The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly tired so this may not come ont well. So with crest weapons, do crest welders who hold a crest weapon that isn’t their crest still get damage? I know characters without crests do. 

15 minutes ago, Brimney said:

Fairly tired so this may not come ont well. So with crest weapons, do crest welders who hold a crest weapon that isn’t their crest still get damage? I know characters without crests do. 

No they don't take damage, but they can't use the weapon's unique combat art.

27 minutes ago, AwakeningFates said:

How do I reclass into classes for which I'm already certified? I'm post time skip now, but can't find the option to change to classes unlocked earlier. 

Under the X-Menu at the monastery, go to Inventory then click reclass.

I'm so annoyed. I spent ages getting the perfect tea party with Ferdinand as I wanted to increase his and Byleth's charm and read that was how to do it, but neither increased their charm. Am I missing something or is it random even if you get a perfect? ><

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm so annoyed. I spent ages getting the perfect tea party with Ferdinand as I wanted to increase his and Byleth's charm and read that was how to do it, but neither increased their charm. Am I missing something or is it random even if you get a perfect? ><

It's just a chance, and only if you get a perfect one.

Don't know the precise number, though I've got it only once and I've had quite a few perfect teas, probably not much.

11 minutes ago, timon said:

It's just a chance, and only if you get a perfect one.

Don't know the precise number, though I've got it only once and I've had quite a few perfect teas, probably not much.

Darn it. Thanks for the response. Might just give up on a Ferdinand dancer and make Dimitri it for my first go around, unless the charm required turns out to be middling xD

For those who chose Blue Lions, I just finished the Ch8 battle and apparently

I'm given the choice to join with the Flame Emperor. I want to say no, but I'm curious at the same time of what would happen if I did. Question being, does this choice go anywhere?

38 minutes ago, Motendra said:

For those who chose Blue Lions, I just finished the Ch8 battle and apparently

Reveal hidden contents

I'm given the choice to join with the Flame Emperor. I want to say no, but I'm curious at the same time of what would happen if I did. Question being, does this choice go anywhere?

Nevermind. Question answered

Post timeskip spoilers regarding supports and monastery dialogue.

Spoiler

I'm playing through the Blue Lions route now, and I've recruited both Ferdinand and Petra to my side. In their supports, they both express their wish to fight the empire for their own reasons. My question is, does his change a lot if you side with the Black Eagles? (Please don't spoil what they say if the dialogue does change, a simple hint is enough).

It's cool how the students have unique lines for being allied with another nation. Lysithea says Dimitri's fixation on Edelgard is advantageous for her, while Marianne comments that her adoptive father thinks this is a good time to get in good standing with both House Riegan and the Kingdom.

19 minutes ago, Thane said:

Post timeskip spoilers regarding supports and monastery dialogue.

Hide contents

I'm playing through the Blue Lions route now, and I've recruited both Ferdinand and Petra to my side. In their supports, they both express their wish to fight the empire for their own reasons. My question is, does his change a lot if you side with the Black Eagles? (Please don't spoil what they say if the dialogue does change, a simple hint is enough).

It's cool how the students have unique lines for being allied with another nation. Lysithea says Dimitri's fixation on Edelgard is advantageous for her, while Marianne comments that her adoptive father thinks this is a good time to get in good standing with both House Riegan and the Kingdom.

Yes, it's different in BE.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Darn it. Thanks for the response. Might just give up on a Ferdinand dancer and make Dimitri it for my first go around, unless the charm required turns out to be middling xD

Don't worry about it, the dancer competition asks for 13 or more Cha, and the character you choose gets a +5 hard bonus, so your Ferdinand would have to be at 8 Cha to not win... considering the competition happens at around lv15-20 and Ferdinand has good Charm you'd have to be heavily screwed to not get it.

I’m playing Blue Lions route and getting really close to the time skip. I’ve recruited all possible students save Bernadette, Casper, Raphael, and Ferdinand who I’m still hoping to try and win over though his B support is locked behind ‘it will take some time before you can deepen this bond’. 

Will I eventually get all my recruited students back to use after the time skip? I’ve read vastly conflicting comments/mentions from others and would like to know for certain one way or another. 

I put in a lot of effort to win everyone I liked so I don’t have to kill them. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I've got a Relic Weapon now, but I don't seem to have any units whose crest matches?  The story seems to hammer that you can't use weapons if you don't have the right crest, but can I equip it to anybody or is it just going to sit in my inventory?

15 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got a Relic Weapon now, but I don't seem to have any units whose crest matches?  The story seems to hammer that you can't use weapons if you don't have the right crest, but can I equip it to anybody or is it just going to sit in my inventory?

I believe all the weapons can be used by anybody, but those with matching crests get a special passive from holding the weapon and a unique combat art.

Which weapon is it?

Edited by dragonlordsd

I’ve was surprised to find out that the students who die before the time skip aren’t actually dead, and you can still talk to them at the monastery. They just aren’t playable. Does this mean they become playable again after the timeskip or are they just going to hang around?

19 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I believe all the weapons can be used by anybody, but those with matching crests get a special passive from holding the weapon and a unique combat art.

Which weapon is it?

The Lance of Assal