The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

6 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Because this got ignored and buried:

How many paralogues need students from two different houses?? And what is the availability for each of them?

In addition to @Moonlit Knight's list:

- Ignatz and Raphael (pre-timeskip)

- not students, but Seteth and Flayn as well as Shamir and Alois, Hanneman and Manuela (pre-timeskip)

- Annette and Gilbert (post-timeskip, and I believe exclusive to Blue Lions)

- Ashe and Catherine (pre-timeskip)

- Hilda and Cyril (pre-timeskip)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So up to now, a month has always started with an Explore weekend before the first Instruct session. I got burnt by assuming this would always be the case, but November (Chapter 8?) opened up with an Instruct first which really caught me out with bad motivation on my students. I don't see a way to preview the next month ahead of time, so anyone recall if this happens again later?

I know it's fairly minor to miss out on a couple of students worth of skill gains in the bigger picture, but I'm disproportionately annoyed by the fact we can't see this coming at all.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

For the bonus when teaching? That's not what Professor's Expertise is. It happens with any skill whenever your level in it is higher than the person you're teaching, it doesn't actually need to be a strength.

Oh. I didn't realize that it was just whatever skills Byleth happened to be higher ranked in, as opposed to their strengths.

34 minutes ago, Alistair said:

In addition to @Moonlit Knight's list:

- Ignatz and Raphael (pre-timeskip)

- not students, but Seteth and Flayn as well as Shamir and Alois, Hanneman and Manuela (pre-timeskip)

- Annette and Gilbert (post-timeskip, and I believe exclusive to Blue Lions)

- Ashe and Catherine (pre-timeskip)

- Hilda and Cyril (pre-timeskip)

Okay. Thanks. By the by, Ashe and Catherine's paralogue is needed to complete their support chain, right?

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So up to now, a month has always started with an Explore weekend before the first Instruct session. I got burnt by assuming this would always be the case, but November (Chapter 8?) opened up with an Instruct first which really caught me out with bad motivation on my students. I don't see a way to preview the next month ahead of time, so anyone recall if this happens again later?

Which moon corresponds to November? Because I'd rather not be caught off guard by this.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which moon corresponds to November? Because I'd rather not be caught off guard by this.

Red Wolf. It happens right after the Battle of the Eagle and Lion story map so you need to prepare a bit far in advance.

It's extra annoying because there actually is a Sunday before the teaching day where they could have let you do something, but nope, it's just a blank day. It's just there, as if intentionally trolling you.

Edited by Humanoid

Spoiler

I got the scene at the graveyard with dad showing me the wedding ring a few chapters ago. But will I still need to go pick it up from his quarters when I get the chance? And if so, what month is it that I have to pick it up?

Does having any of the Crest Items in New Game+ allow the holder of the items to gain the upgraded effects of the Hero's Relics?

So say I gave someone the item that replicated the Crest of Fraldarius on Felix. Would that mean the crestholder would be able to gain the damage halving effects of the Aegis Shield?

I wish I could test this myself, but I'm not far enough into a NG+ file to even have a relic...

@Bk1234 yes, you do. I think you can even form supports between the adjutant and nearby units, because I'd get supports between Seteth and some random student he was never paired with.

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Does having any of the Crest Items in New Game+ allow the holder of the items to gain the upgraded effects of the Hero's Relics?

So say I gave someone the item that replicated the Crest of Fraldarius on Felix. Would that mean the crestholder would be able to gain the damage halving effects of the Aegis Shield?

That's Correct. Any crest item prevents a unit from being damaged for using relics, while using the matching crest lets them use that relic's combat art.

52 minutes ago, Marros said:

That's Correct. Any crest item prevents a unit from being damaged for using relics, while using the matching crest lets them use that relic's combat art.

That makes me wonder, do they stack? If I give Gautier's crest to Lysithea will she be able to proc all 3 effects/use all 3 combat arts? What if I give her 2 crest items, can she then proc 4 different crests?

Also is it possible to buy more of one same crest (eg. buy 3 Gautier's crests)?

3 hours ago, spiderbrush said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I got the scene at the graveyard with dad showing me the wedding ring a few chapters ago. But will I still need to go pick it up from his quarters when I get the chance? And if so, what month is it that I have to pick it up?

The January month. (Chapter 10 I believe)

So, related to Sylvain’s paralogue (and after the battle with Miklan earlier)...

Which dialogue choice with Rhea after the battle with Miklan lets you get the Lance of Ruin in that paralogue: “As you wish” or “I will not”? Or does it not matter?

