The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

My Felix has a C in Bows but he still didn't learn Close Counter. According to the website you learn Close Counter at C. Is this incorrect or am I doing something wrong? 

Did your Felix have 5 abilities set? If so, then, Close Counter might not have showed up.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, spoilers. But there is nothing I need help with.

Seriously, I just need to get this out, because I just experienced this.

Spoiler

Who here expected that Flayn and Seteth were Saint Cethleann and Saint Cichol all along? I thought they were just descendants under hem who have lived for a long time, but no, they were the real thing. Everything makes so much more sense.

Also, it seems my love for ancient beings of FE continues, considering I am considering S-supporting her.

16 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Again, spoilers. But there is nothing I need help with.

Seriously, I just need to get this out, because I just experienced this.

Hide contents

Who here expected that Flayn and Seteth were Saint Cethleann and Saint Cichol all along? I thought they were just descendants under hem who have lived for a long time, but no, they were the real thing. Everything makes so much more sense.

Also, it seems my love for ancient beings of FE continues, considering I am considering S-supporting her.

Spoiler

Their paralogue where you learn that they are Father/Daughter is already a big clue when you also know that Cethleann was Cichol's daughter (It's in the description of the Statues in the Cathedral). Also the way Flayn reacts during her support with Ignatz is a pretty big tell.

I have... Many questions! Please feel free to answer only one or a few or whatever. 🙂

1. Does turn count matter? Are there battle rankings (S, A, B, etc.)? If there are rankings, what do you get for getting higher ones?
  2. Is there a limit to how many items you can have in the convoy?
  3. Can most physical units be trained to wield a melee weapon as well as a bow or only certain ones?
  4. I’ve had two characters ask me to fight them in a duel and turned both down. Was that a mistake? What does dueling entail?
  5. What does the training ground do?
  6. What is the level cap (I've seen this asked approximately 4 times in this thread so I assume we don't know yet)? EDIT: I just read on Gamefaqs that it's been confirmed that 99 is the cap. Not sure how accurate this is!

Edited by Mjolnir
learned new info

When can you start buying Master Seals? All of my primary units are level 30+ after Chapter 12, but I have only received the one free Master Seal for qualifying. I don't intend on using online features either. I'm playing on Hard/Classic, if it matters any.

Edited by Cor Leonis

52 minutes ago, Tharne said:
  Hide contents

Their paralogue where you learn that they are Father/Daughter is already a big clue when you also know that Cethleann was Cichol's daughter (It's in the description of the Statues in the Cathedral). Also the way Flayn reacts during her support with Ignatz is a pretty big tell.

Spoiler

Yeah. But this was all stuff I did not realize earlier. I feel idiotic, yet I also feel rewarded. It feels weird.

Seriously, I think Seteth and Flayn are two of my favorite characters in this game now. Gonna be fun to see all the tells I did not notice beforehand on my Blue Lions run.

1 minute ago, Cor Leonis said:

When can you start buying Master Seals? All of my primary units are level 30+ after Chapter 12, but I have only received the one free Master Seal for qualifying. I don't intend on using online features either.

I think when you get to a certain professor level, but that stuff is going to be limited. For realzies.

The silver lining is that Anna sells these infinitely. You just have to accept and do the quest to search for her secret thingie and she’ll open her shop at the market.

23 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Does turn count matter? Are there battle rankings (S, A, B, etc.)? If there are rankings, what do you get for getting higher ones?

Outside of limited turn battles, I haven't seen any indication of turn based ranking (or ranking of any sort tbh) and there isn't any sort of paralogue that's unlocked by doing maps under a certain turn count like in other games, so you're free to take your time.

30 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Can most physical units be trained to wield a melee weapon as well as a bow or only certain ones?

With the exception of gauntlets and magic, any class can use any weapon. You can have a bow wielding mage or axe wielding dancer. Gauntlets can't be used on any class with a mount or by monks (possibly other magic classes too but I haven't checked) Magic can only be used if the class says it can use magic. Despite the wording of certain classes like priest and warlock, you CAN use any reason and faith magic that the character has learned.

41 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

I’ve had two characters ask me to fight them in a duel and turned both down. Was that a mistake? What does dueling entail?

I'm assuming you mean Jeritza and Felix? If so that was just idle conversation and no actual duel happens. If you say yes to Felix though you'll gain some support points with him.

