The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

5 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Is there a way to soft reset/reload without doing Home Button->close software?

L, R, +, -.

Edited by Shadow Mir

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that if you don't unlock c supports before the timeskip, you won't be able to unlock the whole support chain with a certain character at all. Does this apply only to Byleth's conversations with other characters or to all conversations in general?

18 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I read that if you don't unlock c supports before the timeskip, you won't be able to unlock the whole support chain with a certain character at all. Does this apply only to Byleth's conversations with other characters or to all conversations in general?

There’s a thread floating around where we’re compiling all the time-locked supports. The long and short of it:

-All of Byleth’s C supports are pre-skip only except for Alois and Gilbert

-Most of the other C supports are not, but there are some sporadic exceptions

-There are also some supports with unique twists/requirements (for example, many supports are unlocked by completing the Ashe x Catherine paralogue).

46 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

There’s a thread floating around where we’re compiling all the time-locked supports. The long and short of it:

-All of Byleth’s C supports are pre-skip only except for Alois and Gilbert

-Most of the other C supports are not, but there are some sporadic exceptions

-There are also some supports with unique twists/requirements (for example, many supports are unlocked by completing the Ashe x Catherine paralogue).

Understood. I'll go checking the other thread for more details. Thanks for the answer!

Just now, Jayvee94 said:

Let's just say you're still at the planning stage of doing the paralogue and you're on normal mode.

...Unless you plan on using them in the future, just stack them up on vulneraries and give them a hp-restoring ring if you have it? And then just keep them out of range. 

20 hours ago, 0 Def Cleric said:

...Unless you plan on using them in the future, just stack them up on vulneraries and give them a hp-restoring ring if you have it? And then just keep them out of range. 

Huh, fair enough.

I’m sure this has been asked and answered before but for the life of my I don’t know what to search for or how to find it. What do the red arrows that go up mean while dining with someone? Not the red down arrows that indicate someone doesn’t like a meal - sometimes there is a separate red arrow pointing up during a meal, often on people who already have blue positive arrow ups. 

3 minutes ago, Brimney said:

I’m sure this has been asked and answered before but for the life of my I don’t know what to search for or how to find it. What do the red arrows that go up mean while dining with someone? Not the red down arrows that indicate someone doesn’t like a meal - sometimes there is a separate red arrow pointing up during a meal, often on people who already have blue positive arrow ups. 

Sometimes a weekend has a special event that may, for example, give a bonus when dining with someone from your own house, or with faculty, or any other number of conditions. The arrow indicates the people who benefit from this bonus.

Do you know how that differs from the blue “boon” arrows?

functionally it seems like even with no symbols the chosen student will get full motivation 

Edited by Meteor

54 minutes ago, Meteor said:

Do you know how that differs from the blue “boon” arrows?

functionally it seems like even with no symbols the chosen student will get full motivation 

Can't say as I've never tried feeding anyone with a food they didn't like. Guessing it just affects the support point gain? It'd make sense as it's more common for these events to affect units who aren't your students at any given time.

4 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Crimson Flower/Silver Snow spoilers

Hide contents

What happens if I put Edelgard as my S support in the NG+ then play the Silver Snow route? Is the support cancelled?

Spoiler

I'm not sure, it probably just disappears. The thing is, buying S support in NG+ does not mean what you think. You're not actually S ranking that character, you just get a bigger bonus in battle. But when the moment comes you'll still be able to choose whom to marry.

Edited by timon

Just came here to say that I did it. I got Bernie and Marianne in the same week. Just reset to the save I made on that free day.

That was the second week of Ethereal Moon. Now I am on Lone Moon.

Spoiler

Edelgard is bringing war, and Dimitri is the least ok he has been. Wish me luck.

23 minutes ago, May B. said:

Are Dark Knight and Holy Knight locked on their respective weapon types, reason and faith? Or can I still use both types of magic?

You can use both types, and can in any class capable of wielding magic.

4 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I don't know where else to ask this. Someone who has completed GD Ch 20

Reveal hidden contents

Is it normal that I get a Cutscene with Edelgard where she's all emotional about her teacher?

Yes

Spoiler

They basically just used the same cinematic for both the Golden Deer and Church routes. It makes more sense in the second route, of course.