The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

So one question: Is the final battle also tied to a time limit (like every other chapter) or does it grant you "unlimited time" to grind and so on (how it was in Awakening and fates)? 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't tell if i'm losing it or not, but 

Spoiler

after Byleth merges with Sothis, his voice seems to be higher pitched/sound more youthful. but then after the time skip, it seems to have gone back to the old Byleth voice. has anyone else got that, and for femLeth too? it's hard to tell with only like 5 voice lines to work with

Only just started using the battalion system, but in the long term, is the game balanced around every unit of yours having an attached battalion? The replenishment cost seems trivial so is the only barrier to doing so the upfront cost of buying them?

EDIT: "Balanced around" was probably the wrong question. It's not about whether I can beat the game without them, but rather whether there's any reason to *not* give one to every unit, assuming I can afford to do so.

Edited by Humanoid

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Only just started using the battalion system, but in the long term, is the game balanced around every unit of yours having an attached battalion? The replenishment cost seems trivial so is the only barrier to doing so the upfront cost of buying them?

it doesn't seem to be too dependent on batallions, you could get by with just a few. on hard mode, i've only been using gambits on certain enemies. the stat boosts they give are always nice though. yes the upfront cost is the biggest cost

19 minutes ago, Matroska said:

Do you raise supports with adjudant units? Like pair-up in Awakening does.

yes

So apparently Gilbert is locked to Blue Lions despite being faculty? Can anyone confirm or deny that? And if it's true then is there any other neutral units that are locked to a certain house?

8 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Battalions help immensely against beasts and being able to incapacitate enemies to prevent them from reaching a weakened unit has saved my hide a couple of times. There's also that one battalion which increases units move by like 5 I think which is insane. I still wouldn't say that every unit needs to have one but there's really no reason not to use them. If for some reason money is an issue then don't worry as you'll get quite few from just doing quests so just attach them as you go.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

There's also that one battalion which increases units move by like 5 I think which is insane.

yeah Stride, really busted imo, the moment i saw it i got it. "why not just turn your whole team into cavalry for a turn, except with more move!" pog. has been amazing so far

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

So apparently Gilbert is locked to Blue Lions despite being faculty? Can anyone confirm or deny that? And if it's true then is there any other neutral units that are locked to a certain house?

i went Golden Deer, reloaded a pretty old save on 12/21 and there's no recruit option

loaded my friend's save, he's on 12/14  Blue Lions, Gilbert has no recruit option

maybe there are some requirements to meet? 

6 hours ago, Dämonplay said:

So one question: Is the final battle also tied to a time limit (like every other chapter) or does it grant you "unlimited time" to grind and so on (how it was in Awakening and fates)? 

I'd like to know this too. Also,  one question of my own:

Does giving the right answers when it comes to choices regarding Jeralt, Rhea, and Sothis affect anything later on down the line?

7 hours ago, Rewind said:

Are the later maps bigger with less room for error and more side objectives to complete? Will female mages benefit a lot more from the movement and canto from a mounted class over the additional spell uses of the gremory? I'm torn between making a bunch of holy/dark knights and gremories since stride is a thing but only good for 2 uses in battle.

Depends on playstyle, I suppose. I didn't find gremory that much better than mounted mages, except for not having to learn riding. That made it possible for my Mercedes to hit gremory very early. If you like getting through maps fast, mounted is probably best, otherwise it wouldn't matter but would be inconvenient (was for me, but I play fast). Canto is just so so good.

55 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'd like to know this too. Also,  one question of my own:

Does giving the right answers when it comes to choices regarding Jeralt, Rhea, and Sothis affect anything later on down the line?

Last map comes when it comes. There are only so many weeks to do things. Maybe dlc allows for endless grinding? I don't have it. I didn't feel that rushed, though I didn't finish all my builds due to being crazy inefficient, so you'd probably have enough time. Master classes didn't feel required, especially for units like byleth, Dimitr, and dancer.

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Spoiler

On the Black Eagles route, it appears that only Manuela, Hanneman, and Shamir can join you.

On the Blue Lions route, Hanneman is probably not recruitable post-skip.

I’m on a Golden Deer playthrough, and I have everybody but Gilbert. I don’t know what’s up with Gilbert, but he can only support with Blue Lions students, so he’s probably locked to that route.

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

Without spoiling anything, is there more than one way for a route to end?

One route. Without spoiling too much:

Spoiler

Avoid support conversations with Edelgard if you can.

35 minutes ago, redlight said:

One route. Without spoiling too much:

Reveal hidden contents

Avoid support conversations with Edelgard if you can.

Is this about the BE route split? I heard there was a choice at one point that determined which route you did. I've already met half the requirements for unlocking the second BE route and was planning on doing both BE routes at the same time. Are you saying that fulfilling the requirements automatically locks you to the second route by default?

Do any characters change their pitch of voice after the timeskip? Thinking particularly of the VAs who are really reaching to make their voices sound younger.

3 hours ago, Centh said:

Last map comes when it comes. There are only so many weeks to do things. Maybe dlc allows for endless grinding? I don't have it. I didn't feel that rushed, though I didn't finish all my builds due to being crazy inefficient, so you'd probably have enough time. Master classes didn't feel required, especially for units like byleth, Dimitr, and dancer.

Ahh bummer.... I wanted to make the "Hidden Path" my final playthrough with perfect builds and so on...... which obviously won't be easy

Spoiler

Since the Edelgard route only has 18 chapters total...

Well guess I'll play on Normal then. Thank you very much for the information though!

Edited by Dämonplay

I've pretty much started alternating between exploring and battling on my off days.  I seem to be getting paralogues and quests faster than I can beat them with the two battles I get.  Is it possible to beat them all battling 50% of the time or will I miss some?

3 hours ago, Maimishou said:

Is this about the BE route split? I heard there was a choice at one point that determined which route you did. I've already met half the requirements for unlocking the second BE route and was planning on doing both BE routes at the same time. Are you saying that fulfilling the requirements automatically locks you to the second route by default?

No, you still have a regular choice. The game also makes it fairly obvious so no worries.

4 hours ago, Nio said:
Can i use crest items/heroes relics with no the same crest users? Like i got rafail gem but is no use for mercedes.

yep

so what's up with rescue spell, what determines where the person gets rescued to? i thought maybe it would be furthest from enemy range, but my friend just rescued and it put the person on the only tile that was in enemy range. also, i once had rescue put the unit about 4 tiles away from Flayn when she used it, which i'm assuming was a glitch

speaking of glitches...

20190730-164820.jpg

Edited by wizzard of soz

What does that thing at the bottom mean? I made Catherine into a Falcon Knight, but I wanted to switch her back to swordmaster, and I just noticed it. Also is it best to leave her as a swordmaster or keep her as a falcon knight? Thanks!

f4id6b.jpg

1 minute ago, Dylan Corona said:

What does that thing at the bottom mean? I made Catherine into a Falcon Knight, but I wanted to switch her back to swordmaster, and I just noticed it. Also is it best to leave her as a swordmaster or keep her as a falcon knight? Thanks!

It's your power level in each class. Also, it's far better to keep her a falcon knight, or make her mortal savant as well. Swordmaster is pretty weak for endgame.