Agarthium? (No, i dont get them from the beasts, i damage the 4 tiles everytime to get them but nothing)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, New to Fire Emblem said:

Can I just play through the main story without being under-levelled?

For the most part yes. I haven't done any of the extra battles unless it's part of some quest and I've found myself either on par with the enemies or only slightly under leveled (like 1 or 2 levels below most enemies) so you should be fine to just do main story. That's on hard though. On normal I imagine there's absolutely no issue of being under leveled.

Edit: Does anyone know what the requirements for Dancer are? I heard it's possible to fail and I just want to be prepared for when it becomes available.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

Anyone have info on how long it takes to unlock a budding talent? Claude has a C in axes right now and still only has one star out of three, so I’m wondering why it’s taking so long.

Edited by carpirate

1 minute ago, carpirate said:

Anyone have info on how long it takes to unlock a budding talent? Claude has a C in axes right now and still only has one star out of three, so I’m wondering why it’s taking so long.

You need to manually instruct students to unlock them from what I can tell. Can't give them the good job sticker if you're not there I guess.

What's the max unit deployment for late game chapters?  I'm wanting to get an idea of how many units I should be building.

1 hour ago, carpirate said:

Only manual instruction can bloom talents, daily goals/group tasks don't count. For Byleth's faith you need faculty training (Rhea/Manuela).

As for my question, has anyone figured out how paired endings are determined if you have multiple A ranks?

11 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

What do you mean they can't use gauntlets? You should be able to use it when selected, albeit without bonus. If that's true, then it's a bug.

Nope, I can't equip my Monk Byleth with gauntlets. Every other weapon type is available, but all gauntlets are greyed out. And he was using them fine before he reclassed.

Now I just want to know if the Mortal Savant can equip them, at least. It's a mixed-offense class so I'm hoping it can.

Does anyone have a Mortal Savant unit around they can try equipping with a pair of Gauntlets for me?

Edited by Anomalocaris

1: Are the stat boosts battalions give always in effect? Or only when using gambits?

2: To unlock budding talents do you just need to give have the skill level raise while giving instruction or do I have have to give them a certain amount of XP in the skill through instruction?

Edited by Tiero

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Edit: Does anyone know what the requirements for Dancer are? I heard it's possible to fail and I just want to be prepared for when it becomes available.

For dancing I believe you need to have more than 13 charm. Most students have at least 10, and you are able to do optional training with your student to get 5 more charm, so I think it’s hard to lose.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

You need to manually instruct students to unlock them from what I can tell. Can't give them the good job sticker if you're not there I guess.

I haven’t auto instructed at all though. I just want Claude to unlock Diamond Axe 😞.

Also, another question, does anyone know if Dancer is a viable late game class? I recruited Felix to my house and have been instructing him in Reason to unlock his talent + get him on the path to Mortal Savant, but I realize he could also become a Dancer with those skills. However, I don’t want to put him in Dancer if it isn’t going to hold up against other late game classes.

Edited by carpirate

Q: How useful are Seminars? At the moment I'm finding it better to simply go Exploring to raise Byleth's levels by Faculty Training and to max out motivation for students by the various Monastery activities and by giving them gifts. It also allows me to check on the Greenhouse regularly as well. // As an aside, I never bothered Resting either and I'm at Chapter 7.

Seminars are probably the better option for saving time, but exploration and battles seem to be the best route for min-maxing, at least in my experience.

42 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hey my Byleth learned the Heal spell, but I can't seem to use it. Does the use of magic require you be in a certain class?

Yes, magic can only be used in classes with the appropriate highlighted blue text in the description. He/she will need to reclass into a Monk, Mage, Priest, etc.

28 minutes ago, 1nfest said:

Should i promote my units ASAP? or stay an master the class for the ability?

Can i just push ahead and then reclass back to master the ability later? (maybe even after lvl cap).

The timing is really up to you and whether you care more about getting the mastery bonuses or the promoted stats. And, yes, you can return to any class the unit is certified in.

Edit: Actually, it's most beneficial to move into a promoted class ASAP for the immediate stat boosts and then make the decision about whether to go back and bother with mastering the old class.

Edited by Radnar

1 hour ago, carpirate said:

Also, another question, does anyone know if Dancer is a viable late game class? I recruited Felix to my house and have been instructing him in Reason to unlock his talent + get him on the path to Mortal Savant, but I realize he could also become a Dancer with those skills. However, I don’t want to put him in Dancer if it isn’t going to hold up against other late game classes.

Dancer isn't meant to be great offensively, it's meant to make your other units who are great offensively better. It's a utility class. 

34 minutes ago, BaKaDaNaa said:

So, how exactly do you restor Relics? I know you can use "Rest" to restore the hero's (not by much), but is it the same for other relics? Is there no other way? That seems obnoxious as hell.

You can repair them all at the blacksmith for a lot of money and for the items you get when you break a demonic beasts shield. 

Is the max stats page accurate on the main SF page? My lysithea is hitting 50 mag and It looks like the bar on her stat page is nearly filled even though the cap is supposed to be in the 80s. Is there a limit break skill in the game?

I'm a Golden Deer player and looking to recruit Dorothea, Petra, Dedue, and Felix. Once recruited, do these characters stay with you for the remainder of your gameplay or will they eventually be lost?

Is recruiting even worth it if it's the case that other house characters will leave?

19 minutes ago, manaciel said:

I'm a Golden Deer player and looking to recruit Dorothea, Petra, Dedue, and Felix. Once recruited, do these characters stay with you for the remainder of your gameplay or will they eventually be lost?

Is recruiting even worth it if it's the case that other house characters will leave?

Everyone you recruit will stay with you, but Dedue is not recruitable 

2 hours ago, KurashiDragon said:

So I have a question. For the certification exam, do the results change if you reset the game or are you stuck with a failure?

It seems locked. Happened to me when trying to turn Linhardt into a mercenary. I've tried everything, from simply resetting, to trying again next week, changing up the order of who I promote, doing activities in exploration and then trying, etc. And nothing changed the results until I got a higher passing score.

3 hours ago, Brimney said:

You can repair them all at the blacksmith for a lot of money and for the items you get when you break a demonic beasts shield. 

I'm gonna have to try that, that sounds cool. Thank you!