The Fire Emblem 3 Houses General Questions Thread

1 minute ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Yes

Hide contents

They basically just used the same cinematic for both the Golden Deer and Church routes. It makes more sense in the second route, of course.

Huh. Well good to know it wasn't a bug or such but that seems like something they definitely should have fixed because it felt really weird.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i just buy the game after 3 weeks of been out of stock on my country, idk which house i should choice? Something not so hard or too easy a balance to understand the game old and new mechanics

Edited by Sieghart

So after my first playthrough with Dimitri i have to say i overall liked Three Houses (although Dimitris storyline is a bit too much Edgelord for my taste).
What they have done best is that you actually care for your opponents, since you actually spent time with them and there were many occasions where i was like: I really dont want to hurt that guy/girl. It makes you care for the other side, much better then the Fates splitt part where i had like no attachement to the opponents on my first playthrough.

I have a question about the second part of the game!

Spoiler

After the time skip, if I didn't recruit a character during the first "year" of the game, does that mean they are no longer recruitable when I fight them later on? 
I'm asking becasue i'm on the second GD chapter post-time skip, and can't recruit Ashe, and I really didn't recruit many characters during the first part of the game.

1 hour ago, Sieghart said:

Hi i just bought the game after 3 weeks of been out of stock on my country, idk which house i should choice? Something not so hard or too easy something balance to understand the game old and new mechanics

Which house has the most characters you like? Anyway, none of the routes are radically harder than the others, to my knowledge.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which house has the most characters you like? Anyway, none of the routes are radically harder than the others, to my knowledge.

Im between Black Eagles or Golden Deers, i wanna play hard mode, but i hear there is no free map for grind on that mode

3 minutes ago, Sieghart said:

Im between Black Eagles or Golden Deers, i wanna play hard mode, but i hear there is no free map for grind on that mode

It's true. You only have so many points for battles (assuming you choose to battle on weekends); that said, improving your professor level allows you to do more stuff on weekends.

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's true. You only have so many points for battles (assuming you choose to battle on weekends); that said, improving your professor level allows you to do more stuff on weekends.

Ahh ok thanks for the info 😀

48 minutes ago, May B. said:

Can someone confirm Dimitri's height pts?

180cm, and he doesn't grow at all after the timeskip. Must be the menacing hunch he puts on.

Most characters stay the same height, really. Source.

6 hours ago, Puddlejumper said:

Reveal hidden contents

After the time skip, if I didn't recruit a character during the first "year" of the game, does that mean they are no longer recruitable when I fight them later on? 
I'm asking becasue i'm on the second GD chapter post-time skip, and can't recruit Ashe, and I really didn't recruit many characters during the first part of the game.

Correct. There is an exception on the BE route 

Spoiler

Defeat Lysithea with Byleth and she joins with no prior investment 

9 hours ago, Puddlejumper said:

Hide contents

I have a similar / related question:

Spoiler

I'm on the second BE chapter post-time skip, with Edelgard. I spared Leonie on the first chapter post-time skip, and I'm wondering If I should spare Hilda as well. Will either of them be recruitable later on if I spare them? Will any former students be recruitable if I spare them?

Also, I looking for Silverfish. What's their rarity? I can't seem to catch any.

52 minutes ago, EtherMage said:

Hide contents

I'm on the second BE chapter post-time skip, with Edelgard. I spared Leonie on the first chapter post-time skip, and I'm wondering If I should spare Hilda as well. Will either of them be recruitable later on if I spare them? Will any former students be recruitable if I spare them?

Someone will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong, but Hilda I believe is unobtainable in the Edelgard route, Lysethia is available regardless if Byleth is the one to take her down, and all other students are available if you recruited them pre-timeskip.

As for the fish, Silver, Gold and Platinum fish are obtainable only if you get the yellow fish indicator when fishing. As Silver is the "worst" of these three, you may find that you keep getting Gold and Platinum fish, so in this case you may need to sandbag and deliberately do poorly (and use worse bait?) to get them. I'm not sure if professor level affects fish quality.

3 hours ago, EtherMage said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

You mean you just didn't go kill her or you killed her with Byleth and had the option to spare? Because I was pretty sure there was no spare option on her.

If you mean you just avoided her you could theoretically do the same with Hilda, but good luck, she's kind of really in the way (and there's no spare option for her either).

And no, you can't recruit anyone you haven't gotten in school, the only exception is Lysithea in Edelgard's route, kill her with Byleth and you can get her (she's a bit useless though, she joins very underleveled).

I have two questions on my mind, and I was hoping for some feedback. 

1) Do we know how paired endings work yet? I've read if you have all your A supports, the game gets weird about pairing some people up. I figured I'd wait to do the A supports for now, but some characters have that weird arrow 'double support' (or whatever it's called) for the A support, like Linhardt and Petra. If I do the first 'A' support, would that influence a paired ending, or would I need the second as well? I'm tempted to do the first one to start building points for the second A support, but don't want to mess around with paired endings yet. Seeing as I how I just hit the time skip on my first run, I figure by the time I get there, someone will have a list of the bloody things done lol. 

2). What's a good strategy for renown? I've been spending it on the statues as soon as I can, but I've heard/read you can use renown for NG+ for a LOT of things, skills, ranks, etc. I only have 400 renown saved up, and wondering if it's better to focus on statues, or save for NG+. I only have 400 or so renown left at the moment, and I'm going to be saving it for now. Still, I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on it, if possible. 

