The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Panthera said:

Pretty sure the way AS works is every five points of strength reduces total equipment weight by one.

i'm a dunce, totally forgot about equipment weight, was only factoring weapon. he had a silver shield, so yes 5 str per 1 weight comes out with the correct AS, ty

Edited by wizzard of soz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, for some reason I can't give gifts even to the students in my house? I was able to last playthrough, but suddenly the option isn't appearing for me

1 hour ago, Racer said:

So, for some reason I can't give gifts even to the students in my house? I was able to last playthrough, but suddenly the option isn't appearing for me

iirc gifting isn't available early on, you'll have to unlock. think it comes on around the same time as lost items

How useful are the movement combat arts you get from mastering beginner classes (Swap, Shove, Reposition, Draw Back)? I’m playing on hard mode and if the game wants me to move onto intermediate classes as soon as possible I should be doing that, right?

Okay, a few questions here:

1. Of the units from each House, which is the best to prepare to become a Dancer?  I've heard a lot of praise for one Black Eagles option, but since that's not my House and I have a few other recruitment priorities I doubt I'll get her and get her trained in time.

1a. As a follow-up, what neutral units make a good Dancer?  What about Byleth, would she be a good pick for the class once her Faith talent unlocks?

2. How exactly do the stars on Budding Talents work?  Does the student have to increase their rank in the talent through tutoring, or do you have to get a Perfect tutor result, or do they both work, or is it something else entirely?

3. How important is it (on Normal) that I have a specific plan for each unit planned out from the very beginning?  That is, does the game give me time to experiment with my units and change my mind if something isn't working, or will two or three careless lesson plans ruin a given unit entirely?

4. I'm on Blue Lions but plan to recruit Lysithea, Bernadetta, Marienne, and Dorothea (in descending order of emotional priority), with Leonie a possible fifth if I can manage it without too much trouble.  Am I going for too many recruitments to safely juggle?  Am I going for bad recruitments, or missing out on some particularly incredible recruits for this route?

Speaking of combat arts, is the durability consumption applied even on missed attacks? Or must it hit for the consumption to be accounted for?

EDIT:

What about Byleth, would she be a good pick for the class once her Faith talent unlocks?

Byleth cannot become a Dancer.

Edited by Shadow Mir

49 minutes ago, EmpressFireEmblem said:

I know obviously Byleth can S support. But do my students/other faculty members ever get the possibility?

No, but they'll get paired endings at A. The question that still exists - surprisingly seen as a lot of people have finished the game - is how the game determines which pair gets the paired ending (since you can have multiple A ranks).

btw does someone have full size pictures of those start-of-month pictures? My God they're so beautiful, I'd like to use them as wallpapers.

Do we know the prices for the coming DLC individually, or just the expansion pass total price? I don't plan on getting the ones that aren't new story content, but I was thinking about the one for extra auxiliary maps. If the difference in price between those two combined and the whole expansion is marginal, I'll probably end up getting the expansion pass as a whole.

Does there exist an activity points by professor level table? I'm mainly wondering at which professor level you can participate in more than one battle per week.

Edited by De Geso

1 hour ago, twistedxgrace said:

How useful are the movement combat arts you get from mastering beginner classes (Swap, Shove, Reposition, Draw Back)? I’m playing on hard mode and if the game wants me to move onto intermediate classes as soon as possible I should be doing that, right?

They aren’t really necessary if you know what you’re doing. Things like shove were useful in the Tellius games to manipulate the MOV of some units, but here you have Stride and Warp/Rescue to handle that. Plus, you can easily tell the enemy’s Aggro in this game and can divine pulse if you put someone in a bad spot, so the others really don’t have a purpose. So, yes, upgrade as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

Okay, a few questions here:

1. Of the units from each House, which is the best to prepare to become a Dancer?  I've heard a lot of praise for one Black Eagles option, but since that's not my House and I have a few other recruitment priorities I doubt I'll get her and get her trained in time.

1a. As a follow-up, what neutral units make a good Dancer?  What about Byleth, would she be a good pick for the class once her Faith talent unlocks?

2. How exactly do the stars on Budding Talents work?  Does the student have to increase their rank in the talent through tutoring, or do you have to get a Perfect tutor result, or do they both work, or is it something else entirely?

3. How important is it (on Normal) that I have a specific plan for each unit planned out from the very beginning?  That is, does the game give me time to experiment with my units and change my mind if something isn't working, or will two or three careless lesson plans ruin a given unit entirely?

4. I'm on Blue Lions but plan to recruit Lysithea, Bernadetta, Marienne, and Dorothea (in descending order of emotional priority), with Leonie a possible fifth if I can manage it without too much trouble.  Am I going for too many recruitments to safely juggle?  Am I going for bad recruitments, or missing out on some particularly incredible recruits for this route?

1. Depends on your preference. Usually it’s good to pick a unit that doesn’t really fit into any particular class line. Your house leader will suggest certain units that usually will have a good chance at winning the contest.

1a. Only your students can participate and become a dancer.

