The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The Lance of Assal

That is not a Hero Relic. It can be used by anyone provided they have an A-level in lances. Hero Relics are only given in paralogues to people with the correct crest to use them.

It looks similar, but it appears to be a group of "saints weapons" which are silver rather than gold.

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

I’m playing Blue Lions route and getting really close to the time skip. I’ve recruited all possible students save Bernadette, Casper, Raphael, and Ferdinand who I’m still hoping to try and win over though his B support is locked behind ‘it will take some time before you can deepen this bond’. 

Will I eventually get all my recruited students back to use after the time skip? I’ve read vastly conflicting comments/mentions from others and would like to know for certain one way or another. 

I put in a lot of effort to win everyone I liked so I don’t have to kill them. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't played Blue Lions, so maybe it's different, but usually everyone you recruit pre-skip joins you immediately after the first reunion battle. Also, Ferdinand's and Caspar's B-supports are locked until after the post-skip.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

That is not a Hero Relic. It can be used by anyone provided they have an A-level in lances. Hero Relics are only given in paralogues to people with the correct crest to use them.

It looks similar, but it appears to be a group of "saints weapons" which are silver rather than gold.

I haven't played Blue Lions, so maybe it's different, but usually everyone you recruit pre-skip joins you immediately after the first reunion battle. Also, Ferdinand's and Caspar's B-supports are locked until after the post-skip.

Thank you kindly for the reply! I guess I might not get Ferdinand then but I’ll do my best with NG+ to get him next time. 

10 hours ago, timon said:

It's just a chance, and only if you get a perfect one.

Don't know the precise number, though I've got it only once and I've had quite a few perfect teas, probably not much.

Really? I've gotten my charm up even without getting perfect tea time plenty of times. I've only gotten perfect tea time once but so long as I get two answers out of three right I've still been able to level up my charm. Not often but it's happened.

Just unlocked Anna's Shop in Chapter 13, but I don't have enough gold for the stat boosting items. Anyone know if the Shop is permanent (of course, most of the items are one apiece), and does the unlocked shop stick around in NG+?

54 minutes ago, digdogger48 said:

In Felix's paralogue, what is the reward for saving all the villagers vs. Not saving all of them? I can't decide if it's worth resetting. 

I answered my own question. 

Spoiler

You get Aegis Shield regardless, and a large bullion if you save everyone.

Just some thoughts for a future playthrough. This time around, I'm focusing on Linhardt becoming a Mortal Savant. Would it be better to focus him towards Holy Knight? My only worry is that unless I also train his Reason Magic he won't really be able to kill very well, and Mortal Savant lets us have a balance of Reason and Faith.

I'm at chapter 9 (Eagles), was about to promote Hubert and I find that DarkBishop wants another Dark Seal. Will I get another one?

Spoiler

I'm going with Edel btw, and I know that at some point the Death Knight will be an ally so I can't steal it there, do I get a chance before that?

Number of chapters :

Spoiler

I see a lot of people saying that BE is 6 chapters shorter than the others by ending at 18 but my GD lasted only 22 chapters and not 24 chapters. I saw people say that the others routes are 22 long and then I saw other people say that they are 24.

So which is it ? Maybe BL or Church is 24 then ? Or they all are 22 (with BE at 18) and people don't know how to count. (or do BE ends at 16 ?)

Am confused.

Crafting question: 

Spoiler

What is Agarantheum used for? Or however you spell that. If it has story significance then please don't spoil it. Can I use it at the regular ol' Blacksmith somehow?

"If you don't meet the highest possible support rank between 2 characters  pre-timeskip (usually B or B+), then you won't be able to gain any more support for them for the rest of the play through."

wait... does this mean if I don't achieve the highest possible support for (i) MC x a student of my chosen class or (ii) between students of my chosen class pretimeskip, I will not be able to raise supports anymore for them after timeskip?

What??!?!?so cannot even A or S rank characters if you dont max them to B/B+ pretimeskip?

So is it true that 

Spoiler

Edelgard... as the flame emperors, kills Jeralt (MC's dad)...? if this is the case I would never pick black eagles route... this is just... how can...?

2 hours ago, Thane said:

What is Agarantheum used for?

Don't quote me on that, but if I recall correctly, I wanted to repair my Ferdinand's Crescent Sickle yesterday, and you need Agarantheum to repair it.
Not sure if there's anything you could use it for.

