The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

So when do archers, in this case Bernadetta, learm Deadeye? Or is that skill cut in the euro version, same to a very few other minor things?

C+ rank in bows. Same for Ashe.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me how base stats work? I can consistently swap between these two classes for Dorothea and a couple of her stats change back and forth, but I can't deduce the rhyme or reason.

(Images show her post-timeskip portrait)

Spoiler

eNyxSER.jpg

SWFkVJY.jpg

8 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Huh, Bernie has A Rank in Bows and didn't learned it?

Did you equip it? You can only equip three combat arts.

What are people's thoughts on Marianne? I'm unsure on if I should make her Gremory or Holy Knight? I worry that if I go Holy Knight she will lack damage and fall behind, because of lack of Reason training.

2 hours ago, Meteor said:

Can someone explain to me how base stats work? I can consistently swap between these two classes for Dorothea and a couple of her stats change back and forth, but I can't deduce the rhyme or reason.

(Images show her post-timeskip portrait)

Reveal hidden contents

eNyxSER.jpg

SWFkVJY.jpg

Classes affect your stats in two ways, Base stats and Class bonus.

Base stats work like they do in Echoes, where changing into the class brings each stat up to the listed base if it's lower. (for example, changing to Gremory with less than 17 Mag will bring you up to 17, but does nothing if your Mag is already 18 or higher.)

the class bonus is a modifier to your stats for as long as you are in that class. in your case, the warlock class bonus is +3 mag, +1 Dex, +1 Spd, and +4 Res versus the Gremory's +5 Mag, +2 Dex, +1 Spd and +4 Res.

You can see the adjustments using the info button on the reclass/certification screens.

Wow I fully missed that page, @Marros. Thank you! I will investigate that Info button once I have access to my Switch again. 

2 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

What are people's thoughts on Marianne? I'm unsure on if I should make her Gremory or Holy Knight? I worry that if I go Holy Knight she will lack damage and fall behind, because of lack of Reason training.

I can only theorycraft because I don’t have her on my run, but I would be more excited to go Holy Knight with her. Her budding talent and other growths seem hand picked for it, and she suffers less for not having the double white magic casts of Gremory since she has no access to rescue nor warp. Fewer Physics also seems fine given the extra movement range.

Regarding damage... I wouldn’t worry too much about it. She could use a magical weapon for attacking but otherwise be more of a Troubadour type unit. 

Edited by Meteor

Ok. So this reeks of spoilers. This is late on the Golden Deer route, but this relates to Bernadetta.

Spoiler

One of the narrations post-timeskip involves the wife of Count Varley (Bernie’s mother) putting her husband under house arrest, so she can support the new Emperor Edelgard. However, after Byleth and the boys kill Edelgard and topple the Empire in chapter 20, Count Varley is out of house arrest.
This seems fine at first, but this is also the same father of Bernie who locked her in a room so she could be trained to be a trophy wife. Which said treatment mentally screwed her to the point she became a recluse. And then after all of that, he acted like she never existed in her teenage years. This is all stuff you learn (in more detail than I have said) in Bernie’s support with Byleth (male variant at least, but there may not be much change between genders). So, now Bernadetta knows not what to think or do about this.

The game gives you two choices in response to hearing about how Count Varley is back in power and how it should be done: Byleth asks about exiling him, or Byleth suggests putting him back under arrest. My question is, which response do I pick that will have the most positive impact?

Do the chapters get harder when you grind more, or not? Do the enemies become higher levels after you and your students grind into later chapters? Or are they fixed to specific levels on specific chapters?

Edited by MetalAmethyst

1 minute ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Do the chapters get harder when you grind more, or not? Do the enemies become higher levels after you and your students grind into later chapters? Or are they fixed to specific levels on specific chapters?

They are fixed.

Possible spoilery question for recruiting Lorenz and to a lesser extent Ferdinand or Caspar in Blue Lions route.

Spoiler

I'm at the map where you fight Ferdinand at the bridge fort.  I recruited Lorenz before the time skip, and he was the only character not to rejoin after the time skip.  I think Lorenz is supposed to show up at the map sometime, can I recruit him again, and if so, how?  I wasn't able to recruit Ferdinand or Caspar before the time skip, since both their B supports can't unlock, but I had them at C+, right on B.  Is it possible to recruit either of them?

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Possible spoilery question for recruiting Lorenz and to a lesser extent Ferdinand or Caspar in Blue Lions route.

Hide contents

I'm at the map where you fight Ferdinand at the bridge fort.  I recruited Lorenz before the time skip, and he was the only character not to rejoin after the time skip.  I think Lorenz is supposed to show up at the map sometime, can I recruit him again, and if so, how?  I wasn't able to recruit Ferdinand or Caspar before the time skip, since both their B supports can't unlock, but I had them at C+, right on B.  Is it possible to recruit either of them?

I am sure something similar has been asked, but...

Spoiler

For Lorenz, you just have to beat him with your protagonist. Because you brought him to your house before the timeskip. The other two, though... I don’t think you can recruit them.
As Kiragi said, war is heck.

35 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I am sure something similar has been asked, but...

Hide contents

For Lorenz, you just have to beat him with your protagonist. Because you brought him to your house before the timeskip. The other two, though... I don’t think you can recruit them.
As Kiragi said, war is heck.

Thanks

Another unrelated question, how exactly do people know if they have crests?  Are they birthmarks like the mark of the exalt?

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Thanks

Another unrelated question, how exactly do people know if they have crests?  Are they birthmarks like the mark of the exalt?

I don't know yet if this is explained in the game, but I could imagine you could test if someone has a crest by doing combat training. If your crest doesn't activate past a certain point, they assume you don't have one and give up.

2 minutes ago, Vitezen said:

I don't know yet if this is explained in the game, but I could imagine you could test if someone has a crest by doing combat training. If your crest doesn't activate past a certain point, they assume you don't have one and give up.

Don't they say they test them when they are born, though?  0th level humans usually aren't much for combat.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Don't they say they test them when they are born, though?  0th level humans usually aren't much for combat.

I don't recall seeing that yet. Hanneman says that he's at the forefront of crest research, and he has a machine that lets him simply scan you for a crest, but I don't know if this is a common thing throughout the world. I couldn't imagine every noble sending their children to Garreg Mach just to check if they have a crest when we can see there's an easier way to test it.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

One of the very first things you do in the game is to give Hanneman a blood and hair sample so he can find your Crest, so presumably the serious answer is that.

Then he sells your DNA to health insurance companies.

Edited by Humanoid