The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

So I'm told that during chapter 9 exploration, you talk to the Gatekeeper and a choose someone to appear in a future event. Are the choices restricted to students only, or is it just that the list is capped and the top candidates I have all happen to be students?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

The ones I know of are

Hide contents

Lorenz on Blue Lions, and Ashe on Golden Deer 

Spoiler

Do you have to recruit Ashe part 1 to avoid killing him in part 2? Cause I felt pretty bad that he couldn't be spared.

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

So I'm told that during chapter 9 exploration, you talk to the Gatekeeper and a choose someone to appear in a future event. Are the choices restricted to students only, or is it just that the list is capped and the top candidates I have all happen to be students?

It's students only and only S supportable ones at that.

Can you buy fish from the online visitors? I'm seriously considering getting the online subscription if it means I can get the stupid silverfish I need to finish a quest.

So much time fishing and I got zero silver fish but the game sure had no problem throwing 9 golden fishes, 2 platinum, 4 fodlandy, and goddesses messenger at me. This feels just as bad as Yo-Kai Watch's bug/fish catching quests.

6 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, I have a B support with Bernadetta and Marianne, as of prior to end of Red Wolf Moon. So... now that it’s Ethereal Moon, I just have to wait until they aske to join my House, right? Or is there more to it?
If there’s nothing more to it, I just save before the end of my downtime (currently at the beginning of Red Wolf Moon) and then reset to that save if I do not get both by the end of the week, right?

Resetting works in a weird way in this game, basically nothing is random, everything is a consequence. Which sounds deep, but what I mean is that if you want a different outcome you have to do something different before that event occurs. eg. if no one asks to join try redoing the previous instruct in another way and it might happen.

That said, I'm pretty sure just one student per month can ask, you could try asking them yourself, maybe you've got the reqs (a B support brings them down significantly).

4 minutes ago, May B. said:

I am curious, if you play with F!Byleth, when you talk to the gatekeeper at the 'prom' month, what are the character options available?  (BL route)

All Blue Lions males and Mercedes, as well as all recruited student males and Dorothea if they joined your house. 

Edited by 0 Def Cleric

2 hours ago, May B. said:

I see, thanks!

There is a filter though, I'm playing parallel playthroughs of Golden Deer with my sister, both as M Byleth, and we had different options. One was understandable as I had recruited Ingrid and she had not, but on the other hand, she had Flayn as an option and I did not. I can't tell if it's a B level support minimum, or maybe it's selecting the top 6 supports since that's the number of options I was given.

Edited by Humanoid

14 minutes ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

How do you get to the Holy Tomb (where other gender!Byleth is) in NG+? I see people talking about it, but maybe I just missed it, because I have no idea where it is. 

What?! That's a thing?!

I have a question about post timeskip recruitments. It is during Blue Lions chapter 16

Spoiler

Chapter 16: The Great Bridge Coup

This chapter brought back Ferdinand and Lorenz. I did recruit Lorenz pre timeskip, but I couldn't get Ferdinand. As much as I tried, the game didn't allow me to have B support with him, even when I had enough points collected for it - and it was already too late to raise my skills for him.

I defeated both of them with Byleth, but the game only offered to me to persuade with Lorenz. The only difference I made here is that I defeated Ferdinand using my battalion, but I only used regular attacks against Lorenz. Was there something I should've done otherwise or Ferdinand is simply not recruitable here?

9 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I have a question about post timeskip recruitments. It is during Blue Lions chapter 16

Hide contents

Chapter 16: The Great Bridge Coup

This chapter brought back Ferdinand and Lorenz. I did recruit Lorenz pre timeskip, but I couldn't get Ferdinand. As much as I tried, the game didn't allow me to have B support with him, even when I had enough points collected for it - and it was already too late to raise my skills for him.

I defeated both of them with Byleth, but the game only offered to me to persuade with Lorenz. The only difference I made here is that I defeated Ferdinand using my battalion, but I only used regular attacks against Lorenz. Was there something I should've done otherwise or Ferdinand is simply not recruitable here?

Spoiler

Lorenz is the only one that works like that in Blue Lions, the only way to get Ferdinand is to get him pre timeskip (if you do that he's there from the start, no need to face him). And you couldn't raise his support to B because it's locked after the timeskip.

That means that Ferdinand is the single most difficult character to get, because you can't "support cheese" him AND he asks for heavy armour (which is the hardest to get). Caspar is on a similar boat with his B rank, but he asks for Gauntlets which is a bit easier.

Edited by timon

2 minutes ago, timon said:
  Hide contents

Lorenz is the only one that works like that in Blue Lions, the only way to get Ferdinand is to get him pre timeskip (if you do that he's there from the start, no need to face him). And you couldn't raise his support to B because it's locked after the timeskip.

That means that Ferdinand is the single most difficult character to get, because you can't "support cheese" him AND he asks for heavy armour (which is the hardest to get). Caspar is on a similar boat with his B rank, but he asks for Gauntlets which is a bit easier.

Thank you. How convenient that those are the only 2 units I couldn't recruit in this run.

21 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:
  Hide contents

Do you have to recruit Ashe part 1 to avoid killing him in part 2? Cause I felt pretty bad that he couldn't be spared.

Spoiler

That's right. If you didn't recruit Ashe in part 1 in the Golden Deer Path, he will not be saved from the death.

Two things:

1. What is the music unlocked for axillary battles by each FE amiibo?

2. In the event instruction goes bad, who prefers to be critiqued and who prefers to be consoled?

Without Spoilers, aside from recruited students, the marriage options in the Church Route are basically the same as the BE route, right? I know that's probably obvious but I just want to be sure~

14 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

How do you get to the Holy Tomb (where other gender!Byleth is) in NG+? I see people talking about it, but maybe I just missed it, because I have no idea where it is. 

14 hours ago, MetalAmethyst said:

What?! That's a thing?!

It's the Amiibo Gazebo which I'm pretty sure you need Amiibos to access~

35 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Without Spoilers, aside from recruited students, the marriage options in the Church Route are basically the same as the BE route, right? I know that's probably obvious but I just want to be sure~

You trade Edelgard and Hubert for Rhea, Seteth, Flayn, Catherine and I think Hilda.

48 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Ehh, about half the faculty staff are exclusive.

Specific differences as far as I know:

You trade Edelgard and Hubert for Rhea, Seteth, Flayn, Catherine and I think Hilda.

EDIT: Oh, Cyril too but no one should S-support him probably. 😛

Edited by Humanoid