44 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

What does the training ground do?

Each month there is a tournament you can have any non-byleth character participate in for gold and reward (usually a weapon or a seal) It's basically Fates arena. You don't lose a character if they fail and you don't get experience for any of the battles.

1 minute ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

I think when you get to a certain professor level, but that stuff is going to be limited. For realzies. 

The silver lining is that Anna sells these infinitely. You just have to accept and do the quest to search for her secret thingie and she’ll open her shop at the market. 

My Professor level is already maxed out at A+ thanks to exploiting the fishing pond. I guess I'll just look out for Anna, then? Will the regular shop carry any limited copies of Master Seals like they did with the lower level Seals?

10 minutes ago, Cor Leonis said:

My Professor level is already maxed out at A+ thanks to exploiting the fishing pond. I guess I'll just look out for Anna, then? Will the regular shop carry any limited copies of Master Seals like they did with the lower level Seals?

She'll be somewhere some time later.
Also, I forgot the shop did not sell Master Seals. Sorry.

23 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Outside of limited turn battles, I haven't seen any indication of turn based ranking (or ranking of any sort tbh) and there isn't any sort of paralogue that's unlocked by doing maps under a certain turn count like in other games, so you're free to take your time.

With the exception of gauntlets and magic, any class can use any weapon. You can have a bow wielding mage or axe wielding dancer. Gauntlets can't be used on any class with a mount or by monks (possibly other magic classes too but I haven't checked) Magic can only be used if the class says it can use magic. Despite the wording of certain classes like priest and warlock, you CAN use any reason and faith magic that the character has learned.

I'm assuming you mean Jeritza and Felix? If so that was just idle conversation and no actual duel happens. If you say yes to Felix though you'll gain some support points with him.

Each month there is a tournament you can have any non-byleth character participate in for gold and reward (usually a weapon or a seal) It's basically Fates arena. You don't lose a character if they fail and you don't get experience for any of the battles.

Wow thank you so much for the very detailed answers! I'm very grateful. 🙂 Yes, I did mean Jeritza and Felix re: duelling. It feels weird and wrong to have mages use bows, but I will just have to get used to it. 😉 The flexibility seems like it'll be fun!

18 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

What are people's thoughts on Marianne? I'm unsure on if I should make her Gremory or Holy Knight? I worry that if I go Holy Knight she will lack damage and fall behind, because of lack of Reason training.

okay I trained Marianne in both. the game makes you think that the lance is really the best weapon for her to learn, but I would strongly suggest swords. I think she just needs C in lance anyway, which is relatively easy to get esp with the knowledge gem. 

She was 'passable' in this class for me - this was what she asked me to be and i didn't think to change it. (and then ranged healer). but she shined as a Gremory. she was fast enough to negate all doubles, high resistance to avoid most damage, and then she near the end game crit'ed a lot. i am doing the Blue Lions path, and I am wanting to get her for the simple fact that she gains Silence (relatively quickly) and she has some amazing spells that did a lot of damage. (Thoron was her best friend end game for me)

23 hours ago, Gamer76252 said:

What are people's thoughts on Marianne? I'm unsure on if I should make her Gremory or Holy Knight? I worry that if I go Holy Knight she will lack damage and fall behind, because of lack of Reason training.

Holy Knight makes sense because you get mobile healing, it's also much easier for her than for most healer/mages (since she has talent/strength in the right places).

That said I suggest to still train her sword enough to get Soulblade (it scales off her insane resistance, it's basically a nuke), and always get Reason up on your healers, at least to get a couple spells. Marianne has very good magic as well, I've been using her as an offensive unit from time to time and she deals big damage.

So I'd say Holy Knight, you get more utility out of her and she's the best fit for it in the game, but get some offensive spells with Reason. Luckily she gets Blizzard and Thoron early on, you don't need anything else really.

Obviously by spreading over to sword/reason you'll never get a 100% certification, but just try your luck every week until it works, with C in Lance (easy), A in Faith (will come naturally) and just a C-B in Riding you'll probably get accettable odds.

Also I've got a question, is it ever explained where the hell Edelgard's axe comes from? I've read the weapon description, but it's not like it says much. Would be interesting to know what crest it has on as well (I image crest of Seiros, since Edel can use the combat art with it?)

