The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

4 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

How to beat dragons? 

(the one in the chapter NPC Gilbert joins) 

And I did not understand the barrier thing and it restored HP over and over again till my half party was killed. 

I think the ones you are talking about might have the magic shield.  They're completely immune to magic damage until you break the shield and have to use physical weapons or physical gambits.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

How to beat dragons? 

(the one in the chapter NPC Gilbert joins) 

And I did not understand the barrier thing and it restored HP over and over again till my half party was killed. 

Break all the shield or kill it before it can pull its AoE attack. If a beast manages to use its special attack it'll restore all the health of its shields.

The shield are the yellow squares on the beast and to break them you simply have to hit them hard enough (although I believe the first one has cracked shields so even a weak hit should destroy it) The best way to break them all is to use gambits to target more than one shield at a time.

When all shields are broken the monsters will become dazed and they take more damage along with not being able to move or attack for a turn.

2 hours ago, Lysithea said:

I think I understood.

It is similar to Ashera's auras!? 

Not really, considering that Ashera was outright untargetable before all her auras were gone.

Incidentally, monsters have multiple lives in this game according to the number of gems you see. When a monster's HP is completely depleted, it loses a life and might gain another ability.

Kind of a minor spoiler regarding at least the Black Eagles route and Blue Lions route, I guess Golden Deer too.

Spoiler

Why does Dimitri not go crazed or lose his eye during the Black Eagles route? Initially I thought he got over it by the time he has his battle with Edelgard's forces, but Rodrigue is killed by Edelgard's forces. So he doesn't really have the same experience available to him. I assume it didn't happen at all given he has both eyes. But why? Especially considering he goes crazy in the Golden Deer route too. Church of Seiros route is the only one I haven't played yet, so I don't know if there're answers there.

What colour is the max motivation emoticon supposed to be? I know it's a trival question, but I wonder if I've missed a patch or something, on the internet I always see this

3eea8e83b7fba585e05ab6861fe65e3a.jpg

But in my game it's red, anyone know what that's about?

14 minutes ago, timon said:

What colour is the max motivation emoticon supposed to be? I know it's a trival question, but I wonder if I've missed a patch or something, on the internet I always see this

3eea8e83b7fba585e05ab6861fe65e3a.jpg

But in my game it's red, anyone know what that's about?

What game version are you playing? I believe it's red in the JP version. 

3 hours ago, carpirate said:

Is there a list of all possible paired endings somewhere?

Every pair of characters that has an A-support together will have a paired ending.

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

Kind of a minor spoiler regarding at least the Black Eagles route and Blue Lions route, I guess Golden Deer too.

Reveal hidden contents

Why does Dimitri not go crazed or lose his eye during the Black Eagles route? Initially I thought he got over it by the time he has his battle with Edelgard's forces, but Rodrigue is killed by Edelgard's forces. So he doesn't really have the same experience available to him. I assume it didn't happen at all given he has both eyes. But why? Especially considering he goes crazy in the Golden Deer route too. Church of Seiros route is the only one I haven't played yet, so I don't know if there're answers there.

Spoiler

1. On the Black Eagles route, Rhea does not go missing or get captured by the Empire during the battle at Garreg Mach since she does not throw herself at the enemy in an effort to save Byleth.

2. As a result, she and the Knights of Seiros remain firmly united and join forces with Dimitri and Faerghus almost immediately. 

3. With the full united force of the Knights of Seiros behind Dimitri, Cornelia does not dare to attempt a coup or frame him for the murder of his uncle.

4. As a result, unlike the other routes, there is no botched attempt to execute Dimitri. Dimitri is this free to spend the time-skip as the leader of a united Faerghus, rather than spend the time-skip as a wandering beast indiscriminately slaughtering empire officers.

5. Thus, he’s able to more or less hold on to his sanity. The eyepatch probably comes from that botched execution attempt or from his wandering afterwards.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

Forgot to ask in my last post. About s-supports

Spoiler

Can someone say in which specific chapter you get to choose the s-support for byleth? GD route for me.

2 hours ago, Patchy said:

Forgot to ask in my last post. About s-supports

Reveal hidden contents

Can someone say in which specific chapter you get to choose the s-support for byleth? GD route for me.

It’s always on the final day of the game, just before the final map(s).

So, about Dedue’s paralogue...

Spoiler

I just have to beat it to ensure Dedue survives the timeskip, right? Or do all of the Faerghus green units have to survive?

I only lost one, but if that one costs me Dedue, I might have to recruit Caspar to replace him.

3 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, about Dedue’s paralogue...

Reveal hidden contents

I just have to beat it to ensure Dedue survives the timeskip, right? Or do all of the Faerghus green units have to survive?

I only lost one, but if that one costs me Dedue, I might have to recruit Caspar to replace him.

In a weird twist, it’s the red units you need to “save.” You need to “save” at least half by either defeating them before the green units do or leaving them “alive” by the time you beat the boss. Whether the green units survive or not should not matter.

41 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

In a weird twist, it’s the red units you need to “save.” You need to “save” at least half by either defeating them before the green units do or leaving them “alive” by the time you beat the boss. Whether the green units survive or not should not matter.

Well, I hope I did enough. However, I was very much focused on getting to the boss as quickly as possible. That may have cost him for me...
Edit: @Moonlit Knight I asked on Discord and I was given some reminders on the prompt and rewards given if you succeed. Fantastic.

Edited by Azure in a Roundabout
Update.

14 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Sorry if somebody already asked it, but how many units can you use in the final map in the Golden Deer route? I would like to get an idea about how many units I should focus on.

On a semi-related note, how many units are usable in the final maps on the other routes? I don't think it was asked, or if it was, it got buried.

Edited by Shadow Mir