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout

24 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, related to Sylvain’s paralogue (and after the battle with Miklan earlier)...

Which dialogue choice with Rhea after the battle with Miklan lets you get the Lance of Ruin in that paralogue: “As you wish” or “I will not”? Or does it not matter?

"As you wish." "I will not" gives it to you immediately. 

For the Black Eagles Route:

Spoiler

I ran into two instances where the game told me my choice would significantly impact the story line.

1. In the month leading up to the “Conflict in the Holy Tomb” mission, Edelgard asks Byleth to accompany her to the Empire to act as a witness to the transfer of power from her father to herself.
  2. After the battle for that same mission, Byleth has to choose between the Empire and the Church.

Does anyone know how significantly the first decision actually affects the story?

So far I’ve done two runs: I chose to go to the Empire both times (for the first decision), and then I did one run each of siding with the Empire, and siding with the Church. I’m basically just curious to see if it’s worth doing two more where I don’t go to the Empire for the first choice.

Edited by LordFrigid

43 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

For the Black Eagles Route:

Reveal hidden contents

I ran into two instances where the game told me my choice would significantly impact the story line.

1. In the month leading up to the “Conflict in the Holy Tomb” mission, Edelgard asks Byleth to accompany her to the Empire to act as a witness to the transfer of power from her father to herself.
  2. After the battle for that same mission, Byleth has to choose between the Empire and the Church.

Does anyone know how significantly the first decision actually affects the story?

So far I’ve done two runs: I chose to go to the Empire both times (for the first decision), and then I did one run each of siding with the Empire, and siding with the Church. I’m basically just curious to see if it’s worth doing two more where I don’t go to the Empire for the first choice.

Spoiler

If you do not go with Edelgard for the first choice, you do not have the opportunity for the second choice. You're simply railroaded to the Church. 

I read that Annette has a post-timeskip Paralogue with Gilbert, but... I played Blue Lions first and beat it on Normal, but I never got it.

I played and cleared every other paralogue I had access to (Sylvains, Ingrid/Dorothea, Seteth/Flayn, Felixs, Hanneman/Manuela, Ashe/Catherine, Dedue, Alois/Shamir, Sothis's Mariannes, and Mercedes/Caspar), but I do not recall ever being allowed access to one for Annette or Gilbert, before or after the timeskip.

Did I miss something? I never really used Gilbert beyond as an adjunct, so I could have missed something, but I'm not discounting the possibility that I simply missed it in a very strict time-frame for doing it.

4 hours ago, Forcek said:

Is there no class that has proficiency in white magic along with swords?

Beyond Enlightened One for Byleth, no. The closest you can manage is Mortal Savant, which has Sword/Black Magic proficiency, ergo it enables the use of magic.

A question about s-supports

Spoiler

I know that the ring is required. Does it show up in the inventory? I'm paranoid I don't have it and I'm at the end of the game. I do remember I read the diary in the room after he died.

So i have a question about time-skip chapters for BL, GD and BE-C. 

I did BE-E first, and now playing BL.

Am i corect in asuming that

Spoiler

Chapters 13 to 17 are the same for those 3 routes? I heard that GD and BE-C routes have the same maps, exept for final boss map.

13 minutes ago, Patchy said:

A question about s-supports

Hide contents

I know that the ring is required. Does it show up in the inventory? I'm paranoid I don't have it and I'm at the end of the game. I do remember I read the diary in the room after he died.

Spoiler

You’ll always have it. It just does not appear in your inventory.

Just now, Azure in a Roundabout said:
  Hide contents

You’ll always have it. It just does not appear in your inventory.

Spoiler

That's good to know, I was just getting unsure because I saw that you picked up one of those blue pickups in his room when you got it. Is there any other way to check if you got it?

What level are the enemies of the last Chapter?  Blue Lions route specifically, if that matters.  I want to get an idea of what level to shoot for.

Also, what differences are there between Normal mode and higher difficulties?  I heard you can't infinitely grind, and I assume higher enemy stats.  Are there any other differences?

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

What level are the enemies of the last Chapter?  Blue Lions route specifically, if that matters.  I want to get an idea of what level to shoot for.

Also, what differences are there between Normal mode and higher difficulties?  I heard you can't infinitely grind, and I assume higher enemy stats.  Are there any other differences?

I only played hard so I can't compare the differences, but I can tell you the recommended level for the last chapter given in game was 41 off memory. My guys were typically around 43, with some dipping lower (like Dedue who was 39, but got away with it) Dimitri was more like 48 and Byleth 45 because of their experience bonuses. I can't remember the enemy levels for the life of me though.