The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Incidentally, monsters have multiple lives in this game according to the number of gems you see. When a monster's HP is completely depleted, it loses a life and might gain another ability.

I noticed that multiple HP gauges are a thing in FE now too. 

Still 150 HP in chapter 5 is a bit too much imo. 

This boss would have been an execellent replacement for FE7's fire dragon. 

I ask again, because this got ignored: does the durability reduction combat arts have get applied if they miss (for example, would I still lose 5 durability if I used Tempest Lance only to miss)?

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

I ask again, because this got ignored: does the durability reduction combat arts have get applied if they miss (for example, would I still lose 5 durability if I used Tempest Lance only to miss)?

Yes. Its 5 to activate and the game doesn't care whether you actually land the hit or miss.

I also noticed Levin Sword loses durability even if it misses a magic attack. Haven't really paid attention though if every ranged weapon is like that or just magical ones.

18 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Yes. Its 5 to activate and the game doesn't care whether you actually land the hit or miss.

I also noticed Levin Sword loses durability even if it misses a magic attack. Haven't really paid attention though if every ranged weapon is like that or just magical ones.

I thought that was the case. Thanks.

As to that, I'm going to assume it's only magic ones until further notice.

49 minutes ago, Meteor said:

Can Poison Strike deal lethal damage in this game? Hubert already had five skills by the time I got it so I never tested.

No - nor can the poisoned status kill.

Edited by De Geso

18 minutes ago, Meteor said:

Thanks for confirming. Glad I assumed correctly that it’s virtually worthless. 

Considering how hard it is to get one of those poison weapons or skills legitimately (require rare material or beat the Death Knight), it's safe to assume it's mostly intended for the enemy to use them.

33 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

How do I complete Hilda's flower quest? I keep giving her flowers I have but no matter what I give her it stays uncompleted. Do I need a specific flower that I just don't have or what?

You need to grab the G Flower (forgot the name) from the botanist location and give that to her.

Best route to grind S Supports? 
I noticed that in GD, you pick your S-support right before the final battle, but if memory serves, in BL you pick your S-support in Ch. 18..? Pardon if I'm misremembering, but I did make a separate save at the time because it was my first playthrough and I was a bit confused at the process. I haven't started either BE yet, so I guess between (possibly) BE and GD, it comes down to how fast it is to defeat the final boss..? 

No spoilers please, just a simple answer is enough. Thanks!

I was surprised to find that my professor and Blue Lions lord ended up with a personal ability+ eventually at some point in the game. It added an extra effect on top of the 1.2x exp bonus they get such as Byleth gets +2 dmg in combat. Does anyone know how this is activated and if other classes get the same thing?

1 hour ago, Vorena said:

I was surprised to find that my professor and Blue Lions lord ended up with a personal ability+ eventually at some point in the game. It added an extra effect on top of the 1.2x exp bonus they get such as Byleth gets +2 dmg in combat. Does anyone know how this is activated and if other classes get the same thing?

All the lords + Byleth get their personal skill updated after the timeskip. They are the only characters to get their personal updated.

-------------------

Does anyone know if Byleth's crest always had the chance to prevent counterattacks or is that also something that gets upgraded?

29 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Does anyone know if Byleth's crest always had the chance to prevent counterattacks or is that also something that gets upgraded?

It's always been there, given I've only just completed chapter 8 and have seen it happen multiple times.

Edited by Humanoid

In GD route Valley of Torment chapter, does anyone know what the two chests contain?

I reclassed Caspar from Assassin to War Master and I thought he'd still be able to lock pick but he can't so now I can only open one chest with the key and want to know which is the most valuable of the two.

27 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's always been there, given I've only just completed chapter 8 and have seen it happen multiple times.

Thanks. I never noticed it before till I fought Leonie's paralogue boss, but to be fair, Byleth tends to always kill enemies before they can counterattack anyway.

13 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

In GD route Valley of Torment chapter, does anyone know what the two chests contain?

I reclassed Caspar from Assassin to War Master and I thought he'd still be able to lock pick but he can't so now I can only open one chest with the key and want to know which is the most valuable of the two.

You can always buy Chest Keys from the preparation menu, I believe the Item Shop sells them.

For the reclassing thing, you get Steal for mastering the Thief class, but not Locktouch. Mastering Assassin gives you neither of those. Indeed you cannot get Locktouch as a Master skill from anywhere.

Quick Google says that the items are Bolt Axe and Silver Shield but I can't vouch for that and it's not particularly useful without knowing which is which.

2 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

You can always buy Chest Keys from the preparation menu, I believe the Item Shop sells them.

For the reclassing thing, you get Steal for mastering the Thief class, but not Locktouch. Mastering Assassin gives you neither of those. Indeed you cannot get Locktouch as a Master skill from anywhere.

Quick Google says that the items are Bolt Axe and Silver Shield but I can't vouch for that and it's not particularly useful without knowing which is which.

I know you can buy more from the preparations menu but I was already pretty far into the map when I realized my mistake :sweatdrop:

Well I ended up going for the one on the right side of the map which gave me the Bolt Axe so now we know which is which :P:

Part of the reason I thought Caspar could lock pick was because of he mastered thief. Sucks that no master class has locktouch .

49 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

What happens to the students you recruited pre-timeskip, post-timeskip? Do you start out with them or do you have to fight and spare them?

The vast majority of them will rejoin you immediately (and will be replaced by generic enemies on the chapters you would normally fight them on). Only one or two per route will leave and must be re-recruited later on (most likely by defeating them with Byleth). The ones I know of are

Spoiler

Lorenz on Blue Lions, and Ashe on Golden Deer

Edited by Moonlit Knight

So, I have a B support with Bernadetta and Marianne, as of prior to end of Red Wolf Moon. So... now that it’s Ethereal Moon, I just have to wait until they aske to join my House, right? Or is there more to it?
If there’s nothing more to it, I just save before the end of my downtime (currently at the beginning of Red Wolf Moon) and then reset to that save if I do not get both by the end of the week, right?