The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

11 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

There's an event in the month where the ball is held that you can enter a student into, and if they have 14 charm, they'll become Dancer class on the third week of the month. 

If you did that and won, how do you turn them into a dancer? One of my guys won the thing, but i cant seem to class change her

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

If you did that and won, how do you turn them into a dancer? One of my guys won the thing, but i cant seem to class change her

Reclass in the menus, not certifications. It's rather confusing I had to dig around in the menu a bit before finding it myself.

31 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Reclass in the menus, not certifications. It's rather confusing I had to dig around in the menu a bit before finding it myself.

Thank. You. Lmao i feel a bit dense now. 

46 minutes ago, timon said:

What does Marianne's crest do? DON'T tell me what the crest is, because I still don't know, but it activated in battle and I have no idea what it did (I was fast forwarding).

Raises MT when using a weapon.

20 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

What are the suggestions for the most optimal dancers? 

Well since they are pure support, I'd say anyone with sky high evasion or bulk is a great candidate for keeping them alive longer. Also helps if they have good faith skills to be able to provide some utility.

Felix has all of that. Amazing spd to keep his evasion high, access to a relic that bolsters his defenses, and has access to restore to clear all those pesky negative status effects.

12 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well since they are pure support, I'd say anyone with sky high evasion or bulk is a great candidate for keeping them alive longer. Also helps if they have good faith skills to be able to provide some utility.

Felix has all of that. Amazing spd to keep his evasion high, access to a relic that bolsters his defenses, and has access to restore to clear all those pesky negative status effects.

I did consider Felix, but his charm is 8 only, and the amount I have to beat is 13, so I’m probably gonna try someone else.

56 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

What are the suggestions for the most optimal dancers? 

Just make sure to not use your main combat units, because if they're dancers they'll rarely see the frontlines.

I personally will always go with Dorothea, I think she's perfect for it:
- She's got strong Sword and Reason plus a Faith talent
- Great Cha growth
- She's sadly an average unit from what I've seen, there are better mages in every route (Hubert, Annette, Lysithea)
- She's a former singer, she's made for it (btw I found her Songstress skill actually really helpful, the small healing can definitely make a difference).

Felix seems good at first glance, but he's too good of a unit to go Dancer, and his Reason talent - while apparently interesting - is not relevant since he gets like 3 spells (also I can't really bring myself to have a male dancer, feelsWeirdMan). btw apparently both Swordmaster and Assassin are on par with Master Classes, so I'd go there with him (BL route lacks in bowmen).

Edited by timon

2 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

One last question on dancers- How does it work? Is It like a certification exam with pass percentage rate? And if you fail, can you reset and try again?

It’s a storyline contest - if your selected unit wins, they unlock the class. As long as that unit has 14 charm they should win.

8 minutes ago, carpirate said:

Are tea parties the only way to increase Charm outside of level ups? The unit I’m looking to put in the dance competition only has 11 Charm right now.

Before the contest, there will be an optional practice that will raise your chosen unit’s charm by 5.

48 minutes ago, May B. said:

I still don't understand how being bad in certain skills affect the gameplay. If a character is bad with lancers (and has no secret talent), what does that really mean?

It means you get reduced points towards weapon rank from activities that increase it (IE hitting an enemy with that weapon or tutoring). Similarly, a character with a strength in lances gets twice as many ranks than normal - a lot of a character's power comes from skills that unlock as you increase weapon ranks (especially if you're a mage since that's how you get new spells) so it can be a pretty significant difference in character power to get those abilities more quickly or more slowly.

2 minutes ago, Arachnofiend said:

It means you get reduced points towards weapon rank from activities that increase it (IE hitting an enemy with that weapon or tutoring). Similarly, a character with a strength in lances gets twice as many ranks than normal - a lot of a character's power comes from skills that unlock as you increase weapon ranks (especially if you're a mage since that's how you get new spells) so it can be a pretty significant difference in character power to get those abilities more quickly or more slowly.

I see, thank you!

4 minutes ago, Askia said:

Do you ever get more than 10 party slots for a mission? I'm debating if it's worth recruiting more than one character.

Yes, after part 1 is done. I've been getting ~12 slots.

4 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

Yes, after part 1 is done. I've been getting ~12 slots.

Oh thank goodness. I was planning of having a core of 15 but I was starting to wonder if that would be at all possible with how everything has only given me a max of 10. With 12 slots plus adjutants I should be able to raise all 15 of them.

Are the later maps bigger with less room for error and more side objectives to complete? Will female mages benefit a lot more from the movement and canto from a mounted class over the additional spell uses of the gremory? I'm torn between making a bunch of holy/dark knights and gremories since stride is a thing but only good for 2 uses in battle.