The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

50 minutes ago, redlight said:

Does Dimitri automatically come with his hero relic in act 2? I'm a bit confused as his inventory was full yet I could've sworn he had the lance in his cutscene

Each of the lords automatically has their hero relic when you reunite with them post-skip. It could have just been sent to the convoy.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoilers for GD.

Spoiler

Does the game ever explicitly confirm Claude is from Almyra before the endings? I know it's heavily implied throughout the game and it's really not that difficult to guess, but the first time I ever saw it explicitly stated was in his ending where he returns to Almyra to take his place on the throne.

3 hours ago, carpirate said:

Spoilers for GD.

Hide contents

Does the game ever explicitly confirm Claude is from Almyra before the endings? I know it's heavily implied throughout the game and it's really not that difficult to guess, but the first time I ever saw it explicitly stated was in his ending where he returns to Almyra to take his place on the throne.

I'd like to know, too. In addition,

Spoiler

There's so much information flying around that Judith and Nader are Claude's parents, but having played through the whole Golden Deer route and seeing all of Claude's support convos, I haven't seen anything confirming or hinting that this is the case. In fact, the one time Judith and Nader see each other in game, they don't seem to recognize each other. Where is this coming from?

Edited by Moonlit Knight

28 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Is the Lord class ever worth it or is it simply underrated?

It may be useful for NG+ runs if you want to your Lord to be supportive with the Charm skill.

I made Dimitri one for fun and it worked rather well for the short time he was in the class, and because I didn't want to make him a Cavalier.

Edelgard and Claude may prefer other options though.

How does attack speed work in 3H?  I see that weapon weight is back, but I'm not sure if it's like FE4, where it always counts against, or if Strength drops that a bit, or something else.  I don't see Con.

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

How does attack speed work in 3H?  I see that weapon weight is back, but I'm not sure if it's like FE4, where it always counts against, or if Strength drops that a bit, or something else.  I don't see Con.

Your Constitution is 20% of your Strength, rounded down. The threshold for doubling is 4 attack speed.

So take for example a scenario where your Str is 15, your Spd is 12, and you're using an Iron Sword which has 6 weight. You therefore have a weight "allowance" of 3, and the remaining 3 points of weight reduce your attack speed to 9. You can double anyone with 5 speed or lower.

Edited by Humanoid

On a NG+, should I spend the renown from early game + last playthrought in professor level? (I wouldn't want to use too much renown to complete the statues later, but I also want to save some for support conversations, so I don't really know what would be the best)

54 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Your Constitution is 20% of your Strength, rounded down. The threshold for doubling is 4 attack speed.

So take for example a scenario where your Str is 15, your Spd is 12, and you're using an Iron Sword which has 6 weight. You therefore have a weight "allowance" of 3, and the remaining 3 points of weight reduce your attack speed to 9. You can double anyone with 5 speed or lower.

Thanks, I didn't see that explained anywhere.

Spoiler

Can i get a list of who i have to fight from the Black Eagle house if i chose Blue Lions? Like i think Petra and Bernadetta (and well Edelgard and Hubert). Who else? No spoilers besides that please

2 hours ago, Nio said:
  Hide contents

Can i get a list of who i have to fight from the Black Eagle house if i chose Blue Lions? Like i think Petra and Bernadetta (and well Edelgard and Hubert). Who else? No spoilers besides that please

Spoiler

Everyone.

I played through one Edelgard Route. I must have missed it in the lore or something, but what is the Fire Emblem object in this game? In Shadow Dragon, its the shield. In radiant dawn its the medallion. I have no idea what it is in this game.

Edited by Vorena

11 minutes ago, Vorena said:

I played through one Edelgard Route. I must have missed it in the lore or something, but what is the Fire Emblem object in this game? In Shadow Dragon, its the shield. In radiant dawn its the medallion. I have no idea what it is in this game.

Byleth's own Crest of Flames, I assume. Not an object, but a Crest.

Anyway, I've got a question of my own. For anyone who has a Dancer currently in their game, could you please please please test something for me? Can you see if Dancers can equip Gauntlets? Most pure-magic classes cannot equip Gauntlets, but Dancer is one of the few mixed classes. Like, I really need to know for my teambuilding purposes, and most of my previous questions about Gauntlet-Magic interaction got flat-out ignored.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Spoiley question about chapter 11

Spoiler

During the cerimony Edel talks about fists and blood, and it really sounds like he beat her and she's... grateful?