Edited by timon

Spoiler

So who attacked Arianrhod on Edelgard's route? The spears of light are kinda the same that Thales used at the end of Church Route, so i assume it was him/them/Edelgard's uncle working with them but them she talks about the doings of the Church, so im not sure now.

6 hours ago, Nio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So who attacked Arianrhod on Edelgard's route? The spears of light are kinda the same that Thales used at the end of Church Route, so i assume it was him/them/Edelgard's uncle working with them but them she talks about the doings of the Church, so im not sure now.

Spoiler

Yes, it was Thales/Arundel that dropped the spears of light. Edelgard doesn't want to cause panic and dissent in her forces, so the public story she gives to her forces is that it was the Church that did it. There's a reason the chapter name is Lady of Deceit. 

Do students, recruited in their final month possible, come in an advanced classes?

What sets apart the Saint Weapons from Hero's Relics?

Can anyone confirm that Maces and Hand Axes share the same victory animation as Swords?

Edited by Jayvee94

I'll just ask it here since I don't see this warrant its own thread. 

My question is is the limited edition worth it? Considering buying one since my local game store have a couple of copies left. Yet at the same time I'm not that hype about it considering the price and I'm a bit on short on cash since I'll be buying the switch with Three Houses.

5 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I'll just ask it here since I don't see this warrant its own thread. 

My question is is the limited edition worth it? Considering buying one since my local game store have a couple of copies left. Yet at the same time I'm not that hype about it considering the price and I'm a bit on short on cash since I'll be buying the switch with Three Houses.

The contents of the limited edition varies somewhat depending on where you are, but I don't see any of them being particularly appealing. Hugely subjective opinion of course, but it's really just a few knick-knacks that probably cost them ~$10 to make, and it doesn't even come with the DLC season pass. For approximately double the price, it was an easy decision for me. And considering you said your budget is limited, I'd say it's a straightforward decision for you as well.

That said, Nintendo CEs tend to be somewhat rare so if you're the type of person who likes to resell stuff, it might be a passable idea to get it and sell it once you're done.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

The contents of the limited edition varies somewhat depending on where you are, but I don't see any of them being particularly appealing. Hugely subjective opinion of course, but it's really just a few knick-knacks that probably cost them ~$10 to make, and it doesn't even come with the DLC season pass. For approximately double the price, it was an easy decision for me.

Thanks, forgot to add I'll get the EU ver. And like you said I would gotten it without a heart beat if I could get more value of my money. The more I think about this I'll probably be happy with just the base game. 

Speaking of season pass does 3H have it or not?

12 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Thanks, forgot to add I'll get the EU ver. And like you said I would gotten it without a heart beat if I could get more value of my money. The more I think about this I'll probably be happy with just the base game. 

Speaking of season pass does 3H have it or not?

More than that, the DLC can *only* be bought as part of the season pass, you can't pick and choose at all. The only thing it currently gives you is an alternate outfit for the main character, additional content will be rolled out over the next half-year or so, with the next piece due at the end of October. Knowing that, there really is no reason to purchase it just yet.

P.S The season pass can be bought from the Nintendo eStore either as a bundle with the digital download version of the game or by itself.

Edited by Humanoid

45 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

More than that, the DLC can *only* be bought as part of the season pass, you can't pick and choose at all. The only thing it currently gives you is an alternate outfit for the main character, additional content will be rolled out over the next half-year or so. The season pass can be bought from the Nintendo eStore either as a bundle with the digital download version of the game or by itself.

Wait I can't pick and choose the DLCs I want? Then it's settled it will be the base game and grab the season pass instead. 

4 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do students, recruited in their final month possible, come in an advanced classes?

What sets apart the Saint Weapons from Hero's Relics?

Can anyone confirm that Maces and Hand Axes share the same victory animation as Swords?

No, always intermediate, I think you get lv.23 in chapter 11? Post timeskip recruitments come in intermediate as well (so they're kinda useless apart from support reasons).

Saint Weapons require an A rank in their skill level (except Caduceus Staff), but Hero Relics take 10 HP a turn if the units doesn't have a crest (doesn't matter if it's the same or not). Hero Relics give special combat arts if you equip them on someone who has the corresponding crest, Saint Weapons give bonuses to everyone, but they're increased if you bear the crest (eg. Chicol's Lance recovers HP, but Ferdinand recovers more HP from it).

I'm pretty sure the Mace does, never seen an Hand Axe though.