2. The stars appear to be randomly given when you tutor a student in that area. A perfect is not required (though maybe it may increase the likelihood of getting a star?). It doesn’t usually take THAT long to unlock a talent: starting from E, it’s usually fully unlocked by the time you tutor them to around D or D+.

3. You have some time to figure out what you’re doing. The only thing is that you can get up to C or even B pretty quickly, but getting past that to A is maddening unless  you’ve been working at it for the majority of the game. Nevertheless, everyone’s “default” path usually works out pretty well.

4. There’s a recruitment thread floating around with many more details, but, long story short, developing your support levels with those characters (through gifts, lost items, and the dining hall) is the easiest way to recruit any student you want.

3 hours ago, EmpressFireEmblem said:

I know obviously Byleth can S support. But do my students/other faculty members ever get the possibility?

Not S rank, but they do get married in the credits "where are they now" section.

I'm playing with the Blue Lions and i'm trying to recruit Ferdinand to my team, i've seen that i'm about to B-Support him but there's never a window of opportunity so that support can be finalized.

Upon clicking in the support menu for Byleth the message "Perhaps it will take some time to deepen this bond" appears. Does this mean this support happens olny AFTER the timeskip ?

1 minute ago, EduSubGamer said:

I'm playing with the Blue Lions and i'm trying to recruit Ferdinand to my team, i've seen that i'm about to B-Support him but there's never a window of opportunity so that support can be finalized.

Upon clicking in the support menu for Byleth the message "Perhaps it will take some time to deepen this bond" appears. Does this mean this support happens olny AFTER the timeskip ?

Yes, Ferdinand’s B-support is locked until after the time skip.

7 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Yes, Ferdinand’s B-support is locked until after the time skip.

Thanks for the Info. Now i'll go crazy trying to improve my heavy armor skills. 

Do you perhaps know of the other B-supports that are locked post-timeskip ? I was planning on recruiting Petra and Lorenz too.

5 minutes ago, EduSubGamer said:

Do you perhaps know of the other B-supports that are locked post-timeskip ? I was planning on recruiting Petra and Lorenz too.

As far as we know, it’s just Caspar and Ferdinand. Leonie’s B-support also doesn’t unlock until after the December mission , but that still gives you plenty of time to try and recruit her.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

I've noticed that different characters get different combat arts and abilities from leveling skills. Is there a list anywhere that shows who gets what? 

Like the list we have of who gets what spells?

Just now, Tiero said:

I've noticed that different characters get different combat arts and abilities from leveling skills. Is there a list anywhere that shows who gets what? 

Like the list we have of who gets what spells?

Check the learned spells etc on the 3H page

3 minutes ago, EduSubGamer said:

Petra is easy. Not sure about lorenz. I can't B-support Leonie yet so she may not be until post-timeskip, on month 12

Note: Leonie seems to have low standards, I recruited her at c-support with only like a D+ in lance

Edited by Tiero

3 hours ago, De Geso said:

Do we know the prices for the coming DLC individually, or just the expansion pass total price? I don't plan on getting the ones that aren't new story content, but I was thinking about the one for extra auxiliary maps. If the difference in price between those two combined and the whole expansion is marginal, I'll probably end up getting the expansion pass as a whole.

Does there exist an activity points by professor level table? I'm mainly wondering at which professor level you can participate in more than one battle per week.

If they follow the Nintendo model during the Switch era then you won't be able to buy the DLC individually. Xenoblade and Zelda both only had the full pass available as an option, I wouldn't be surprised if Three Houses is the same considering the pass is set up similarly.

23 minutes ago, Weebos said:

If they follow the Nintendo model during the Switch era then you won't be able to buy the DLC individually. Xenoblade and Zelda both only had the full pass available as an option, I wouldn't be surprised if Three Houses is the same considering the pass is set up similarly.

I read somewhere that you could buy them piecemeal. I'm not sure if that's actually true now, though.

Are Master Classes necessary for all characters? I feel certain units, like Felix, would be better in an Advanced Class, like Swordmaster. Since some Advanced Classes have unique Mastery Skills too, I'm just wondering for future playthroughs.

12 minutes ago, Gamer76252 said:

Are Master Classes necessary for all characters? I feel certain units, like Felix, would be better in an Advanced Class, like Swordmaster. Since some Advanced Classes have unique Mastery Skills too, I'm just wondering for future playthroughs.

Not needed. I beat BL on mostly blind hard mode with like 3 people in master classes. Hard is a strong word to use for the difficulty. Having the movement is definitely great. I could've shaved a few turns off a few chapters if any of my casters were mounted (just had one master class gremory Mercedes). E.g. Cav/Pal Dimitri was my MVP for almost the whole game. He never hit a master class and never needed to.

5 minutes ago, AwakeningFates said:

My Sword of the Creator ran out of uses. Where can I get the ore to fix it? 

Rare ores are found from breaking monster armor, battle rewards, rare monster sightings, and merchants. The SoC can also be repaired slightly by resting.

1 minute ago, Centh said:

Rare ores are found from breaking monster armor, battle rewards, rare monster sightings, and merchants. The SoC can also be repaired slightly by resting.

Thanks so much! I assume the monster armour is from demonic beast battles?