10 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

Just some thoughts for a future playthrough. This time around, I'm focusing on Linhardt becoming a Mortal Savant. Would it be better to focus him towards Holy Knight? My only worry is that unless I also train his Reason Magic he won't really be able to kill very well, and Mortal Savant lets us have a balance of Reason and Faith.

In any class that can use magic, you can use both reason and faith. The main difference is the class skills, which are geared toward supporting one type or the other. So, it’s up to you. It’s very difficult to get anything beyond a B-level if you aren’t focusing on it for the majority of the game, so I would try and focus on one or the other. That said, it is perfectly viable to keep him in Warlock or Bishop until the end of the game.

3 hours ago, Tharne said:

Number of chapters :

Reveal hidden contents

I see a lot of people saying that BE is 6 chapters shorter than the others by ending at 18 but my GD lasted only 22 chapters and not 24 chapters. I saw people say that the others routes are 22 long and then I saw other people say that they are 24.

So which is it ? Maybe BL or Church is 24 then ? Or they all are 22 (with BE at 18) and people don't know how to count. (or do BE ends at 16 ?)

Am confused.

Spoiler

The Blue Lions route is also 22 chapters, and the church route is 21 chapters. I think this started because people saw the calendar and assumed that post-skip lasts a whole other year, which it does not in any route.

3 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm playing BL and I just finished the Crimson River Chapter. Out of curiosity, if you had recruited Ferdinand and/or Lorenz, would the map change in anyway?

Spoiler

They would just be replaced by generic enemies.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Crafting question: 

Reveal hidden contents

What is Agarantheum used for? Or however you spell that. If it has story significance then please don't spoil it. Can I use it at the regular ol' Blacksmith somehow?

It is used to repair certain high level weapons.

Should I hold off on doing A rank support if I want certain units to have their paired endings or no? Also is there a dedicated list out yet of what endings are paired and what supports don’t unlock any ending? I swear IS really had to make supports and endings related to them very confusing this time. Would have preferred the Fates/Awakening route with an A+/S to denote platonic or romantic results and just leaving everything else that doesn’t have a specific ending at A instead of defaulting an A for everyone and using the Close Ally indicator to have some idea what endings you’ll be getting.

22 hours ago, timon said:

Don't worry about it, the dancer competition asks for 13 or more Cha, and the character you choose gets a +5 hard bonus, so your Ferdinand would have to be at 8 Cha to not win... considering the competition happens at around lv15-20 and Ferdinand has good Charm you'd have to be heavily screwed to not get it.

Oh perfect. He's already at 14 😄

I have overlevelled my characters, to be fair... Although Ferdinand has not long joined so he's still getting up to speed. 

1 hour ago, HeartTranquil said:

"If you don't meet the highest possible support rank between 2 characters  pre-timeskip (usually B or B+), then you won't be able to gain any more support for them for the rest of the play through."

wait... does this mean if I don't achieve the highest possible support for (i) MC x a student of my chosen class or (ii) between students of my chosen class pretimeskip, I will not be able to raise supports anymore for them after timeskip?

What??!?!?so cannot even A or S rank characters if you dont max them to B/B+ pretimeskip?

So is it true that 

Reveal hidden contents

Edelgard... as the flame emperors, kills Jeralt (MC's dad)...? if this is the case I would never pick black eagles route... this is just... how can...?

Only certain supports are time-locked. Most of the time, if you get at least a C-support before the time-skip, you’re fine. We’re still working out which supports are time-sensitive or not.

Spoiler

Edelgard is working with Those who Slither in the dark, but killing Jeralt and killing/neutralizing Byleth is entirely their goals, not Edelgard’s, and it is more apparent  on the Black Eagles route that she is absolutely furious with them for the stunts they’re pulling.

Does Seteth ever become recruitable? As far as I've found, he doesn't, but I'm hoping I'm wrong xD

I'm only on chapter 6 but don't mind spoilers if it counts. Stupid life keeps getting in the way of playing ><

Edited by Cute Chao

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Does Seteth ever become recruitable? As far as I've found, he doesn't, but I'm hoping I'm wrong xD

I'm only on chapter 6 but don't mine spoilers if it counts. Stupid life keeps getting in the way of playing ><

He does, but not until much later (won't say when because one, I don't know, and two, it's probably spoileriffic).

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

He does, but not until much later (won't say when because one, I don't know, and two, it's probably spoileriffic).

Woot! That makes me much happier! For some reason, he's really grown on me as a character 😄