Thank you for your time! 

2 hours ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

I have two questions on my mind, and I was hoping for some feedback. 

1) Do we know how paired endings work yet? I've read if you have all your A supports, the game gets weird about pairing some people up. I figured I'd wait to do the A supports for now, but some characters have that weird arrow 'double support' (or whatever it's called) for the A support, like Linhardt and Petra. If I do the first 'A' support, would that influence a paired ending, or would I need the second as well? I'm tempted to do the first one to start building points for the second A support, but don't want to mess around with paired endings yet. Seeing as I how I just hit the time skip on my first run, I figure by the time I get there, someone will have a list of the bloody things done lol. 

2). What's a good strategy for renown? I've been spending it on the statues as soon as I can, but I've heard/read you can use renown for NG+ for a LOT of things, skills, ranks, etc. I only have 400 renown saved up, and wondering if it's better to focus on statues, or save for NG+. I only have 400 or so renown left at the moment, and I'm going to be saving it for now. Still, I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on it, if possible. 

Thank you for your time! 

There should be a thread on the paired endings here, but basically, the game has an invisible "support points" that continues to grow. Whoever has the most support points gets the pairing. You can check this by seeing who is listed at the top of the "close allies" section on the roster page. The top 3 are the ones with the most.

Renown can be earned from completing quests, tournaments, and... rare monsters? I think?

7 hours ago, timon said:
  Hide contents

You mean you just didn't go kill her or you killed her with Byleth and had the option to spare? Because I was pretty sure there was no spare option on her.

If you mean you just avoided her you could theoretically do the same with Hilda, but good luck, she's kind of really in the way (and there's no spare option for her either).

And no, you can't recruit anyone you haven't gotten in school, the only exception is Lysithea in Edelgard's route, kill her with Byleth and you can get her (she's a bit useless though, she joins very underleveled).

Spoiler

I meant that I deliberately did not KO Leonie (it was hard, but I made it work). As for Hilda, I cleared the chapter once already, killing her, but I just wondering if I should keep her alive by avoiding the left side of the map entirely.

I recruited Lysithea at school already.

1 hour ago, EtherMage said:

Spoiler

In that case no, there's not a single reason to not kill people, except roleplay reasons. That is the case for every route btw, the only character recruitable after timeskip is Lysithea (only in Edelgard's route).

That said, if you can manage try to kill ex-students with Byleth, for some of them you're given the option to spare them. For example in that map you can spare Claude if you deal the finishing blow with Byleth or Edelgard, and that gives you additional post chapter dialogue (and a happier closure to his character).

There are special circumstances with Lorenz in Blue Lions and Ashe in Golden Deer: if you recruited them in the school phase in those routes they're not with you immediately after the timeskip, you have to face them and have them rejoin you (but only if you got them as students).

I'm just at the end of the month of chapter 3. I noticed that I can't get C support with Edelgard. I take it because of story reason?

Can someone please tell me when I can get her C support and the rest of it so I don't waste support point.

20 minutes ago, timon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In that case no, there's not a single reason to not kill people, except roleplay reasons. That is the case for every route btw, the only character recruitable after timeskip is Lysithea (only in Edelgard's route).

That said, if you can manage try to kill ex-students with Byleth, for some of them you're given the option to spare them. For example in that map you can spare Claude if you deal the finishing blow with Byleth or Edelgard, and that gives you additional post chapter dialogue (and a happier closure to his character).

There are special circumstances with Lorenz in Blue Lions and Ashe in Golden Deer: if you recruited them in the school phase in those routes they're not with you immediately after the timeskip, you have to face them and have them rejoin you (but only if you got them as students).

Spoiler

Thanks a lot! Now I have no reservations to killing ex-students if necessary. (I already spared Claude, which resulted in Shamir at the monastery saying I'm too soft (while smiling).)

21 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

I'm just at the end of the month of chapter 3. I noticed that I can't get C support with Edelgard. I take it because of story reason?

Can someone please tell me when I can get her C support and the rest of it so I don't waste support point.

That support (and there are others) are locked behind a certain point of the story. I don't remember the exact point, but if the letter is already glowing you're fine; you'll get it when you advance the plot far enough.

I have a question of my own: there not being that many flying batallions seems to be the main balancing "weakness" of fliers in this game. Has anyone collected a list of (flying) batallions and how to get them?

Well, the main site has a list of all the Battalions, though not how to get each specifically. To my knowledge, all of them come from either the Battalion guild shop, quest rewards, and paralogue rewards. I know I've purchased Seiros Pegasus and Empire wyverns from the shop (on Empire path, obviously), and I know the paralogue with Seteth and Flayn gives a wyvern battalion, for example. 

Does class experience carry over?  I'm maxing Commoner/Noble on characters on the 1st/2nd map, and I remember it taking quite a bit longer, if at all on the first playthrough.

35 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does class experience carry over?  I'm maxing Commoner/Noble on characters on the 1st/2nd map, and I remember it taking quite a bit longer, if at all on the first playthrough.

No it doesn't.

What likely happened is that you leveled up a certain Statue enough for the +1 Class EXP. That may be why class masteries are maxing out faster.