The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Does Seteth ever become recruitable? As far as I've found, he doesn't, but I'm hoping I'm wrong xD

I'm only on chapter 6 but don't mind spoilers if it counts. Stupid life keeps getting in the way of playing ><

He will automatically join you on certain routes after Chapter 11 (no need to recruit him or anything). If he's playable on your route, you can't miss him.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard some people claim that all gambits caused the "disturbed" effect where a unit cannot move after getting hit. However, in my playthrough this is definitely not true. I have hit and gotten hit by dozens of gambits and the target was still able to move the next turn. Is it a random effect whose chance of working we cannot see? Does the effect occur if the target does not have a battallion of their own?

What happens if you pick a birthday that falls on a date with an event or with someone elses birthday? How will the events play or not play out?

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

What happens if you pick a birthday that falls on a date with an event or with someone elses birthday? How will the events play or not play out?

As far as I’ve seen, there’s never more than one birthday on any given day, and same with an event and a birthday on the same date. So like for an example, Saint Cethleann Day and a birthday haven’t coincided. However, when a birthday falls on a free day or a mission day, which I’ve seen happen before, you get the prompt to give flowers/host a tea party before being taken to the mission select/free day screen.

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

At least in the case of two birthdays, both events play out, one after the other. You don't miss out on anything.

Edited by PurpleHairedMage

I got a new question: How do I unlock paralogues?? more specially, Dudue's paralogue

Spoiler

I hear that playing his paralogues are the only way to "save him" post time skip???

13 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

I got a new question: How do I unlock paralogues?? more specially, Dudue's paralogue

Reveal hidden contents

I hear that playing his paralogues are the only way to "save him" post time skip???

They will appear automatically if you have the necessary characters recruited. Therefore, Dedue’s paralogue will always appear on the Blue Lions route.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

For the statue bonuses that say  Faith +1 or Lance Skills +2 do those bonuses only apply when teaching or do they get that bonus from combat experience as well?

I recruited Lorenz but I missed his paralogue and after the time skip he is no longer in my barracks.  I am BLs.  My question is will he turn up or did I lose him because I skipped the paralogue?  Everyone else I recruited is in my army he is the only one missing and I know he did not die because I would remember that clearly.

Anyone know if you can pause the animation mid attack? If so, how?

I know in the 3DS games, they’ll allow you to pause animations mid attack so you can ‘capture’ the action. I’m not sure if they removed this mechanic for TH.

31 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I know in the 3DS games, they’ll allow you to pause animations mid attack so you can ‘capture’ the action. I’m not sure if they removed this mechanic for TH.

You can. I was wondering if it was possible to slow down battles in this game.

1 hour ago, zuibangde said:

Press X. Though you can't rotate the camera while it's stopped which is a bit of a shame.

First playthrough on normal mode, classic. Figured I'd adjust the difficulty on my subsequent playthroughs on other routes.

My conclusion: normal difficulty is pathetic and I wouldn't even recommend it to newcomers of the series. My gf was watching me play a little bit and wondered if it was even possible for me to lose. There was very little incentive to play strategically, which ruined many of the maps, some of which I'm assuming I won't see again on other routes.

Normal mode wasn't terribly challenging on the 3DS games but it wasn't this much a walk in the park, for as long as you played classic. 

14 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

He will automatically join you on certain routes after Chapter 11 (no need to recruit him or anything). If he's playable on your route, you can't miss him.

I think I can guess the routes he's on. I'm BL so guessing I'll have to wait until new game plus lol

Thanks for letting me know 😄

20 hours ago, timon said:

Sorry for repeating my question, but I really need to know wheter to give up and go Warlock or wait for DarkSeal. Does Edelgard get a fourth chance at a DarkSeal (after chapter 8)? If so, when?

I think so? Can't remember for sure, I might have gotten it off a paralogue.

But my actual advice is to level up warlock anyway, as dark bishop's class skill is terrible. Unlike Dark Mage, which is all around excellent, Dark Bishop is one of those classes that's great to be in, since it gives you a bunch of nice abilities (heartseeker, fiendish blow), but doesn't really give you anything for leveling up or mastering it (slightly worse growths than warlock, utterly garbage mastery skill).

If you're wondering why it's good to be IN dark bishop since you can just get fiendish blow from mage, remember that that gives you a free skill slot that you would otherwise have had to take up. So you can run something like: Reason lvl X, black magic crit +10, Desperation, and then breaker skills, wrath, vantage, whatever else you need.

Edited by dragonlordsd

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I can guess the routes he's on. I'm BL so guessing I'll have to wait until new game plus lol

Thanks for letting me know 😄

You get him on BL route. I have him and I am BL

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

I think so? Can't remember for sure, I might have gotten it off a paralogue.

But my actual advice is to level up warlock anyway, as dark bishop's class skill is terrible. Unlike Dark Mage, which is all around excellent, Dark Bishop is one of those classes that's great to be in, since it gives you a bunch of nice abilities (heartseeker, fiendish blow), but doesn't really give you anything for leveling up or mastering it (slightly worse growths than warlock, utterly garbage mastery skill).

If you're wondering why it's good to be IN dark bishop since you can just get fiendish blow from mage, remember that that gives you a free skill slot that you would otherwise have had to take up. So you can run something like: Reason lvl X, black magic crit +10, Desperation, and then breaker skills, wrath, vantage, whatever else you need.

I completely agree, but there's an exception, and that's Hubert. Warlock is literally worthless to him as he has no Black Magic, so I was thinking of making him a DarkBishop and keeping him as that forever (doubt he'll reach DarkKnight), and 20 Miasma is juicy. Let's hope I've got the right characters for that paralogue I guess, and to think I threw away the second DarkSeal because "I surely don't need it, might as well make Hanneman a DarkMage for the lols".

Just now, timon said:

I completely agree, but there's an exception, and that's Hubert. Warlock is literally worthless to him as he has no Black Magic, so I was thinking of making him a DarkBishop and keeping him as that forever (doubt he'll reach DarkKnight), and 20 Miasma is juicy. Let's hope I've got the right characters for that paralogue I guess, and to think I threw away the second DarkSeal because "I surely don't need it, might as well make Hanneman a DarkMage for the lols".

Is that how that works? Huh.... yeah, I did make him a dark bishop in the end, because I used up all my other advanced seals messing around with other characters.

I made Linhardt a dark mage for the lols too.

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Would triangle attack even be worth it?

it's fun. 

10 hours ago, Vince777 said:

First playthrough on normal mode, classic. Figured I'd adjust the difficulty on my subsequent playthroughs on other routes.

My conclusion: normal difficulty is pathetic and I wouldn't even recommend it to newcomers of the series. My gf was watching me play a little bit and wondered if it was even possible for me to lose. There was very little incentive to play strategically, which ruined many of the maps, some of which I'm assuming I won't see again on other routes.

Normal mode wasn't terribly challenging on the 3DS games but it wasn't this much a walk in the park, for as long as you played classic. 

i would argue each their own. i'm playing normal and it's enough difficulty for me that i have to plan and figure things out. 

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

You get him on BL route. I have him and I am BL

Thank you 😄 That final bit of information has made my day. I have a week off coming up and plan just to play Fire Emblem so will hopefully get there soon 😄

Does Dimitri automatically come with his hero relic in act 2? I'm a bit confused as his inventory was full yet I could've sworn he had the lance in his cutscene