Did I completely misinterpret?

"in those dark times your eyes and your fists were my salvation"

"upon your fists I saw the blood ... even as I bled"

so yeah, the hell is up with that? If it's explained through story don't tell me, but I feel like I'm missing something here.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Byleth's own Crest of Flames, I assume. Not an object, but a Crest.

Anyway, I've got a question of my own. For anyone who has a Dancer currently in their game, could you please please please test something for me? Can you see if Dancers can equip Gauntlets? Most pure-magic classes cannot equip Gauntlets, but Dancer is one of the few mixed classes. Like, I really need to know for my teambuilding purposes, and most of my previous questions about Gauntlet-Magic interaction got flat-out ignored.

Can confirm my dancer hilda happened to have guantlets in hwr inventory and i tested it they can definetly use them 

13 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Each of the lords automatically has their hero relic when you reunite with them post-skip. It could have just been sent to the convoy.

Nope. Not in my convoy or anywhere else. Seems like a bug. I'll remind myself to make space for my lord's inventory next time. Fuck. Oh well.

18 minutes ago, redlight said:

Nope. Not in my convoy or anywhere else. Seems like a bug. I'll remind myself to make space for my lord's inventory next time. Fuck. Oh well.

Dimitri automatically gains his relic in the story he does not have it at the start of act 2

Quick question to the people who finished the Golden Deer Road regarding an 'issue' brought up in the two versions of the Black Eagles Road (endgame spoilers for all roads):

Spoiler

If I read it right, Rhea is brought to your side... But what about Seiros? The aetheric misanthrop with the ultimate mommy issues looks like a major threat for Fodlan's future, and one separate from Rhea, and as far as I managed to understand it, she seems to be only dealt with in the Crimson Flower and Silver Snow routes. What about the Verdant Snow/Golden Deer route?

6 minutes ago, Hardric62 said:

Quick question to the people who finished the Golden Deer Road regarding an 'issue' brought up in the two versions of the Black Eagles Road (endgame spoilers for all roads):

Reveal hidden contents

If I read it right, Rhea is brought to your side... But what about Seiros? The aetheric misanthrop with the ultimate mommy issues looks like a major threat for Fodlan's future, and one separate from Rhea, and as far as I managed to understand it, she seems to be only dealt with in the Crimson Flower and Silver Snow routes. What about the Verdant Snow/Golden Deer route?

Spoiler

She doesn’t take over Rhea, and Rhea manages to give a nice exposition dump before she more or less exhausts her strength saving you from Those that Slither in the Dark.

Just now, Moonlit Knight said:
  Hide contents

She doesn’t take over Rhea, and Rhea manages to give a nice exposition dump before she more or less exhausts her strength saving you from Those that Slither in the Dark.

Spoiler

So, she is still lingering around, and a possible looming threat for the future (once she finds herself a new reincarnation/body to wreck havoc. Someone with her kind of issues just won't call it quit because her 'good' side sided with the player)... Well, there was an opponent needed in the future to keep Claude and Byleth busy in their old days anyways...

11 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I am using Edelgard as a Lord and the +3 damage has come in handy several times for other units.

Edited by De Geso

12 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

On Dimitri it makes sense, on the others I'm not sure, by that point the Lord's authority is already sky high so you don't need the boost, and I'd rather get the humongous Strength/HP of Brigand Edelgard or have Archer Claude shoot freely at 3 range tbh.

Edited by timon

5 hours ago, timon said:

Spoiley question about chapter 11

Reveal hidden contents

During the cerimony Edel talks about fists and blood, and it really sounds like he beat her and she's... grateful?

Did I completely misinterpret?

"in those dark times your eyes and your fists were my salvation"

"upon your fists I saw the blood ... even as I bled"

so yeah, the hell is up with that? If it's explained through story don't tell me, but I feel like I'm missing something here.

Spoiler

Nope, she's talking about her childhood, when the prime minister and his dudes were experimenting on her. Her father obviously knew about it, but was completely powerless to stop them. So, she's saying that even as she bled from what they were doing to her, she knows her father was suffering too because he was so helpless.