The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Black Eagles route question, involves pretty big spoilers.

Spoiler

So there are two drastic choices you choose. The first is to accompany Edelgard to the Imperial capital to be crowned Emperor, that is if you say yes, and then the second is choosing to either kill Edelgard or not. Now I chose to accompany Edelgard and then side with Edelgard. What happens if you choose to not go with her to the Imperial capital? And then what happens if you choose to kill Edelgard? I'm assuming she doesn't actually die, but the answer I'm looking for on that last question is who does the game finish out with? Are you siding with just the church and get your Black Eagles followers? I guess what I'm really wanting to know is how many different stories/routes are there to the Black Eagles and how do you get the other ones.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Black Eagles route question, involves pretty big spoilers.

Reveal hidden contents

So there are two drastic choices you choose. The first is to accompany Edelgard to the Imperial capital to be crowned Emperor, that is if you say yes, and then the second is choosing to either kill Edelgard or not. Now I chose to accompany Edelgard and then side with Edelgard. What happens if you choose to not go with her to the Imperial capital? And then what happens if you choose to kill Edelgard? I'm assuming she doesn't actually die, but the answer I'm looking for on that last question is who does the game finish out with? Are you siding with just the church and get your Black Eagles followers? I guess what I'm really wanting to know is how many different stories/routes are there to the Black Eagles and how do you get the other ones.

Spoiler

In the Resistance Army (Church) route, only Edelgard and Hubert leaves the party. In the Adrestian Army (Edelgard) route, at least Flayn leaves. I'm not sure who else leaves

Since my question didn't get answered last page, I'll ask it again real quick. Can the Mortal Savant class use gauntlets? I know they're proficient in swords and magic, but I wanna know if they can at least equip gauntlets unlike the purely-magic classes.

20 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Since my question didn't get answered last page, I'll ask it again real quick. Can the Mortal Savant class use gauntlets? I know they're proficient in swords and magic, but I wanna know if they can at least equip gauntlets unlike the purely-magic classes.

Yes, you should be as it is not a mounted class.

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Yes, you should be as it is not a mounted class.

I was hoping someone could actually test it for me since we all thought Monks and Mages could use gauntlets until recently discovering they can't, but for now I'll cautiously accept it until proven otherwise.

2 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In the Resistance Army (Church) route, only Edelgard and Hubert leaves the party. In the Adrestian Army (Edelgard) route, at least Flayn leaves. I'm not sure who else leaves

Spoiler

In order to get the Church Route do I need to go to the Empire Capital with Edelgard first to be able to get the option of killing her? Or is that first part irrelevant to the choice of killing her?

20 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:
  Hide contents

In order to get the Church Route do I need to go to the Empire Capital with Edelgard first to be able to get the option of killing her? Or is that first part irrelevant to the choice of killing her?

Spoiler

If you chose to stay, you will be locked to the Church Route.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

How is Dancer unlocked?

There's an event in the month where the ball is held that you can enter a student into, and if they have 14 charm, they'll become Dancer class on the third week of the month. 

Still hoping on an answer regarding Mortal Savant, but until then, I got another question:

Once you've cleared the game and stuff, is it possible to just keep playing that save file infinitely, doing random battles and stuff to experiment with classes, support grind, and such? I know there's New Game Plus, but I'm wondering about continuing to play an endgame file.

It's probably far too early yet to get an answer for this, but I was wondering if there's any particular order the routes should be played in to get the most out of the story? ☺️

Additionally (spoiler for New Game Plus),

I just found out that apparently after you have unlocked New Game Plus, you can choose whether your characters have their pre- or post-timeskip look. Does that mean you can basically revert the timeskip look if you prefer their initial design?

Edited by ryozine

15 minutes ago, Zelda2120 said:

Does anyone know how to trigger getting the ring for s supports? I can't seem to get it. BL route. 

Spoiler

You get the chance to do an S support only right before the final battle. As far as I remember the ring is obtained about halfway through the game after a certain character dies and you're given a (red) quest to go to their room where you have to talk to Sothis.

5 minutes ago, ShadowAUS said:
  Hide contents

You get the chance to do an S support only right before the final battle. As far as I remember the ring is obtained about halfway through the game after a certain character dies and you're given a (red) quest to go to their room where you have to talk to Sothis.

Spoiler

s chp 14 now. Did I miss it?

6 minutes ago, Zelda2120 said:

Spoiler

I don't know if it's actually missable, I thought it was forced. Did you do the monastery quests after your father died? One of them would've told you to visit his room on the second floor where Sothis will be floating near his desk. You talk to her to finish it if I remember correctly and you get the ring. I don't know if you would even know if you did or didn't have it if it was missable because you can't do S supports until the final chapter either way.

Edited by ShadowAUS
Forgot the spolier box!

To those who have made it far into the game, without spoiling, but does too much recruitment "cheapen" the experiment? I'm BE and I've got Marianne, Leonie, Sylvain and Annette, I feel like it's already a lot but I'd like to get Lysithea and Ashe to not miss some supports...

The thing is, I feel like recruited units are overleveled and I fear that in the timeskip it will be me vs a bunch of generics...

So yeah, I know it's subjective, but give me your thoughts (also are 6 recruits a lot? If I count in the professor/knights will I end up with a huge mostly not used party?)

Edited by timon

13 minutes ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Are there any enemies that can be recruited (apart from the students)? Has anyone made it far enough to know?

There is no capture mechanic, and the developers made it quite clear that they want you to have your entire cast as soon as you started or shortly thereafter so you get to know them quickly. The students, teachers, and knights are your only units throughout the game. 

Having trouble with quoting, but I don’t think recruitment cheapens the game. On the path I’m on, students I’ve gotten from other houses give me a different perspective and add to the world building in a charming way. That said, I only use 2 of my 5 recruited for combat. I gave up on poor Flayn, Cyril, and all the knights once I got them. 

Edited by Brimney

Can you get support points for 2 ranks in one go? What I mean is: I noticed that eg. between Edelgard and Byleth I don't get hearts anymore in battle, I think it's because I gained B rank but can't see it for story reason, so if I don't see the B I don't get points towards A... can someone confirm this?

And between other characters, too. Sylvain and Dorothea didn't have hearts because I had unlocked but not watched the conversation. I need to understand if it's just a graphical thing but they're gaining "background points" or if the growth is stopped until you get the rank.

Interestingly enough when I instruct/gift Edelgard I still get the small square with her portrait and heart.