The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

Just now, AwakeningFates said:

Thanks so much! I assume the monster armour is from demonic beast battles? 

Correct, when you break a beast's armor (breaking all four yellow tiles on a beast) you get an ore drop. I don't know the loot pools, but I know it happens.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i finally got my euro LE today. About the amiibo: Do they just give once per day items? Ive scanned 3 FE ones and it said something like "items are around the gazebo" and was wondering, if amiibo drop items just once a day, ingame or real life?

Does Byleth have a personality? I keep hearing that Byleth is just a silent protagonist, which is fine, but they don't involve themselves in much of the support talking. Do they have a semblance of personality like Robin (heck, even Corrin), or are they more of a Link in supports?

Byleth is mostly silent, but a few things poke through.

Weapon weight goes with attack speed. Speed - (weight -str/5) or something is the formula. If you have 4 or more AS than your opponent, you double.

Only the one house has a branching path

Edited by Centh

10 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Does Edelgard ever remind you of a communist leader?

Spoiler

Nah, if you mean like a Soviet leader. She's just a constitutional monarchist who goes really far for her ideals. 

50 minutes ago, Three Eyes said:

Do random skirmishes raise renown or just paralogues/quests? I'm wanting to grind for the Str and Spe Max +5 reward at the goddess statue but it's seeming impossible without some method of unlimited grinding.

You won't be able to get most of the statue upgrades. In New Game +, you bring your renown with you from your past game completion save file. Also, statue upgrades are permanent within NG+ files

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Since this may not become big enough to be it's own topic, I'll make this a question:

What would we tactically take advantage of dismounting, both riding and flying?

I've sometimes dismounted fliers to take advantage of terrain or avoid effective damage from bows but I've yet to find any reason to dismount cavalry.

So does anyone know how to cook the stat fish/veggies and what they do exactly. I have literally 71 Teutates Pikes and a fair amount of other stuff where the flavor text says it provides stat bonuses. Assuming that is correct though my next question is are those bonuses permanent or just for a map.

Also how do amiibos work exactly? I thought it’d function like Warriors/Pokken where there’s daily limits to grab items but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Nor with scanning once a month or something. Granted I’ve still been getting items, but not a lot and inconsistently so I’m really curious on how it functions so I can maximize my benefits.

1 minute ago, Kanethedragon said:

So does anyone know how to cook the stat fish/veggies and what they do exactly. I have literally 71 Teutates Pikes and a fair amount of other stuff where the flavor text says it provides stat bonuses. Assuming that is correct though my next question is are those bonuses permanent or just for a map.

Also how do amiibos work exactly? I thought it’d function like Warriors/Pokken where there’s daily limits to grab items but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Nor with scanning once a month or something. Granted I’ve still been getting items, but not a lot and inconsistently so I’m really curious on how it functions so I can maximize my benefits.

The stats are for the "Cooking Together" activity in the Monastery, the stat bonuses last a whole month. You also get support points with the person you pick.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I've sometimes dismounted fliers to take advantage of terrain or avoid effective damage from bows but I've yet to find any reason to dismount cavalry.

1. To easily traverse certain terrain (we need terrain cost data)

2. Slight improvement in attack spead

Edited by Jayvee94

So about the Mission Assistance mechanic:

1. Does it unlock the paralogue/paralogues for that character? (I have yet to be introduced to paralogues, so if this is a dumb question please forgive me.)

2. Is there an ideal pick story-wise for each month's Mission Assistant for each of the four paths?  (I.E. characters who get bonus dialogue with the enemies if you bring them along.)

34 minutes ago, timon said:

Is there a way to look at characters/classes' models in the menu or something? I remember you could in awakening, and I can't seem to find it here (I mean like when you go max zoom during a battle).

I think you can under... roster? It's somewhere in that menu, which has like six tabs. You have to hit x... or y... I don't have it in front of me right now.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:15 PM, spiderbrush said:

What does a weapon's weight affect?

Attack speed. (Speed + (Strength/5)) - Total Equipment Weight (weapon and shield) equals AS, and you need at least 4 more AS than the unit you're fighting to double them. For example, if you have a unit with 10 speed, 10 strength, and a weapon that weighs 7, your attack speed is 5 (10 speed plus 2-point "strength bonus" minus 7 weight).

Edited by De Geso